Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Osceola martial-arts instructor accused of raping 14-year-old girl

John Thomas Durinick also faces more than three dozen molestation charges in other incidents.

former Osceola County martial-arts instructor faces more sexual-related charges after an ex-student told deputies he had raped her two years ago, authorities said Monday.

Deputies arrested John Thomas Durinick on sexual-battery charges on Thursdayshortly after he had bonded out of the Osceola County Jail on molestation charges stemming from separate incidents.

Reports from the Osceola County Sheriff's Office show the victim told investigators that Durinick, 39, had taken her into a room and attacked her at the John Emmons Tae Kwon Do Martial Arts Studio in 2008.

The victim was age 14 when that sexual battery allegedly took place, deputies said.

Jail records show Durinick, of St. Cloud, posted a $50,000 bond on Friday and left the Osceola County Jail, spokesman Larry Krause said.

Investigators said the victim and her mother approached the owner of the martial-arts studio with the allegations on April 26. Martial-arts studio owner John Emmons called deputies and reported the alleged attack.

Sheriff's deputies said the victim told them Durinick had attacked her on the day of her tests at the studio in the 1000 block of Aeronautical Drive . He "began touching her inappropriately underneath her clothes," the report shows.

Detectives tried to interview Durinick on Thursday while he was being fitted with an ankle monitor prior to his release from the jail, but he refused to speak with them, sheriff's spokeswoman Twis Lizasuain said.

Hours after he bonded out of jail, deputies arrested him on sexual-battery charges.

The instructor also faces 40 counts of lewd or lascivious molestation, five counts of lewd/lascivious molestation and one count of false imprisonment in other cases.

Durinick has been accused of having an inappropriate relationship with two 15-year-old girls spanning 18 months, St. Cloud police records show.

In one case, a girl tried to get away from him during an encounter, resulting in the charge of false imprisonment.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Dungeonmaster

...and ju-jitsu and trampoline?
    Page last updated at 17:52 GMT, Monday, 5 July 2010 18:52 UK
    Preston martial arts teacher jailed for abusing boys

Nicholas Tuley Nicholas Tuley must serve a minimum term of 10 years and six months

A martial arts instructor who dubbed himself the "Dungeon Master" has been jailed indefinitely for sexually abusing four boys.

Nicholas Tuley, 43, of Preston in Lancashire, used the fantasy game Dungeons and Dragons to ingratiate himself to his victims.

He admitted 17 charges of sexual abuse at two earlier hearings.

Judge Heather Lloyd, sitting at Preston Crown Court, ordered him to serve a minimum term of 10-and-a-half years.

He will only be considered for parole after that time if he is no longer regarded as a risk to the public.

'Veneer of respectability'

Judge Lloyd told him: "You corrupted these children in the true sense of the word while all the time having the veneer of respectability."

Tuley admitted serious sexual offences against the boys and indecent assault from 1993 to 2007.

He preyed on his victims after meeting them while working as a martial arts instructor at Strettles Gym in Fylde Road, Preston.

Duncan Birrell, prosecuting, said the defendant used his martial arts prowess as a starting point for targeting his victims who did not see as unusual that he would physically take hold of them in a domineering role.

Tuley was the Dungeon Master. He was in control of the scenarios the children played

Duncan Birrell Prosecutor

He added: "In addition to the Ju Jitsu he had other activities which he was instrumental in involving the youngsters at the club, such as Dungeons and Dragons and trampolining.

"The Crown say this offered an extensive opportunity to identify those likely to be most vulnerable and then ingratiate into their lives and sexually abuse them."

His victims were invited to his home to play a fantasy role-play game on his computer where each would imitate a character.

"Tuley was the Dungeon Master," said Mr Birrell.

"He was in control of the scenarios the children played."

He abused one boy after offering him personal tuition to help combat a violent stepfather.

Another was abused in the showers of the club.

Tuley was also placed on the sex offenders register and disqualified from working with children for life.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...and ju-jitsu and trampoline?
    u'r just upset bec u don't want anyone else being called Dungeon Master...

Rubbed the wrong way

Martial arts instructor jailed for molesting student
    BRUCE MCKEAN
    July 28, 2010 - 7:10AM

Internationally recognised martial arts instructor Phillip Van Den Broek was jailed for four months yesterday for molesting a 17-year-old female student.

It was a massive fall from grace for the highly respected 5th degree black belt tae kwon do instructor who was described by his peers as a brilliant, totally dedicated instructor, an excellent and wonderful trainer.

The Crown case was that Van Den Broek, 47, was assisting the female to do some stretching exercises when he reached up her leg, starting with her thigh, and moved his hand up and started rubbing her private parts outside her clothing.

After a five-minute break, he assisted her to do some more exercises and was sitting over the top of her, holding her by the waist, and his thumbs were in the area of her groin and he rubbed her several times. He sent her a text later that night asking her something like: How are you?

A jury found him guilty after a two-day trial.
    Nowadays, Forum Administrator beats Dungeonmaster like rock crushes scissors, taai gihk yahn.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Only in Malta

This came up on my Shaolin newsfeed ironically.
    Monday, 2nd August 2010
    Crime and punishment

Criminals, courts, and the prison system mesmerise me. I would hate to be somehow involved with any of the three, but at the same time I am lured into reading about criminal cases like flies are to politicians.

Last week I was shocked to read about a black belt Kung-Fu fighter, who, during a road rage incident in Bahar Ic-Caghaq, got out of his car and grievously injured not one, but two, 60-year-old men. The court sentenced him to four years in prison, but upon appeal, the 41-year-old-black belt managed to get his prison sentence reduced by one year.

Not only did this guy have the gall to physically attack two men who are 20 years his elder, but he did this in full view of two disabled women who were still in the car. Keep in mind that athletes trained in any form of martial arts, especially Kung Fu are (or rather should be), governed by a strict code of ethics. Just like a policeman who is duty-bound to prevent crimes, this guy was duty-bound to avoid violence at all costs. Rumour has it, that when his (already ridiculous) prison sentence was reduced even further, Shaolin monks all over the world lost consciousness with embarrassment.

The main reason behind the decision to reduce his sentence (by no less than 25%), was that the victims had made a full recovery. Excuse me, but the guy was accused, convicted, and then sentenced for the crime of causing grievous bodily harm. He was not accused nor punished for causing permanent disability or death. This means that the fact that the victims were most likely to recover from their injuries had already been taken into consideration by the first court, which had condemned him to four years not three.

But before I could sigh, roll my eyeballs into my forehead, and console myself with the thought of ‘Only in Malta', I came across the story of Ian Huntley, a 36 year old Briton who is currently serving a minimum 40-year jail term for murdering two 10 year old girls in 2003.

Last March, after 7 years in prison, Huntley was attacked by another inmate who slashed his throat. Upon recovering, Huntley decided to sue the prison service for failing to care for him properly. The court proceedings and legal fees alone could cost British tax payers more than one million Euro, and if successful Huntley could claim up to €120,000 in damages, not to mention, the thousands of Euro that it's already costing the state to keep him alive in prison. (In Malta the total cost of keeping a man in prison for forty years would be €730,000)

Cases like Huntley's, and mostly where the victims are innocent children, make me re-question my stand against Capital Punishment. But then, when I hear about cases like that of Michael Anthony Green I go back to square one, and categorically oppose it.

Back in 1983, in Houston, Texas, Green was only 18 years old, when he was accused and found guilty of the abduction and rape of a woman. He was sentenced to 75 years behind bars only to be released last month after new DNA tests found that he was not guilty after all!

In 2008, a new district attorney was elected. She (yes shock horror ‘she') formed the Post-Conviction Review Section which chose Green's case as one of the first to review. They re-tested the victim's clothing and the results excluded Green. They were also able to identify the four men who had actually abducted the women but are unable to prosecute them because the statute of limitations on the rape has now run out! Lovely turn of events isn't it? Who could blame Green if he went after these men for some personal justice?

Just for good measure I went on to read about Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani, a 43 year old Iranian mother of two who stands accused of having an ‘illicit relationship' with two men. For this crime, she was publically lashed 99 times in full view of her son, and then, during the trial of the man who stands accused of killing her husband, she was also accused of adultery and sentenced to death by stoning.

The sentence caused an outcry in Western countries, and has been temporarily halted, however Ashtiani remains in prison awaiting her destiny and pleading to see her children.

Then, last week, in some altruistic and perverted claim to fame, the Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Luca da Silva, offered to provide refuge to the woman. During a campaign rally for his party he appealed to Iran's president to allow Brazil to grant political asylum to this woman.

As much as I can see that this could save Ashtiani's life, politically the plea is simply opportunistic. The world's aim should be to convince, or even force Iran to abolish the unjust and discriminatory laws against women once and for all and not concentrate solely on this one who has hit the headlines. In his ‘plea', da Silva added "If she's causing problems there, we will welcome here!"

I don't know about you but this sent me reaching straight for the sick bag!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

San Diego (La Mesa) karate teacher arrest

This was in the San Diego news last Friday:
    http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/3968

take care,
    Brian

Muay Thai Murder

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38724287...s-asiapacific/

Thai slaying: Briton, American both drawn to kickboxing
    Both foreigners trained in Muay Thai; bar fight led to death

BANGKOK — Lee Aldhouse of Britain and American Dashawn Longfellow both had a passion for Muay Thai, the Thai martial art of kickboxing. But it was in a bar, not a fighting ring, where their lives intersected — with a deadly result.

The fateful encounter between foreigners on the Thai southern resort island of Phuket left Longfellow dead andAldhouse, who authorities say killed him, apparently on the run.

Both men came to Thailand to learn Muay Thai and both drifted away from training. Friends and associates say they got drawn into the culture of drinking and bars that is inherent in the tourist-filled island of Phuket.

Longfellow, the 23-year-old former U.S. marine who Aldhouse allegedly stabbed to death early Saturday morning, is a decorated war hero who had served with distinction in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

He told friends he was spending time in Phuket to rehabilitate from a shrapnel injury to his arm received in Afghanistan.

Aldhouse, 28, is from England and arrived in Phuket in 2006 to train at Rawai Muay Thai. He had a number of Muay Thai fights for the gym but was eventually asked to leave after allegedly assaulting his English girlfriend, according to the owner of the Rawai Muay Thai facility.

Story: Thai cops hunt 'invincible' kickboxer over U.S. Marine's murder
    Longfellow arrived in Phuket earlier this year with the intention of spending a year training at Rawai Muay Thai. Just like Aldhouse he was asked to leave the gym although the circumstances were entirely amicable.

Diana Campillo, the owner of Rawai Muay Thai, remembers Longfellow specifically.

"Dashawn was actually here on a year visa. I remember writing the application letter for him on the understanding that he would train for a year but he came and met this girl and wanted to be with her and drink. He was staying at the camp but he was drinking almost every night and he wouldn’t really train," Campillo said.

"Eventually we had to say to him, ‘If you are not serious about training you should stay some place else, don’t stay at the camp.’ So we asked them to leave and Dashawn went and trained somewhere else,” she said.

Aldhouse’s departure from Rawai Muay Thai four years earlier had been much more acrimonious. Danny Avison was working for the camp at the time and made a video of Aldhouse fighting a much smaller Thai opponent, which can be seen at right.

Avison said the Englishman, whose nickname was "the Pitbull," was involved in a number of violent incidents.

“He came here with an English girl in 2006. He was massive ... and said he had been working as a bouncer in Spain. In his first fight for Rawai Muay Thai he knocked the guy down and then dived on him and tried to bite his ear off you can see it on YouTube. He assaulted the girl that he came with and our trainers were very angry about it and he had to leave the gym.”

Aldhouse fought in Phuket as recently as March 2009 defeating another Thai opponent and you can see the video here.

However, Aldhouse does not appear to have trained regularly or fought for over a year and there is some mystery as to how, with no obvious source of income, he was able to continue to afford to live in Thailand.

Aldhouse's first encounter with Longfellow occurred at the Freedom Bar, where the Marine's former girlfriend worked.

Longfellow told friends that he had seen enough violence in Iraq and Afghanistan and supposedly attempted to diffuse the situation when Aldhouse challenged him shouting, ‘You may be big but I am crazy,' witnesses said. Aldhouse allegedly punched Longfellow in the face in order to provoke him and a scuffle broke out which was quickly broken up.

While Longfellow and his girlfriend drove to their nearby home to tend to his wounds, Aldhouse went to a convenience story and stole a knife. According to media report, Aldhouse confronted Longfellow again outside his apartment and the Purple Heart recipient was fatally stabbed. His girlfriend tried to resuscitate him but he was dead before the ambulance arrived.

If you watch the attached video in the article you can see a fight tape of the Brit in one of his MT matches.

Crazy that they were both kicked out of the same fight camp and then meet at a bar with these results

Quote Originally Posted by brianlkennedy View Post
    This was in the San Diego news last Friday:
    http://www.eastcountymagazine.org/node/3968

take care,
    Brian
    Wow...this school is just a few miles from my house.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Sumo Scandals

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-11132358

Quote Originally Posted by BBC ONLINE, August 30 2010

Japan sumo body seeks to sever links with criminals

A new effort is under way in Japan to end links between organised crime and the ancient sport of sumo wrestling.

The Japan Sumo Association (JSA) has said known members of criminal gangs will be excluded from all sumo events.

Surveillance cameras will be installed at Tokyo's largest sumo venue to improve security, the JSA says.

The sport's reputation has been badly hit by a series of scandals this year, including an illegal gambling scheme with links to the criminal underworld.

Last month the JSA dismissed a top wrestler and coach over the gambling scandal and Japanese public broadcaster NHK said it would not show the next sumo tournament live.

The JSA chairman also agreed to step aside temporarily in favour of a sumo outsider.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

do you have to be registered with some sort of combat organization in order to have your hands be deemed a weapon like for boxers???

if mike tyson punches you out, thats assault with a deadly weapon... but if i study cma for 30 years in my backyard with my sifu neighbor, does that count as being a deadly weapon??? or do i need to be registered in some sort of combat oprganization for competition or demonstrations??? or what??? how does that work?? is it different state to state? or is this a federal thang? federal right? cause its a felony??? what about canada???

I didn't know where to put this story...

...it's simply great however, on so many levels. It would make a great movie.

Indonesian Lesbian Breaks Underage Lover Out of Sexual Orientation Classes
    Jakarta Globe | September 28, 2010

Jakarta. East Jakarta Police are investigating a case where a martial arts expert was able to break her underage lesbian lover out of protective custody where she was being “cured” of her attraction to women.

The story centers around Tn, 15, who began martial arts lessons with her taekwondo teacher, Sj, 26, two years ago.

Tn’s father, Mb, was quoted by Kompass.com as saying on Tuesday that nobody became suspicious when the pair became friends until Tn left home for a month to live with Sj.

When she returned home in July, her parents asked the National Commission for Child Protection (Komnas Anak) for help to “cure” their daughter’s sexual orientation and agreed to place her in the commission’s care.

Tn was placed in protective custody to undergo sexual orientation therapy but Sj was able to find out where Tn was hidden and managed to remove the girl from the shelter on Sept. 17, the first day of Idul Fitri religious celebrations.

Komnas Anak chairman Arist Merdeka Sirait confirmed details of the escape, blaming the shelter’s security officers.

“The security officers were negligent because they did not know that somebody was taking a child away,” he told Kompas.com.

Arist said Tn had admitted that she had fallen in love with Sj and had “sexual intercourse.”

He urged police to find and arrest Sj because she had abducted a child.

Though police are investigating, it remains to be seen whether Sj can be charged with any offense.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

wow...

state sponsored sexual orientation rehabilitation... nice...

thats real love tho, to go to those extremes for the well being of the one you care for...

i guess that is kidknapping tho...

if that happened here and sj was a 26 yr old man and tn was a 15 yr old girl... we'd wanna string sj up, although its not stat rape in canada unless the underager is under 14 or the adult is in some position if influence or authority... they'd end up on the sex offenders registry and all of that...

my stepmothers daughter was 14 with a 25 year old and when she called the cops they said she had to be under 14... i ended up dealing with it my way... but because of the refusal of legal help, we were forced to take actions that could have been alot uglier than they were...
    Last edited by Syn7; 09-28-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    do you have to be registered with some sort of combat organization in order to have your hands be deemed a weapon like for boxers???

if mike tyson punches you out, thats assault with a deadly weapon... but if i study cma for 30 years in my backyard with my sifu neighbor, does that count as being a deadly weapon??? or do i need to be registered in some sort of combat oprganization for competition or demonstrations??? or what??? how does that work?? is it different state to state? or is this a federal thang? federal right? cause its a felony??? what about canada???
    Umm, pretty sure this is a urban legend, I know pro boxers and pro MT fighters here in California nobody has their hands registered as a "deadly weapon....."
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

ttt

A two-decade old case.
    Friday, October 15, 2010, 07:00
    Jailed: The Gloucestershire kung fu paedophile who preyed on a little boy

PAEDOPHILE John Egan faces a lengthy prison sentence after being convicted of sexually abusing a boy.

The 64-year-old, who had pretended to give the youngster kung fu lessons while he carried out the abuse, was convicted by a jury yesterday.

Egan, of Cobham Road, Cheltenham, had denied two charges of rape and four of indecent assault on the six-year-old boy between 1987 and 1990.

He previously served a year in prison after being convicted of separate sex crimes against two brothers, although that conviction was later quashed on appeal.
    Click here for more

Irishman Egan, known as "Sean", was released on bail to enable him to arrange care for his disabled wife before he is sentenced to prison next month.

Judge Jamie Tabor QC asked for reports on Egan and ordered him to attend Cheltenham police station three times a week until his sentence.

He must also sign the sex offenders' register.

The judge said: "You know the type of sentence you will inevitably receive."

Nick O'Brien, defending, said: "Inevitably the sentence will be custody. He has a number of ailments, high blood pressure and the like."

During the trial, the jury heard the young victim – now a father – was a friend of a boy Egan was caring for in Cheltenham in the late 1980s.

The man said he went to visit his friend several times and was given kung fu lessons by Egan, who told him to strip naked and molested him in the bathroom.

The victim kept his sexual ordeal to himself until 2001, when he told his wife some details about it.

However, last year he told his wife the full story and the police were called, prompting the charges.

The man said he had first realised when he was 13 or 14 years old that what Egan had done to him was wrong, but he thought it would be pointless complaining because it was too late for anything to be done.

After an incident at work when a colleague made a sexual advance, the abuse came back to him and he told his wife, he said.

He told the court: "That incident made me feel terrible. It brought everything back. I was very, very upset.

"I spoke to my wife again about it last year and this time I told her everything – much more detail.

"We decided then to contact the police."

Egan was arrested, but denied ever giving kung fu lessons or making the boy strip. He said he could not even recall the boy and did not believe he had ever allowed him into the house.

The jury also heard evidence from the two brothers who alleged they were abused in a similar fashion by Egan in Cheltenham 15 years earlier.

The jury was told he had been convicted and jailed, but then freed after the Court of Appeal ruled the trial judge had misdirected the jury. Egan will be sentenced on November 9.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips