Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

I love liberals, when a conservative does something that they don't like, even it is legal, they are a "war criminal"

When someone they like does something illegal they are a "hero of the cause"

Acting indignant doesn't help advance your cause, it sure as heck doesn't make you right....

The facts remain, your defending a guy who spews rhetoric that is not backed by personal action, who doesn't take care of his kids, who has already committed several crimes
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I love liberals, when a conservative does something that they don't like, even it is legal, they are a "war criminal"

Acting indignant doesn't help advance your cause, it sure as heck doesn't make you right....

The facts remain, your defending a guy who spews rhetoric that is not backed by personal action, who doesn't take care of his kids, who has already committed several crimes
    What does any of that have to do with the fact that you are wrong about your facts?

And why does any of that give you license to respond to a reply on this board with rudeness and disrespect?

The one thing I know about liberals is that we disagree with a lot of people but we show respect to all.

I would suggest that if you think this guy is guilty of child neglect then you should contact social services.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    What does any of that have to do with the fact that you are wrong about your facts?

And why does any of that give you license to respond to a reply on this board with rudeness and disrespect?

The one thing I know about liberals is that we disagree with a lot of people but we show respect to all.

I would suggest that if you think this guy is guilty of child neglect then you should contact social services.
    This thread has taken an odd turn. Perhaps it should be merged with the "I Want My Vote Back" thread.

I think a lot of generalizations are getting thrown about here on both sides. I am a liberal and I for one try to disrespect everyone I meet.

Most of the country doesn't have corporate sponsors, and doesn't get fat pay checks from major fighting events, ie he CHOSE not to insure those kids

And that's still just the tip of the iceberg
    You do realize the guy is by no means rich, right? When I talked to him he mentioned the pay he gets on fights and the fact that he has to get corporate sponsorship because his actual fight pay isn't usually enough to support his family on. He sure as he|l doesn't have insurance (what company would cover a professional fighter without charging the GDP of several minor nations per month?), and it wouldn't surprise me at all if covering insurance for two kids was difficult. It's a bit like musicians on major labels: the shows and venues may be huge, they might be on HBO and get paraded around like kings, but what the guys themselves actually take home from it is peanuts. In any event, all any of us are doing is speculating right now, so it's kind of pointless.

Where did you get that info on his kids not being insured, anyway? I'm curious to see it, but a quick google isn't yielding any results for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Tap View Post

You do realize the guy is by no means rich, right? When I talked to him he mentioned the pay he gets on fights and the fact that he has to get corporate sponsorship because his actual fight pay isn't usually enough to support his family on.
    He has regularly been paid in the mid 5 figures, that isn't enough to support his family?

Where did you get that info on his kids not being insured, anyway? I'm curious to see it, but a quick google isn't yielding any results for me.
    interview on "tapout radio"

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

He has regularly been paid in the mid 5 figures, that isn't enough to support his family?
    Depends greatly on those 5 figures. If he makes $10,000 to fight, and fights 5 times a year, that's only $50,000. Without an employee discount program, health insurance premiums could be out of his price range, depending on where he lives.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The guy was saying 20-30k for a good year with lots of fights and all wins, much less on years with fewer fights and/or losses. Considering I can't afford insurance just for myself (I'm a cabbie so my income is highly variable, but at the moment it's averaging out to around 20k annual), if that's around accurate then it's plausible. We're not, of course, going to actually know unless we find out the specific numbers.

interview on "tapout radio"
    Do you remember when from? The only interview with him I found in a TR archives search didn't mention insurance at all.

Do you remember when from? The only interview with him I found in a TR archives search didn't mention insurance at all.
    Considering how this guy misread the domestic violence story I wouldn't bet the farm on this one being right either....especially since he hates the guy so much.

As far as how much money he makes: I would be dam surprised if he makes 60K a year....I could be wrong.

I could be wrong.
    you are........

you are........
    Since you know then you tell us how much money the man makes.......I guess you heard that on the radio too!

LOL! Too true!!!

??????????????????????????????????

On what planet?

Clearwater Man Accused of Attacking Girlfriend with Sword

Sorry if this was posted. I went back a page or two and didn't see it.

CLEARWATER - A Clearwater man was arrested Sunday night on charges he struck his girlfriend across the forehead with a samurai sword.

Edwin Taylor Rennolds III, 37, of 4835 164th Ave. N., was charged with attempted felony murder and tampering with physical evidence, reports state. After the assault, he started a wash to clean his girlfriend's blood from bedroom sheets and a mattress pad.

The girlfriend, who had been living with Rennolds for 3 1/2 years, pretended to be dead to avoid further blows before escaping, the reports state.

Rennolds works at Starbucks and is a martial arts expert, reports state. He was being held without bail today at the Pinellas County Jail.
    Tampa Bay online

More on Lee

Another samurai sword attack? That one could go in our Bad Day for Samurai Wannabes thread too. This is probably in poor taste, but you'd think samurai sword sales would be up....

Martial arts instructor pleads not guilty in molestation case
    Daily News Wire Service
    Posted: 01/22/2009 06:02:43 PM PST
    Updated: 01/22/2009 06:15:45 PM PST

BURBANK -- A tae kwon do instructor accused of sexually molesting two boys pleaded not guilty Thursday to 10 felony counts of lewd acts with a child.

Suphachai Chris Leeisaranukul, 36, of Burbank, was arrested Jan. 6 by Burbank police and has remained in custody since then.

The criminal complaint alleges that the crimes occurred between May 1, 2007, and Dec. 23, 2008.

Leeisaranukul, who also goes by the name Chris Lee, is being held in lieu of $760,000 bail pending his next appearance in Burbank Superior Court on Feb. 18, when a date is scheduled to be set for a hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to require him to stand trial.
    Chris Lee post #1
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Monson is free...

...for now...
    Champion fighter is out of jail

Olympia mixed-martial-arts champion and avowed anarchist Jeff Monson has posted bail and been released from Davie County Jail in North Carolina, according to his attorney.

Monson is scheduled to appear in a Thurston County courtroom Tuesday to face a malicious-mischief charge for allegedly spray-painting an anarchist message on the Capitol.

Monson, 38, was arrested Saturday in North Carolina on suspicion of assault on a female and injury to real property, a jail official said. Stephanie Trapani, 30, said Monson was arrested after punching holes in the wall of her home and upending a grandfather clock after she told him she threw his cell phone out the window of her car.

Monson's attorney, Legrand Jones, said Thursday that Trapani also was arrested during the incident for taking Monson's cell phone and throwing it out of the car.

Jones said Monson looks forward to facing his charge in Olympia.

Monson was featured in a story in ESPN The Magazine, in December. A photo showed him spray-painting graffiti on the Capitol.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart