Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

another

martial child molesters...
    Jury told of sexual touching during martial arts classes
    Last Updated: Tuesday, December 1, 2009 | 10:33 AM MT

Two former students of a martial arts teacher on trial for 17 sex-related charges have told an Edmonton jury that the man touched them inappropriately during classes.

Thomas Innerebner, 52, has pleaded not guilty to eight counts of touching children under 14 for a sexual purpose and nine counts of sexual assault. The allegations involve nine females over a nine-year period.

His trial started Monday in Court of Queen's Bench in Edmonton.

The two former students, now adults, told the court they came forward when they learned through media reports that Innerebner had been charged with sexually assaulting other students.

One of the witnesses — a 25-year-old woman — told the court she studied taekwondo with Innerebner four years ago.

She testified the man touched her breasts and buttocks while she was stretching. The incidents only lasted seconds, but she quit after a few classes.

"I was big enough to leave," she said. "I knew something wasn't right."

The second young woman is now 24, but was in junior high school when she took lessons from Innerebner. She told the court he repeatedly touched her private parts during sessions, but said she never told her family, because Innerebner had become her father's friend.

She only went to the authorities after she heard Innerebner had been charged with sexually assaulting other students.

"Unfortunately, I realized at that point when I thought I was alone, I wasn't, and it was finally time to tell somebody," she told the jury.

There is a publication ban on the identity of both witnesses.

In an opening statement to the jury Monday, Innerebner's lawyer, Brian Beresh, said taekwondo involves physical contact, and suggested his client's contact during class might have been misinterpreted.

He also told the jury that all of Innerebner's classes took place in large, unlocked, bright rooms where parents were always invited to attend.

The jury was told that Innerebner was shocked by the allegations and will take the stand in his own defence.

The trial will continue Tuesday and is expected to last two weeks.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Instructor 1

http://www.ocregister.com/news/haris...nse-child.html

Instructor 4

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...1-guvoyeur.txt

The second one I have no idea what happened with him and the 3rd one was the Lakewood rapist.

This is just odd

Hard to validate, but an amusing story for sure....

Husband Beat 3 Times a Week by Kung Fu Wife

Marriage is a difficult union oftentimes marked by verbal fights and make-up sex. For a Chinese photographer known as Mr. Zhang, however, marriage has instead been a chance for him to practice being a punching bag for his Kung-Fu wife.

Things weren’t always like this for Zhang. In fact, his parents say that he and his wife are a perfect fit. Plus, Zhang himself admits to being attracted to his wife’s “strong and independent temperament.”

It all started one day due to an argument, after which Zhang’s enraged fiance went off on him with a lifetime’s worth of training in Kung Fu. “Before we got married, she had a wild hairstyle and I teased that it made her look like a tigress. During the argument that followed, I said some bad words and I got a taste of her kung fu for the first time,” said Zhang.

Since then, Zhang has been a constant target for his wife’s internal rage, suffering approximately three beat-downs per week.

He tries hard to avoid arguing, but Zhang — like every other man in the known Universe — is just unable to keep his trap shut and let his wife take the victory. Instead, he pushes forward with his opinion, but only to be subsequently thrashed around like a sock puppet.

His wife lamented, “I don’t want to beat him, but arguments are inevitable and I can’t help myself.”

Finally fed up with being knocked around by his wife, Zhang wrote up a contract that will force his wife to go away for three days to her parents’ home everytime that she lays an inappropriate finger on him. Zhang noted, “She is very obedient to her parents, and her parents will support me and blame her.

Will the contract work? Apparently, it doesn’t matter because Zhang says, “Despite all the beatings, I still love her.” In the immortal words of Tina Turner, what’s love got to do with it?
    I used to work on Folsom st. in S.F. There, husbands would pay good money for a beat down, but not by their wives. Note that I was making swords there, not issuing beat downs, at least not like you were thinking. OK, I better just shut up now...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ok, I can't shut up...

...but this is a different topic entirely... back OT, more on Innerebner.

Martial arts instructor denies sexually touching students
    Last Updated: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 | 10:25 AM MT

An Edmonton taekwondo instructor on trial for sexual assault testified Tuesday that he never took a sexual interest nor inappropriately touched any of his students.

Thomas Innerebner, 52, was asked the same questions about each of the nine female complainants in the case by his lawyer, Brian Beresh

"Did you ever have any physical or sexual attraction to her?" Beresh asked each time.

"No," Innerebner replied.

"Did you ever for any sexual purpose touch her or sexually assault her?"

Each time, Innerebner would turn towards the jury each time and reply, "Absolutely not."

Innerebner is charged with eight counts of touching children under 14 for a sexual purpose and nine counts of sexual assault. Innerebner has pleaded not guilty to all charges. The allegations involve nine females over a nine-year period.

In court last week, one of his former students, who was an adult when she studied with him, testified that she quit her lessons with Innerebner because he touched her breasts and buttocks while she was stretching.

None of his students showed a reluctance to be near him, Innerebner testified, and many sent him cards and gifts of appreciation.

When he learned he would be charged with sexual assault in 2007, he testified he was in "complete shock".

Innerebner told the jury that when he was questioned by police, he agreed to take a polygraph test. When they decided not to do the test, Innerebner still wanted to do it, adding he would still take one today.

Cross-examination started on Tuesday and will continue Wednesday.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Channell sentenced

See posts 566, 570, 573 & 580.

Page last updated at 15:03 GMT, Thursday, 10 December 2009
    Sex abuse kung fu teacher jailed

A kung fu teacher who sexually assaulted two girls during anti-rape classes on Merseyside has been jailed for 18 months.

Peter Channell undressed his victims, aged nine and 11, kissed their necks and forced them to touch him at a kung fu club in Sefton.

The 60-year-old, of Handfield Road, told the girls that would "happen for real" when an "attacker struck".

He was found guilty of sexual assault at Liverpool Crown Court last month.

The court heard Channell told the girls' relatives he wanted the youngsters to come to the club for one-on-one tuition which would normally cost £250 but would teach them for free.

He arranged the sessions when no one would be there during the weekend of 8 March 2008.

He forced one girl to take off her bra and touched her chest, the court heard.

You set up the weekend in order to abuse these girls and you prepared the ground and covered your intentions in the guise of a legitimate kung-fu course
    Judge John Phipps

He also tried to persuade one victim to carry out moves naked.

During the nine-day trial in November he was unanimously convicted of two counts of sexual assault and two of inciting children into sexual activity.

Defending Teresa Loftus told the court he had become a "broken man" and about 180 letters were sent in his support.

In mitigation she told the court Channell was a man of previously exemplary character who had suffered hugely because of the stress his family were under.

But Judge John Phipps rejected a plea for a suspended sentence, saying: "You sexually assaulted two young girls who were entrusted into your care.

"You set up the weekend in order to abuse these girls and you prepared the ground and covered your intentions in the guise of a legitimate kung fu course.

"You prepared the ground so assiduously.

"The club was respectable and well run, providing a valuable service.

"But there is a difference between a respectable, well-run club when everyone is there and a well-run club when the only people there are you and a little girl."

Chappell has signed the sex offenders' register and was given a Sexual Offences Prevention Order banning him from teaching under 16s without a qualified instructor, and banned from one-to-one training sessions without supervision.
    Waterloo Kung Fu teacher sentenced to 18 months for sexually assaulting young girls

Dec 10 2009

A KUNG Fu teacher who was found guilty on four counts of sexually assaulting two young girls, has been sentenced to 18 months behind bars.

Peter Channell, 60, who taught at Lee Shan Kung Fu Club, South Road, Waterloo, showed no emotion as he was sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court today.

During his sentencing speech, Judge John Phipps, said: "The Kung Fu club is by all accounts a respectable, well run club providing a valuable service in Crosby. But the difference is when everyone is there in the club and nobody there except you and little girls.

"You have lost your good character and reputation."
    18 months is way too light, IMO.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I assume they took into account his age, still, I think there should be a minimum sentance for sex offenders.
    At least 5 years with another 5 probation, IF they get professional help.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

A kung fu teacher who sexually assaulted two girls during anti-rape classes on Merseyside has been jailed for 18 months.
    Well, that's ironic isn't it?

This actually makes me angry. Being a self-defense instructor, particularly to women, I feel it is my responsibility to provide a safe, secure environment for women to let their guard in order to build it up. They need a place where they can build self-confidence in their abilities to defend themselves. Yet, we have a-holes like this who make it worse for other women and make them feel even more threatened and insecure.

Judo champ a ruthless gang enforcer

A FORMER Olympic judo star from Barbados was jailed for at least nine years today for his role as an enforcer in major drug gang in Britain.

James Waithe worked as an aggressive debt-collector for the gang, which made up to £1 million ($1.7 million) a week from cocaine sales.

Waithe competed for Barbados in the 1988 Seoul Olympics and had represented England in Commonwealth competitions.

The 47-year-old was convicted last month of conspiracy to supply cocaine and possessing a firearm, and was jailed indefinitely today at Bristol Crown Court in southwest England.

Judge Simon Darwall-Smith gave him a nominal sentence of 18 years, meaning he can be considered for release after nine - but he will only be freed when experts deem he is no longer a public threat.

Prosecutors at his trial claimed Waithe once tied a man to a chair, beat him with nunchuks, put out cigarettes in his ears and put his hands into an electric toaster.

http://www.news.com.au/world/judo-ch...-1225810422020
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Way to use your training. Hope his teacher has passed on already and is thus spared the shame of it.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

Martial arts Doctor!

Naturopath who assessed health of Eddie Smith is doctor of martial arts, say feds
    By Brendan Kirby
    December 29, 2009, 4:56PM

MOBILE, Ala. -- To bolster a claim that he is too sick to be tried on murder-for-hire charges next week, outdoorsman Edmond H. "Eddie" Smith IV has offered a letter from his doctor. But prosecutors have countered that the man is no medical doctor at all and may be indirectly involved in the case.

The federal judge appointed to preside over the trial has scheduled a hearing for Monday to sort out the latest twist in the long-running Eddie Smith saga.

Jimmy Steger, pictured here from his Web site, wrote a letter about accused murder-for-hire defendant Edmond H. "Eddie" Smith's health. Proseuctors countered that Steger is a lifelong friend of Smith and not a medical doctor. Smith, who has gained notoriety for his boasts as a big game hunter as well as numerous scrapes with the law, stands accused of trying to hire a hit man to killed the judge and prosecutor involved in his trial last year on a charge of illegal possession of ammunition.

Smith's lawyer, J. Clark Stankoski, argued that his client needed more time to recover from a surgery that prompted a previous delay. In a letter included with the court filing, Jimmy Steger describes himself as a doctor who has been treating Smith since Hurricane Katrina.

"Mr. Smith recently contracted 5 bacterial infections while incarcerated," Steger wrote. "He is extremely concerned as well as me that if not treated properly and expediently."

In its response, special prosecutor David Goldberg stated that Steger is "an admitted 'lifelong' friend of the Defendant who was caught holding some of the assets the Defendant was going to use as collateral to pay for the murders with which he is charged."

Steger could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Goldberg wrote that Steger does not even appear to be a medical doctor. Goldberg cited information on Steger's Web site identifying him as a Ph.D., a doctor of martial arts and a naturopath, an alternative medicine practitioner favoring a holistic approach to treating disease.

The Web site, which features pictures of Steger in martial arts outfits, lists black belts he has earned in various martial arts disciplines. His biography states that he is president and founder of the International Fujikan Federation, the American Kung-Fu Association and the Fellowship of Christian Martial Artists.
    http://blog.al.com/live/2009/12/feds...ials_of_n.html

Anybody else get those spam emails, offering you a Phd in 'Martial Arts'. Gee, maybe next time I'll send in my 29.95 and get one...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Monson

I first posted on Monson nearly a year ago. 25 posts come up on a thread search.

Mixed-martial-arts champion charged in Capitol graffiti case
    By Jeremy Pawloski | The Olympian • Published December 30, 2009

OLYMPIA – OLYMPIA — Prosecutors have charged Olympia mixed-martial-arts champion and avowed anarchist Jeff Monson with first-degree malicious mischief based on photographs published in a December edition of ESPN The Magazine that showed him spray-painting an anarchist symbol on the state Capitol, court papers state.

A warrant for Monson’s arrest was filed today in Thurston County Superior Court. Monson, 37, is charged with first-degree malicious mischief, a Class B felony carrying a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine.

The graffiti cost $19,000 to clean up, court papers state.

Police have sought the people responsible for spray-painting graffiti on columns on the north side of the Capitol on Nov. 26. The graffiti included anarchy symbols, a peace symbol and phrases such as “no war” and “no poverty.”

According to court papers, a State Patrol and an Olympia police detective recognized Monson as the source of the graffiti on surveillance footage captured by a camera at the Capitol, but the break in the case occurred after ESPN The Magazine published an article on Monson and his political views Dec. 29.

A photograph of Monson leaving graffiti on the Capitol was included with the article, court papers state.

“In full the caption above the picture reads: ‘On a recent night in Olympia, Monson suddenly pulled out a spray can and tagged the state capitol (sic),’” court papers state. “The term ‘tagged’ seems somewhat puerile in light of the fact that the State Buildings and Grounds expended $19,013.50 (labor and materials) to eradicate the damage.”

Monson, an Olympia native and Timberline High School graduate who was on the wrestling team at Oregon State University, left a job as a mental-health counselor to pursue mixed-martial-arts fighting. In December 2004, he won the Cagewarriors Fighting Champion heavyweight title in Sheffield, England, by defeating Tengiz Tedoradze with a submission hold in the first round. On Dec. 13, 2008, he won a match against Ricco Rodriguez in the Mixed Fighting Alliance “There Will Be Blood” event in Miami. Monson’s fighting nickname is The Snowman. He is listed as the world grappling champion.

Reached by telephone today, Monson, who is out of state, took responsibility for the graffiti at the Capitol. He said that it had a point: to protest the war in Iraq and economic inequality at home and abroad.

“Every great movement in the United States, from civil rights, women’s rights, the labor movement, has been the result of people standing up and breaking the law, refusing to stand at the back of the bus, refusing to stand aside when the government asks you to get off their property,” Monson said. “And now, these people are seen as pioneers. But at the time, they were criminals — they were literally criminals. I’m not here to advocate for myself; at some point you have to stand up.”

Monson, who said he participated in protests at the Port of Olympia in November 2007 and in other protests against the Iraq War, added that he wants to make his political beliefs known.

“When a country’s committing an illegal war, you’re not supposed to stand aside,” he said.

Monson said he just got back from Nicaragua, where he saw some of the worst poverty he has ever seen. He said his international travel has opened his eyes to issues of poverty worldwide.

“We’re completely complicit,” he said. “It’s all about consumerism. We want cheap TVs, we want cheap clothes, we want cheap Nikes. We’re exploiting these people.”

Monson said he had heard only 20 minutes earlier that the State Patrol was looking for him in Olympia. He said he is going to contact State Patrol, but he’s not sure what he’s going to do.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bus slanging

This story is absurd in so many ways. Then again, a crowded bus in Hong Kong sucks.
    Bus slanging match ends in court fight for kung-fu master
    Patsy Moy
    Tuesday, January 05, 2010

An argument over a pesky kid's antics, and misplaced notions of status, prompted a kung fu grandmaster and a lawyer to engage in childish squabbling that allegedly threatened to end in violence last summer.

At Tsuen Wan Magistrates' Court yesterday, kung fu master Au Yuet-sing denied threatening to beat up lawyer Tsang Fan-wan on a crowded bus on May 28.

The argument between the two started after Tsang's daughter allegedly kicked Au for a third time.

Following the bust-up, Au was arrested and charged with criminal intimidation.

Deputy magistrate Li Chi-ho adjourned verdict until January 15.

Au, 54, is a tenth-grade black belt who founded the Chinese martial arts school Heng Yue Yen Long Kwon in 1981, the court heard.

Au said he, along with six colleagues and students, was on his way to Tung Chung around 6pm after taking part in a martial arts show in Discovery Bay.

The bus was crowded and Au found himself sandwiched near the door next to Tsang, who was carrying his daughter.

Au said he felt the girl kick him and told Tsang, who ignored him.

All hell broke loose after the girl allegedly kicked Au a third time.

According to Au, Tsang did not apologize or try to discipline his daughter. Instead, he came up with the jibe that Au did not look like a Discovery Bay resident.

When Au said he lived in Happy Valley, Tsang claimed he himself lived in Repulse Bay.

Not to be outdone, Au said he formerly lived in South Bay - where Tsang claimed he too had resided previously.

According to Au, Tsang then took off his daughter's shoe and held her foot to deliberately kick Au.

The two then began taking videos of the incident on their mobile phones.

Tsang also made a phone call, though Au did not know who he called.

Au said even after he alighted at Tung Chung, Tsang continued to follow and film him until the police arrived.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Is the Monson story still going on....give me a break. As I said then.....If they are going to pay 19K to get some paint thinner and remove a little spray paint then they need to hire me for the job.

The incident on the bus. Who knows what when on. If the little girl kicked the man on purpose he should have just looked at the father and said "Next time she does that I'm going to cave your face in." I had a similar incident in a restaurant where a 4-5 year old kid was throwing food on our table. I got up and walked over to to the parent (I guess) and ask him if he wanted his kid to see him get his ass whooped! Apparently he didn't.