Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Choy Lay Fut Project

Holy testicle Tuesday !!
    What's the chinese character for anally retentive ???
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Holy testicle Tuesday !!
    What's the chinese character for anally retentive ???
    "Gang-li-qiang" 肛力强

肛力强!!!!

yeah biotches
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Yes, very good for a loose bowel.

Blog Entries
    oh sure blame me for this whole dammmm fiasco!!!!!!!

i bet joseph was behind this.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

so, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that Joseph is behind anally retentive people? What is he doing behind them and is it related to their retentiveness?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    iron anus Choy Lee Fut techniques.

The secret is within the grip
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Oh, you "gang bu kai" 肛不开 you!

Gang bang what ???
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Arrow

Man is ADHD rampant around here.

Anywho..

Lama Pai Sifu - thanks for explaining more about your particular branch. Guess you folks were MMa a long time ago.

CLFNole - still wondering who these people are that seem to be perpetually confused about chop choy and the panther fist.

nospam

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Yes, I came across an example a while back. Can't remember what family it was. One section was interpreted as "lazily dressing in clothes" (the motion of putting on clothes) whereas the other way was written differently though sounding similar and hence inspired a different motion/energy.
    this refers to the opening of the taiji form - what the Chen form gives as "Lazily Binding the Robe", the Yang form gives as "Grasp Sparrows Tail"; my understanding is that in Chinese they sound very similar, and as Yang Lou Chan was not the most highly literate individual, there was evidently some "linguistic drift"...

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    It's like, for the longest time, Yip Man WAS Wing Chun. Now, we have found out that there are many other lines of it, some with more forms, some with completely different forms all together. Reality of it is, NO one else does the YIP MAN version, except for YIP MAN and HIS Students. Yip Man created his version - no one else has one that looks similiar.
    this is exactly the same situation with taiji in the US - for the longest time, like maybe 30 years, everyone thought Chen Man Chings highly personalized style of taiji was what all taiji was like, because he was pretty much the only gig in town, and since he was based in NYC, he had exposure to a large number of students...

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    It is the first one - WITH the water radical. I had ten guys in Toi-San write it down for me. I would think they would know. It was also written right on the front of the temple. End of story
    and furthermore, I had my taiji teacher look at it when Mike was doing all the research, as he is a classically trained Chinese scholar - not only did he agreee with the character, he said that in terms of "literati" convention, it made sense ("Green Cloud", on the other hand, he said made no sense, that is was something that would just not be employed by anyone educated...).

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    this refers to the opening of the taiji form - what the Chen form gives as "Lazily Binding the Robe", the Yang form gives as "Grasp Sparrows Tail"; my understanding is that in Chinese they sound very similar, and as Yang Lou Chan was not the most highly literate individual, there was evidently some "linguistic drift"...
    This is such a funny point. For some reason, everyone just assumes that EVERY CMA was a literary genius who was an expert on the written language, a skilled orator and a brilliant historian. They ate with 2 fu(king sticks for heaven's sake! They knew about the fork but they kept eating with sticks. They weren't plowing the fields with an ox and two pool cues, were they? No, I think not.

Most of them were fighters, not scholars.

They got characters wrong and some couldn't read at all.

Whatever. 90% of all the CMA history is subjective propaganda anyway. Notice how every style has the coolest stories in thier tradition? Most of it just didnt' happen. They are just cool stories, that's all.

We should focus on the content of our MA much more and not have so many flame wars about lineage. This is why I am putting my stuff out there. Maybe more people will do the same. I've been inspired (and sometimes just disgusted) by people putting their stuff on the web. I think it's good for everyone.

Nospam:

My comment about the chop choy was just a general statement about people who don't understand the chaap choy and its usage. Thats about it, nothing more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by nospam View Post
    Lama Pai Sifu - thanks for explaining more about your particular branch. Guess you folks were MMa a long time ago.
    allot of CMA were MMA, so many styles are mixes of many teachers.
    Jow ga is a perfect example. Wing Chun also is a mix of the two or three teachers IP Man had.
    Its only natural to learn from whoever you can, people often move around so its very hard to learn a "whole" style.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    The Choy Lee Fut represented in the United states is as follows..........

Jeong Yim's Fut San lineage.......

Gm Salvatera: Head Master of Yuen Hai/Lau Bun's lineage

Paul Chu of the Chui Kwong Yuen Hung Sing lineage is in texas.

New York Hung Sing (Jeh Wing Bun lineage)

Chan Family CLF is represented by:

GM Doc Fai Wong, Chan Yong Fa, and the Ngan Yiu Ting lineage

Buk Sing's main representatives in America are:

Both Dave and Vince Lacey, Lai Hung.

and we cannot forget the Late Great Lee Koon Hung .........RIP.

So we have at least 9 Main CLF representatives in America.

Then you have the other schools who have a little Choy Lee Fut, picked up a few moves, or a few forms here and there.
    Point of clarification...Wong Doc Fai does not represent Chan Family and its a bit of a slight to list him before Master Chen Yong Fa as a proponent of Chan Family. Despite him courting Master Chen's uncle, Doc Fai always has been and currently is Hung Sing. Review his lineage http://plumblossom.net/ChoyLiFut/history.html

Todd
    Last edited by T. Cunningham; 11-15-2007 at 10:53 PM.