Page 39 of 75 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Not really a martial artist

The suspect's name is Ninja. What would you expect?

Police Identify Suspect from Weekend Murder
    Savannah-Chatham Metro Police

Savannah-Chatham Metro Police are looking for Ninja Hasssan Wheeler.
    By Tuquyen Mach | Reporter

SAVANNAH, Ga.—Police said they are searching for a 25 year-old man in connection with a weekend murder.

Savannah-Chatham Metro Police are looking for Ninja Hasssan Wheeler. He’s accused of killing Stephen Leonard Green, 44. Green was found dead Saturday in the 1000 Block of Stokes Street in a rental property he owns.

Police said Wheeler is a black male with a close haircut, 5’6” tall and weighing about 165 lbs.

A warrant has been issued for Wheeler’s arrest. Authorities said he is considered armed and dangerous.

Anyone with information on Wheeler’s whereabouts is asked to call detectives at (912) 651-6728 or call Crime Stoppers at (912) 234-2020. Tipsters can also text CRIMES (274637) and in the body type “CStop2020” plus the tip.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

So much for the other side of the story

guilty as charged
    Page last updated at 13:57 GMT, Friday, 13 November 2009
    Kung fu teacher assaulted girls

A kung fu teacher has been convicted of sexually assaulting two young girls in self-defence classes in Liverpool.

Peter Channell, 60, partly undressed the girls, aged nine and 11, kissed their necks and forced them to touch him, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

That would happen "for real" when an attacker struck, he told the girls.

Channell, of Handfield Road, Waterloo, Merseyside, had denied four counts of sexual assault, but was found guilty. He is due to be sentenced next month.

Channell was released on bail, but will have to sign the sex offenders register immediately.

'Disturbing insight'

The court heard Channell asked the girls if they wanted to be naked while learning a technique which involved them being blindfolded.

He claimed he was highlighting men's "weak points", which included the eyes, nose and throat.

David Owen, prosecuting, said Channell taught the martial art under the "pretence" of helping girls fight off attackers.

Channell provided the court with hand-written descriptions of the martial arts moves he claimed he was teaching the girls.

Mr Owen said: "The pages show the detail and degree of deceit in his perverted sexual desires.

"Looking at it more closely, it gives a disturbing insight to his approach."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I can't really wrap my head around this

The dude knows wushu but was beaten up by ****y bloggers?
    Nov. 11 2009 - 10:52 am
    The U.S. and the persecution of Azerbaijan’s bloggers

Two Azerbaijani political activists and bloggers were sentenced today to prison terms of two and two and a half years, respectively, in obviously trumped up charges of assault. The alleged victim of the beating by these ****y bloggers testified in court that he knew the martial art Wushu and admitted that in his official statement on the incident: “I wrote what policeman told me to write.”

Azerbaijan has a pretty atrocious record on human rights, and I experienced firsthand their thuggish and hamhanded treatment of anyone who opposes them. The more likely cause of the bloggers’ arrest? According to the New York Times, it was:

a video in which a donkey holds a news conference before a circle of gravely nodding journalists. Dressed in a voluminous gray costume, Adnan Hajizada rhapsodizes over the lush life awaiting donkeys in Azerbaijan. To his audience — cosmopolitan young Azeris following his commentaries on blogs and Facebook — the video was a sly send-up of the government, which had been accused in the local news media of paying exorbitant prices to import donkeys.

The U.S. has protested the arrest of the two men, Adnan Hajizada, 26, and Emin Milli, 30. In an August visit to Azerbaijan, one of the top U.S. diplomats in the region, Matthew Bryza (who is rumored to be the next ambassador to Azerbaijan), said “it is essential that these cases [of the jailed bloggers] be resolved according to due process” and that the state respects the fundamental rights of Azerbaijanis and “the advance of media freedom.” A US embassy spokeswoman “expressed concern about the verdicts and said the State Department would issue a formal statement later in the day.“

But countries like Azerbaijan know that statements like that are part of the game that diplomats play. Actions speak louder than words, and inaction can speak just as loud.

In October 2003, Azerbaijan had a presidential election. Human Rights Watch described “an election campaign that from the beginning was heavily manipulated by the government to favor Prime Minister Ilham Aliev, son of President Heidar Aliev. The government ensured that election commissions would be stacked to favor Aliev, and banned nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) from monitoring the vote. As the election drew nearer, government officials openly sided with Ilham Aliev, obstructed opposition rallies, and sought to limit participation in them. Police have beaten and arbitrarily detained hundreds of opposition activists, including a seventy-three-year-old woman.”

Did this bother the U.S.? Not especially. According to Mark MacKinnon, a reporter for the Globe and Mail, in his book The New Cold War:

In a message to the Azeri government ahead of the elections, President Bush noted President Ilham Aliyev’s “commitment to a free and fair election” and concluded “I look forward to working with you after these elections.”

The opposition, since then, has more or less given up and in the next presidential elections, in 2008, all of the major opposition parties boycotted. This was deemed “progress” and “an improvement” by the State Department.

By contrast, in neighboring Georgia, less than a month after Azerbaijan’s 2003 elections, the U.S. got heavily involved in supporting the opposition, led by Mikhail Saakashvili, that eventually prevailed in the Rose Revolution. What was the difference? You get one guess.

Yes, you’re right: Azerbaijan has since the collapse of the Soviet Union been a fairly reliable ally of the U.S., while Georgia’s president at the time, Edvard Shevardnadze, was showing signs of being wobbly against the Russians, and Saakashvili is pretty much unrivaled among world leaders in his devotion to Washington.

According to Freedom House, since 2003 Azerbaijan has backslid on human rights, from “partly free” to “not free.” Yet Bryza says they are making progress: “Ilham Aliyev, we believe, is working to modernize the political system of Azerbaijan, to create democracy in the context of Azerbaijan’s culture and traditions — which the president said is necessary, because democracy looks different in every country. That said, they haven’t gone far enough. And we will continue to press President Aliyev — and his opposition as well — to behave constructively, to build and strengthen democratic institutions as we pursue our full range of interests.”

According to another activist who was in court for today’s proceedings, after he was sentenced Hajizada “questioned how alleged witnesses will look into the eyes of their families- we will be done with our sentences but I wonder how they are going to live a life built on lies.” People who claim the Azerbaijan government is improving might think about that, too.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    them bloggers can be some heavy handed men...
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Why are all these ninjas following me now?

And I just posted this too.

Man believed he was a ninja-impaled by fence spike
    On 11/16/09, at approximately 11:15 p.m., an officer was doing an area check for a victim of an assault in the 600 block of 7 Av when she came across a male screaming for help, as he was impaled on the top of a metal fence.

Seattle Fire Department (SFD) was called immediately and officers supported the male to prevent further injury due to the subject becoming weaker. When SFD arrived they removed the male from the spike and transported him to Harborview Medical Center (HMC) for treatment.

Believing that this male might have been involved in the assault officers were doing an area check for, the officers contacted the male at HMC. The male claimed he was not being chased, but rather he thought he was a ninja and would be able to successfully leap over the 4’-5’ fence.

Clearly he was overconfident in his abilities, no doubt bolstered by alcohol.

POLICE: Drunk 'ninja' impaled on First Hill fence post
    A drunk man believing himself to be a ninja drew the help of Seattle police and aid crews late Monday after impaling himself on a First Hill fence post, a police spokesperson said.

The man's ninja skills, it seems, were bested by the 4- to 5-foot-tall fence he attempted to vault, according to the police statement. He ended up stuck on a spike atop the fence in the 600 block of Seventh Avenue.

After an officer in the area heard the man's screams at located him at about 11:15 p.m., personnel with the Seattle Fire Department were able to free the man. They took him to Harborview Medical Center, where officers attempted to ascertain exactly what the would-be silent assassin was up to.

"The male claimed he was not being chased, but rather he thought he was a ninja and would be able to successfully leap over the 4'-5' fence," the police spokesman said in a statement. "Clearly he was overconfident in his abilities, no doubt bolstered by alcohol."
    November 17, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    Police: Would-be ninja impaled by metal fence
    Posted by John de Leon

Seattle police say a man who believed he was a ninja was impaled by a spike when he tried to jump over a metal fence.

At 11:15 last night, a police officer was looking for the victim of a reported assault in the 600 block of Seventh Avenue when she encountered the man impaled on a metal fence and screaming for help. Seattle Fire Department medics were called and removed the man from a fence spike and transported him to nearby Harborview Medical Center.

Officers, believing the man might have been involved in the assault, spoke with him at the hospital. The man said he was not involved. Instead, he said he thought he was a ninja and would be able to leap over the 4- to 5-foot fence.

As a police account of the incident notes, "Clearly he was overconfident in his abilities."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

MMA murderer?

Google lists 274 stories on this at the time of this posting. It's morbid - a pregnant reality TV show hooker victim - the press eats that sort of stuff up.
    Man wanted in fatal Oklahoma City shooting of 'Cathouse' star, three others surrenders
    By Matt Dinger
    Published: November 17, 2009

A man wanted in connection with the shooting deaths of four people whose bodies were found Nov. 9 in a burning house in southwest Oklahoma City surrendered Tuesday morning in Pryor and was brought back to Oklahoma City on

David Allen Tyner, 28, of Locust Grove, surrendered about 8:30 a.m. on a warrant on six murder complaints to officials with the Mayes County Sheriff's Office. The death toll is six because two of the victims were pregnant.

Tyner arrived in Oklahoma City to be interviewed by homicide detectives about 3:45 p.m. Police said Tyner knew at least one of the victims. Detectives do not think he acted alone.

Tyner was a two-time state champion wrestler who graduated from Locust Grove High School in 2000 and was a state runner-up his senior year, said Johnny Cook, Tyner's wrestling coach at Locust Grove.

After high school, Tyner wrestled at the University of Tennessee-Chatanooga and later joined the U.S. Marine Corps, Cook said.

After a stint in the military, Tyner became a cage fighter and compiled a 6-1 record in mixed martial arts, a form of competitive fighting that includes boxing, martial arts and wrestling. Tyner fought bouts in Oklahoma and Kansas City in 2006 and 2007.

Jason Nicholson, a former fight promoter who described Tyner as "like a brother," said Tyner was planning to fight in Kansas City next month.

"Knowing what he's charged with shocks me the most," Nicholson said.

Tyner is known in Mayes County as a clean-cut boy who has never been in trouble, the sheriff said.

"We searched and cannot find where he was ever in trouble with the law," Sheriff Frank Cantey said. "I've talked to 10 people this morning and everybody is surprised. He was a pretty good guy."

Jamie Flud, a Mayes County dispatcher and former Locust Grove classmate, said Tyner excelled in wrestling and wasn't a problem student.

Only two of the four victims have officially been identified. The state medical examiner is using dental records to identify the remaining two victims, spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard said Tuesday. The arrest affidavit indicates all four victims were shot before someone set fire to the house.

One of the two victims identified last week was 22-year-old Brooke Phillips, one of the stars of HBO's "Cathouse" series, a reality show about life at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, a brothel near Carson City, Nev. Phillips was a licensed prostitute who was taking time off in Oklahoma because of her pregnancy.

Services for the second identified victim, Milagros Barrera, who went by the name "Millie," are scheduled for 11 a.m. Friday at the Chisholm Heights Baptist Church in Mustang.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Red River

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Google lists 274 stories on this at the time of this posting. It's morbid - a pregnant reality TV show hooker victim - the press eats that sort of stuff up.
    and...
    David Allen Tyner, 28, of Locust Grove, surrendered about 8:30 a.m. on a warrant on six murder complaints to officials with the Mayes County Sheriff's Office. The death toll is six because two of the victims were pregnant.

Tyner arrived in Oklahoma City to be interviewed by homicide detectives about 3:45 p.m. Police said Tyner knew at least one of the victims. Detectives do not think he acted alone.

Tyner was a two-time state champion wrestler who graduated from Locust Grove High School in 2000 and was a state runner-up his senior year, said Johnny Cook, Tyner's wrestling coach at Locust Grove.

Just goes to show you can't trust anybody that grew up the other side of the Red River....
    .... Skip

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

stupid ninja...

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

The wake of the Channell case

Those poor girls - getting molested during a so-called anti-rape class has got to really mess with your head.
    Crosby parents' nightmare over child molester
    Nov 19 2009 by Mark Johnson, Crosby Herald

THE parents of two young girls that were molested by a 60-year-old Kung Fu instructor have told the Crosby Herald of their nightmare.

The mum and dad who were duped into believing that Peter Channell was trustworthy said they had been “naive to trust him”.

Channell, of Handfield Road, Waterloo, spent up to six hours alone with each of the two girls as he taught them anti-rape classes during private lessons at Lee Shan Kung Fu Club, in South Road, Waterloo.

He told the girls to take part in numerous sexual moves – and asked them to partially remove their clothes.

He had forced them to touch him, kissed them both and rubbed his thumbs under one of the girls’ chests after asking, “Are you wearing a bra?”

A jury at Liverpool Crown Court heard the “techniques” Channell taught the girls were “merely a guise” for him to touch them. And Channell was found guilty last week and is set to be sentenced on December 10.

The devastated mum, said: “When I found out what had happened I was shocked and angry. I felt naive to trust him because he made us feel safe. The girls had so much respect for him and were excited to go. I felt guilty that I had let the girls down. We have gone from being too trusting and naive to the complete other way.”

The children wanted to take up martial arts after watching the film Karate Kid. Their dad knew of the gym and made enquiries into booking classes for his children.

The dad said: “The lessons on a Tuesday and Thursday looked fantastic. But he did the classes with our children on a Saturday and Sunday alone. We thought we could trust him because he had been running the classes for years. As a parent, you don’t think someone is going to start molesting your kids.”

The mum added: “The girls’ mood changed and they didn’t want to go again. And then one of the girls said ‘What about that thing we did?’

“He had told them to do it naked. She was quite upset and she started to cry in front of me.

“I said, ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ And they said he said don’t say anything to your mum and dad.”

The parents felt like outcasts during a strenuous trial, when some parents appeared to support Channell.

The dad added: “Some people were thinking that the girls had colluded. But they would never lie and make anything up like that. I started to feel like we were wrong. It was like we were guilty of something when he brought parents to help him.”

After he was convicted it emerged that a woman came forward the night before Channell was due to give evidence and broke her silence.

She explained that she also had been a victim of sexual assault in 1977 and made the complaint 14 years ago.

She wanted to remind police of the claim after reading about the case in the paper.

The woman said nothing at the time about the assaults she claimed happened when she was just 11 years old.

She told police in 1995, and Channell, then in his mid-40s, was arrested but the matter was dropped.

But the matter was not considered in front of the jury and Channell was convicted solely of the offences committed against the girls.

The girls went through a difficult ordeal when they had to give a statement to the police on DVD and then in court on TV monitors.

The experience was made less intimidating in court by the judge and two barristers removing their wigs.

They are now doing well in their education, lead normal lives and do not talk about the matter.

The dad added: “The entire matter was devastating for me. It was horrible and it makes me angry. I feel more for the children.

“I thought he saw an opportunity with the girls because they are well mannered and polite. Who knows what he could have carried on doing? People seem not to realise that this man is going to be sentenced for molesting kids. Parents are taking a chance with him. These people don’t know what he’s actually like. I don’t know what he is capable of.

“My advice to victims of sexual assault is come forward and tell the police. We did it so that he would not do anything like this to anyone else.”

DESPITE the verdict Peter Channell believes that he is an innocent man.

And he continues to have the support from many parents and junior students at the Lee Shan Kung Fu Club, where he has taught for over three decades.

A statement from his family sent to the Crosby Herald last night reads: “Professor Peter Channell strenuously denied the allegations against him.

“He continues to receive an incredible amount of support from students and parents of junior students at the Lee Shan Kung Fu Club.

“He also has an incredible amount of support from his family and friends, who are all flabbergasted and devastated by the jury’s decision.”

The family added: “The jury have a responsibility (burden of proof) to find a defendant guilty only if they are sure ‘beyond reasonable doubt’.

“Despite a considerable number of discrepancies in the account by the plaintiff, a verdict of guilty was brought against Peter Channell, who has no prior convictions.

“Peter’s legal teamwere also disappointed by the jury’s decision and are currently considering avenues of appeal.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Don't know this fighter. Anyone follow this league?
    I'm not sure if it's the same one, but is the World Fighting League that same one that Chuck Norris was involved with in some fashion? If it is, it's not MMA in the same manner as UFC, WEC, Pride, etc. The one I'm thinking of was all stand-up, and most of the fighters' backgrounds were Muay Thai, Boxing, and/or karate point fighting. The format was essentially continuous fighting, and fighters were penalized if they didn't maintain a breakneck pace the entire round(s). I remember it was team fighting, like the Las Vegas team, L.A. team, New York team, etc. It also had a weird, uneven fighting surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip J. View Post
    Just goes to show you can't trust anybody that grew up the other side of the Red River....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Well maybe

Maybe you can trust the girls.... then again, maybe not....
    .... Skip

How about that Leung Ting getting some jail time?

HONG KONG - Kung Fu master Leung Ting, the last student of martial arts sifu Ip Man, has been sentenced to two months' jail for assaulting his girlfriend.

Leung, the 62-year-old junior apprentice of international kungfu star Bruce Lee, is the founder of the International WingTsun Association.

He was charged with attacking his girlfriend, who was then three months' pregnant, by dragging her on the ground, pulling her hair and kicking her stomach at his home in Hong Kong on March 30.

The couple had entered a heated argument after the girlfriend, 45, was believed to have offended Leung's ex-wife.

Hong Kong's Sing Tao Daily reported that the court had found Leung guilty and sentenced him to two months' jail on Thursday.

After the judgement was read out, Leung raised his hands and shouted ?objection?. He even blurted out the word "bull****" at the judge.

He was released on HK$5,000 (S$903) bail with HK$50,000 (S$9,030) sureties pending his appeal against the judgement.

He has a criminal record for fighting in public areas and was fined HK$500 (S$93) some 18 years ago.

Leung had started practising WingTsun at the age of 13 but was trained by Ip Man when he turned 18.

He started teaching martial arts in foreign countries in the 1980s.

Today, Leung has established his martial arts centres in more than 60 countries with thousands of students worldwide.
    Seems he's a little out of hand to start with.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I posted about Leung Ting on that other thread

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=53966

Here's another MMA fighter busted
    MMA fighter arrested

Lagmay
    Police use Taser to subdue Lagmay
    By The Garden Island
    Published: Monday, November 23, 2009 3:10 AM HST
    LIHU‘E – A local mixed martial arts fighter was arrested early Friday morning on multiple charges and is being held in Police Cellblock in lieu of $147,000 bail, a county news release said Sunday evening.

LeBeau Lagmay, 26, of Kapa‘a was arrested and charged with 14 counts of first degree terroristic threatening against Kaua‘i Police officers, resisting an order to stop a motor vehicle, resisting arrest, operating a vehicle under the influence of an intoxicant, and open container.

Police officers saw Lagmay “burning rubber” as he was exiting the Lihu’e 7-Eleven store at around 3:30 a.m., the release says. The officers attempted to stop Lagmay, but he continued heading northbound leading police on a pursuit.

After entering the Wilcox Memorial Hospital parking lot, Lagmay finally stopped. Police then ordered Lagmay to get out of his vehicle.

After Lagmay exited his vehicle, the officers attempted to arrest him using repeated verbal commands, but Lagmay allegedly resisted and threatened the officers.

Ultimately, the officers used a Taser to subdue Lagmay and then arrested him, the release says.
    http://www.kauaiworld.com/articles/2...1769424723.txt

Kauai police use Taser on mixed martial arts fighter

By Star-Bulletin staff

POSTED: 05:51 p.m. HST, Nov 22, 2009
    (Single Page View) | Return to Paginated View

Kauai police used a Taser to subdue a mixed martial arts fighter and arrested him for drunk driving and threatening officers Friday morning in Lihue, a county news release said.

LeBeau Lagmay, 26, of Kapaa, was charged today with 14 counts of terroristic threatening, resisting an order to stop a motor vehicle, drunk driving and driving with an open container. He was being held on $147,000 bail.

Officers tried to stop Lagmay after seeing him "burning rubber" coming out of a Lihue 7-Eleven about 3:30 a.m., police said.

Officers pursued Lagmay's vehicle and stopped him at the Wilcox Hospital parking lot, police said. Lagmay allegedly resisted arrest and threatened the officers, who tasered him, the news release said.

Kauai police used a Taser to subdue a mixed martial arts fighter and arrested him for drunk driving and threatening officers Friday morning in Lihue, a county news release said.

LeBeau Lagmay, 26, of Kapaa, was charged today with 14 counts of terroristic threatening, resisting an order to stop a motor vehicle, drunk driving and driving with an open container. He was being held on $147,000 bail.

Officers tried to stop Lagmay after seeing him "burning rubber" coming out of a Lihue 7-Eleven about 3:30 a.m., police said.

Officers pursued Lagmay's vehicle and stopped him at the Wilcox Hospital parking lot, police said. Lagmay allegedly resisted arrest and threatened the officers, who tasered him, the news release said.
    http://www.starbulletin.com/news/breaking/71192827.html

A mixed martial arts fighter has been arrested and charged with 14 counts of first-degree terroristic threatening, resisting arrest and driving under the influence of an intoxicant, Kaua'i police said yesterday.
    Advertisement
    Quantcast

LeBeau Lagmay, 26, of Kapa'a, was arrested after police saw him "burning rubber" around 3:30 a.m. Friday while leaving a 7-Eleven store in Líhu'e, police said.

Officers attempted to stop Lagmay, but he continued heading north, leading officers in a pursuit, police said. After entering the Wilcox Community Hospital parking lot, Lagmay finally stopped, police said.

Officers then ordered him out of his vehicle, but officers said he resisted arrest and threatened them. Officers at the scene used a Taser to subdue Lagmay before they were able to arrest him.

Lagmay was being held in in lieu of $147,000 bail, officials said yesterday.
    http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...+vehicle+chase

What happened to the 4 ussd instructors?

What happened to the 4 busted ussd instructors ?

Did they ussd instructors get jail time?