Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Hybrid View

This is a problem worldwide that has no easy fix. We can screen all we want, but first time offenders will slip by, so thats not a solution. I agree education and awareness are key attributes all people need, let alone children.
    As for killing/castration etc. Tough call. The overwhelming majority of sex offenders had it done to them as children. Technially it is an illness then. Do we want to start killing people with mental issues? Probably not. But this BS of slapping them on the wrist with 3-5 years is insane when we have people doing 20-life for a bag of pot!
    Our priorities in this country are very mixed when it comes to the judicial system. It does seem to be happening more regularily, but it has always happened (let us CMA-ists not forget the Bracy issue's back in the day!). I think there is more media attention, plus we are seeing a surge of "false" claims by girls/parents wanting revenge on certain individuals! Read something the other week that said something like 80% of the reported rape's are bogus! Now I understand that is not just children, but there have been lots of cases similar to this as well.
    So what is the solution? I think we really need to look at the problem, and what I am about to write has not been brought up......

We are overpopulated on earth. Period. Too many people. Not enough space/resources. This causes angst, mental hysteria, breakdown of society and it's morals! Same thing happens in the animal kingdom, hence why the checks and balances are crucial.
    I used to work for one of the worlds premier Herpetologists, and he told me of a story back in the 50's where at the Philidelphia Zoo they did an experiment where they put 2 mice in a cube (I want to say it was 9 ft cubed but don't hold me to it), and just let them be. Of course they bred like it was going out of style (thats what mice do) and within no time they had a butt load of mice in the cube. For a period they all got along fine. But once the population reached a certain density the scientists observed that the mice started to actually just kill other mice because of the competition for food, sex, etc. How is this different than earth?
    It is time as "superior beings" that humans take a long, cold, hard look at the realities of the situation. We cannot continue to breed like nobody's business! It is crazy up here in Seattle where there is lots of money, women have 3-4 children running all over the place. People are not disciplining there kids. They are not raising them properly, and we are progressivley becoming a more selfish, arrogant society that has no checks on procreation.
    I may be over simplifying things, but I stand firm in my opinion that we need to start checking ourselves when it comes to population. Not only because of the sex offender issues, but alos think of water, food, and health care!

My 2 cents,
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

ban guns and bring back the kwan daos...

Then we could seperate the wheat from the chafe
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Your a Nazi Charlie Brown, er Jake.

The families around me have several kids each, are devoted to raising good kids and the kids are great little people. Maybe you just live around sh!tty people.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!