Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I hate it when newspapers, as well as police use the term,"Nunchcks, and numchucks,." Do a little research. Open a freakin book, fer Chrissakes.

It's
    Chukka Sticks!
    Last edited by TenTigers; 07-15-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Or we can use the word, Nunchaku.....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Or we can use the word, Nunchaku.....
    what's that?

we should just change the name officially to :

NUMBchucks.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I agree. Numbchucks it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post

As for little miss hussy, Millie Cyrus....LOL....jk...if your fan base is the conservative right and country folk, you're gonna get lambasted if you show a little ankle.
    Uhm, no. If you`re trying to make money by taking semi-nude photos of a barely 15 yr old kid....that`s when you`re gonna get lambasted. Country music is full of **** atractive women showing alot more than ankle, and recent studies show that conservatives enjoy sex much more than liberals. Maybe that`s why we don`t feel the need to include a box full of gerbils.

one of the most successful martial arts schools in the West Michigan area

I couldn't resist - here's Ung's site.

Martial arts instructor charged with solicitation of murder
    Posted by The Grand Rapids Press July 17, 2008 11:43AM

HOLLAND -- A 42-year-old martial arts instructor is being charged with solicitation of murder, Holland police said today.

Police have sought a warrant against Eang Ung, although details of the incident have not been released. State Police records confirm the warrant.

"He solicited someone to basically murder someone else," Holland police Capt. Rick Walters said. "Obviously, he was not successful."

Eang Ung, a master instructor, was profiled by The Press earlier this month for his work teaching children with autism, ADHD and other challenges, including abuse. His business is on North River Avenue.

Ung, born in Cambodia, operates Ung's Martial Arts in on River Avenue in Holland Township.

On his Web site, Ung described himself as "owner of one of the most successful martial arts schools in the West Michigan area."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Doesn't inspire much confidence in regards to his MA !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

Crap, saw the first article in the paper about helping the ADD kids....Holland is in my backyard. I've been doing open tournaments in Holland and Grand Rapids for a few years...don't remember seeing any of their students. Hmmmm....had to dig just to find out he has 5th degree (1st Dan) in hapkido. Doesn't say anywhere on his site what style he teaches...

What idiots decided it was in the public's best interest to arrest him at his school in front of all the kids? this sucks!

HOLLAND, Mich. (WOOD ) -- The founder of a well-known martial arts school in Holland is in jail charged with trying to get his ex-girlfriend killed.

Eang Ung, 42, was arrested at his studio on North River Avenue Wednesday night in Holland Township. There were clients and students at the facility at the time, including Kevin Kroel.

"All of a sudden, three or four WEMET people came in, a couple more brown shirts again, and all of a sudden they just put the handcuffs on Mr. Ung," he said. "The kids were just petrified. My little 3-year-old grandson was to the point where he was climbing all over his mother. He was scared."
    Last edited by TaichiMantis; 07-18-2008 at 05:03 AM.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

More on Ung

Anything more in your local press, TaichiMantis?

Martial arts master accused of seeking a hit man
    Friday, July 18, 2008
    By John Tunison
    The Grand Rapids Press

HOLLAND -- To 11-year-old Nathanial Waters, martial arts master Eang Hang Ung was someone to respect and admire.

After studying at the popular Ung's Martial Arts school on North River Avenue for two years, the boy was looking forward to advancing beyond his red belt.

Now, with police arresting Ung for allegedly trying to hire someone to kill the mother of his 5-year-old child, Nathanial's mother is not sure what to do.

"I'm shocked, and I'm sure this is going to be shocking to all his students. They respect him very much," Denise Waters said.

Police arrested Ung, 42, of Holland, at his school Wednesday night, apparently while students were in the building. Court documents show he is accused of trying to hire a man to kill Linda Siripanya, a woman with whom he has battled in court since 2003 over custody of their daughter.

Ung was arraigned Thursday in Holland District Court on a charge of solicitation of murder. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison.

Ottawa County Circuit Court documents reveal a contentious court struggle between Ung and his former girlfriend, with each making accusations against the other. Each tried more than once to get judges to issue personal protection orders against the other, and both claimed threats by the other.

In March 2004, Siripanya described in a court petition how Ung allegedly became angry during one discussion with her.

"He got upset, saying he will make sure that my life will be hell. He also tell me that, 'I will kill you and your boyfriend.' Somebody's going to get hurt, not by him, but someone will take us out," she wrote.

A message left at Siripanya's home was not returned, and Ung did not return a call left at his home. He posted a $100,000 bond after his arraignment, police said.

The court battle began after Siripanya in 2003 filed a petition to determine paternity and sought child support from Ung, who acknowledged being the girl's father. The case contains a long list of filings since then for changes in support and parenting time, with the most recent just a few weeks ago.

Ung still had custody, but court records show Siripanya sought additional parenting time earlier this year and a referee agreed. Ung for years was concerned about his daughter having any contact with Siripanya's boyfriend, who has a conviction of domestic violence against Siripanya, records show.

In an affidavit for an arrest warrant, Holland Police Capt. Matt Messer said an informant came to them July 7, telling them Ung was trying to find someone to kill his ex-girlfriend.

The informant, armed with a concealed audio recorder and working with police, captured three conversations in which Ung talked about getting rid of Siripanya.

An undercover officer met with Ung on Tuesday. Ung gave the fake hit man a photo of Siripanya, information about her, his business card and cash as "partial payment for the murder," according to the affidavit.

Wednesday, the undercover officer again met with Ung, who told the officer where Siripanya lived and described her vehicle.

"There was also discussion that Ung would pay additional money to have the dead body of his girlfriend, Linda, hidden so that it would never be discovered," Messer said in the affidavit.

The Cambodia-born Ung, a master instructor, was profiled by The Press earlier this month for his work teaching children with autism, ADHD and other challenges, including abuse. Nathaniel Waters is one of his students with ADHD.

On his Web site, Ung described himself as "owner of one of the most successful martial arts schools in the West Michigan area." The school opened in 1991 in Zeeland and has grown in size, eventually moving to its current Holland Township building.

Ung boasts being active in community fundraisers, such as the United Way, and events, such as Tulip Time. He teaches a student creed that includes "developing myself in a positive manner" and has a business mission of "inspiring self-esteem in every child."

A sign on the business door Thursday said classes were canceled for that day. It was not clear whether the school would reopen.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

this guy teaches kids with ADHD, autism, etc but has to hire a hitman for his ex? How bad could she have possibly been?

(then again, My ex has weekly lessons with Satan.
    I don't know how much she charges him...)

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    this guy teaches kids with ADHD, autism, etc but has to hire a hitman for his ex? How bad could she have possibly been?

(then again, My ex has weekly lessons with Satan.
    I don't know how much she charges him...)
    I know a few ex's that warrant a hired kill, certainly I wouldn't soil my hands with them.
    Man's gotta have some pride in his arts tools.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You have the latest from the GR Press. I found this from our local NBC affiliate:

Ung argued Thik shouldn't be around his daughter because of three domestic violence convictions, one coming just months before against Siripanya.
    Hmmm...she beat his a$$?
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

These stories disgust me

Good thing they got him before the Olympics.

Judo official resigns amid abuse allegations
    By P. SOLOMON BANDA, Associated Press Writer
    Sunday, July 27, 2008
    (07-27) 14:17 PDT DENVER, (AP) --

A high-ranking U.S. judo official resigned amid accusations that nearly 30 years ago he molested teenage competitors he coached.

Fletcher Thornton's resignation from USA Judo's board of directors took effect Friday, a day before The New York Times published a story about the allegations.

The governing organization for the sport announced the resignation on its Web site Saturday. A spokeswoman said Thornton was a referee at a tournament in Orlando, Fla., on Friday, but he did not participate Saturday and had left by Sunday.

A telephone number listed for Thornton in Middletown, Calif., where he lives, was disconnected.

Jose H. Rodriguez, the chief executive of USA Judo, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Sunday that Thornton was not asked to resign, but that the move puts the spotlight back on the athletes less than two weeks from the start of the Beijing Games.

The Times' story said several young athletes in affidavits from 1981 accused Thornton of drugging and sexually molesting teenage competitors he coached in the late 1970s. A new accuser also surfaced in 2005, according to the report.

Thornton denied the allegations to the newspaper. In June, American judo medal hopeful Ronda Rousey drew attention to the issue by posting a blog about it.

The U.S. Olympic Committee has said it opened an inquiry into the allegations.

Rodriguez said a committee investigated the allegations in 1982 and 1983 and found that nobody filed a formal complaint, leaving the allegations unsubstantiated.

"You can't just keep bringing back the same affidavits year after year," he said. "USA Judo in 1982 and 1983 did do their due diligence and they gave everybody the opportunity to stand up. There is an appeals process."

"There should have been an appeal filed if somebody was not happy with the hearing," he later added.

AnnMarie De Mars, Rousey's mother and a judo competitor when the allegations surfaced, said she roomed with one of the alleged victims mentioned in an affidavit during the 1982 U.S. Open in Colorado Springs, Colo. She said nobody from USA Judo tried to question her roommate.

"Nobody told us there were hearings," De Mars said, adding that she later learned from another alleged victim about the hearings. "Their investigation was, basically, they told the girls (who filed the affidavits and who lived out of state) if they wanted to fly to Colorado Springs and testify in person they could."

De Mars said that Thornton tried to grope her at the tournament but she was reluctant to file a complaint.

"I was a kid, what am I going to do, go and ask the people who are doing this to handle your complaint?" she said. "Nobody cared then. There were a lot of people thinking women shouldn't even be doing sports, let alone judo, and if you couldn't handle it, then you should stay home."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Karate Teacher Busted

It was in the news today in Los Angeles. I saw it on tv this morning. A karate teacher in Westminster, Orange County was arrested for molesting 6, possible more young male students and had threatened to smash their heads in if they told anyone. It was reported he could get life in prison. That's it in a nutshell.