Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

The guy who ran the Karate school I attended as a child was busted for molesting a couple of his female students. Went to jail, got out, moved a province over, and opened up another school where he's been since. Craziness.
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

I saw this one on TV

One of the three local men arrested in the Flagler Beach sex sting filmed by “Dateline NBC” teaches children tae kwon do at a South Daytona martial arts school, police said.

That man, William Roach, 31, believed his female decoy “Amber” was only 13 years old, investigators said.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/sp...tor/121906.htm

I'll never forget this one

Jody Plauche' made national headlines in March
    1984 when he was abducted by his karate teacher
    and taken to Los Angeles, Ca. FBI officials
    rescued Jody and his abductor was arrested. Upon
    his karate teacher’s return to Baton Rouge, La.,
    Jody’s father, Gary Plauche’, in front of a local
    television camera, shot and killed the man who
    kidnapped and sexually molested his son. The
    sexual abuse had occurred for a period of more
    than one year.

http://www.jodyplauche.com/

Clip of a CouryTV show on the case. WARNING: Site includes video of the shooting and NSFW ads.
    http://www.sikvid.com/vids/2479.html

Only five years probation, sounds well worth it to me.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Who could forget the news about our old pals at SD?

January 26, 2005
    KVUE News

An arrest warrant has been issued for an Austin martial arts instructor accused of sexually assaulting one of his students.

Lorens San pedro, 28, is charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child -- a first degree felony. San pedro is accused of engaging in sexual acts with a 15-year-old girl for more than a year. Police say San pedro knew the victim since the girl was 8-years-old
    .""

I wonder what ever happened in this case? I knew lorenz personally, was very suprised when i discovered this.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    I wonder what ever happened in this case? I knew lorenz personally, was very suprised when i discovered this.

Peace,TWS
    I knew Lorenz too, he was a very good Martial Artist. I was very surprised as well since I had seen him with some very hot of age women. Doubly surprised to see that such a promising martial artist would throw his career away. I understand he did some time, not sure how much, but I understand that he is out now.

Next weeks episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit will be about an abusive MMA I think, for what I saw in the preview.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

It is one of the saddest issues going on in the world today

I teach child saftey , if what I do saves one child from being molested
    ( let alone killed) I will die a happy man.

I started it a few years back through an after school recreation program
    for elementary kids....I now have it going through the city in their youth program...
    I'll help any one , any age, anytime,

Do you know about Jesseca's Law ?

To think a M/A teacher would do this ? Who did they learn M/A from ?

This brings up another issue that has always that has always bothered me.

Standization of all M/A.

A goverment or state program to regulate , certify, and control it.

Best to U

God save the children !
    Last edited by SIFU RON; 11-14-2007 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...but it's not sexual, thankfully. It's just odd. You need to go to the site and see the pic to really judge.
    I could see where parents would be concerned about the pic but since when are horror movies, MA and RPGs "mind disturbing interests"? This reminds me of a discussion i think mr. punch brought up a while ago about violent video games.
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    It is one of the saddest issues going on in the world today

I teach child saftey , if what I do saves one child from being molested
    ( let alone killed) I will die a happy man.

I started it a few years back through an after school recreation program
    for elementary kids....I now have it going through the city in their youth program...
    I'll help any one , any age, anytime,

Do you know about Jesseca's Law ?

To think a M/A teacher would do this ? Who did they learn M/A from ?

This brings up another issue that has always that has always bothered me.

Standization of all M/A.

A goverment or state program to regulate , certify, and control it.

Best to U

God save the children !
    I`m not sure about now, but when the Brits still controlled Hong Kong you supposedly had to be a member of your style`s "Athletic Association", which was registered with the Govt. in order to operate a martial arts school as a business.
    This let your style decide who was fit to teach, but still gave some record keeping ability ty the Govt.

As bad as MA pollitics are now, imagine how much worse it would be with a government body deciding whether or not you were qualified to teach. Or regulating what you could teach. Who would decide? A beureucrat? Some MA from a different style who was appointed by the state? We have enough arguments now about who is qualified for what. As tempting as it is, Govt. involvment of any kind sounds like a bad idea to me.

But maybe crimminal background checks for senior staff wouldn`t be a bad idea to get a business liscence.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    This brings up another issue that has always that has always bothered me. Standization of all M/A. A goverment or state program to regulate , certify, and control it. Best to U God save the children !
    it's not about standardization of MA, it's about screening of individuals who are in contact with children in any sort of capacity where their parents are absent - for example, I work in schools as a PT, and aside from my own license, registration and malpractice, I need to have state clearance including fingerprinting, background check, clearance from Dept of Health, clearance from each individual district, a mandated child abuse training class, ID in the buildings, and even still I will almost never treat in a room alone with a child, and certainly never with a door closed if I am; my point is that, it seems almost ridiculous that I have to go through all this, and then parents can just drop off their kid somewhere with someone who has no background check and no real training about how to even spot abuse if they see it (let alone cause it); so again, I agree with your sentiment, I think it just needs to apply across the board to anyone who is dealing with kids (dance, gymnastics, whatever, doesn't matter, they should all be held to some sort of clearance standard)

it's not about standardization of MA, it's about screening of individuals who are in contact with children in any sort of capacity where their parents are absent - for example,
    Bingo.

What this comes down to is PERSONAL responsibility, not any governing body.

Parents need to get off their fat, retarded assess and put in the work to help prevent this sort of occurance. Take any number of these cases and if you track its breakdown you can often see a lack of commonsense or outright dumbf@ckness coming from the kids own family.

It costs you NOTHING to run a quick pedo search on people, do it on your kids school teacher, do it on your kids karate teacher, their dance coach, your neighbors, your sister in laws new boyfriend.

It's worth the few minutes.

this **** is sick, as a community we should smack the **** out of these people if we ever run into them, they give us all a bad name, just like hollywood is known for liberals who wont keep their mouth shut on politics and underage kids getting trashed and crashing their cars- if this **** continues the martial arts world will be known for being kiddie rapists
    Set your mind.
    Refuse to be weak,
    Refuse to be sick,
    Refuse to die.
    Think that you are strong and you are

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Jody Plauche' made national headlines in March
    1984 when he was abducted by his karate teacher
    and taken to Los Angeles, Ca. FBI officials
    rescued Jody and his abductor was arrested. Upon
    his karate teacher’s return to Baton Rouge, La.,
    Jody’s father, Gary Plauche’, in front of a local
    television camera, shot and killed the man who
    kidnapped and sexually molested his son. The
    sexual abuse had occurred for a period of more
    than one year.

http://www.jodyplauche.com/

Clip of a CouryTV show on the case. WARNING: Site includes video of the shooting and NSFW ads.
    http://www.sikvid.com/vids/2479.html
    a few things i wanted to asay about this. i am not for vigilantism but in this father's position i probably would have done the same or simialr thing. the only difference is i would have shot below the waste to avoid murder/attempted murder charge. and if my aim is decent enough that shot could prevent him from abusing more kids and i would serve an agravated assault with deadly wepaon charge for that. but i am curious what sort of punishment the father got for this.

a few things i wanted to asay about this. i am not for vigilantism but in this father's position i probably would have done the same or simialr thing. the only difference is i would have shot below the waste to avoid murder/attempted murder charge. and if my aim is decent enough that shot could prevent him from abusing more kids and i would serve an agravated assault with deadly wepaon charge for that. but i am curious what sort of punishment the father got for this.
    Well i would have gone for the head. Its what should be done to EVERY child molester out there and every pederast who chooses to abuse an innocent child.
    Its the one thing that hard liner neo cons and i can agree on.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.