Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    exactly; all that stuff about good character, integrity, honesty amongst TCMA practitioners - bollocks; that was all reverse engineered onto it to make it appealing to the more respectable "weekend warrior" types who wanted to be "gentleman scholar / fighters" (nothing's really changed, LOL); this made it more in sync w/Confuscian value system (Taoists, OTOH, would be the first to tell you that "life is thievery" and would laugh if you started preaching morality); it was further propagated within the wushu construct; but go back a bit in time, and you see that most TCMA, especially the really good fighters, were survivalists, not ethicists...
    Yet many sifus do their best to teach people of good character (and of course dedication) and refuse people they deem rif raf. I have met such sifus, but obviously you haven't. So maybe morality is relative for you, but not the rest of us.

Furthermore if instructors were choosier about who they taught then perhaps we would not have some of the negative press as MMA-ists. Just a thought.

I would of course encourage reading of the statement below the comic with all the caveats, but this made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Tap View Post
    I would of course encourage reading of the statement below the comic with all the caveats, but this made me laugh.
    A great and entertaining read, thanks.

Johnny contradicts himself, the two year grandmaster, striks again

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    sifus do their best to teach people of good character (and of course dedication) and refuse people they deem rif raf.
    at the same time saying

the fact that WC has been used by gangsters is a well known fact among some Hong Kong sifus.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    You neesd to Email Gene about that immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Tap View Post
    this surely belongs in the drug thread.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    You neesd to Email Gene about that immediately!
    I think Gene's too busy with anarchists
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Maybe you should give up on trying to convince everyone that you know anything about kung fu and try to take some maths classes.

I see that you have not given up on doctoring quotes or being selective about how you quote people's posts.

My original comment states and I quote, "many sifus do their best to teach people of good character".

That by implication means not all sifus!

And furthermore you, Ikfmdc are an example of such a case. Your sifu was not choosey when he accepted you as his student but then he was smart enough not to teach you anything but the superficial stuff proven by the fact that you eventually "evolved" (and I use that word carefuly) into a kickboxing trainer/promoter.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 02-14-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Maybe you should give up on trying to convince everyone that you know anything about kung fu and try to take some maths classes.

I see that you have not given up on doctoring or being selective about how you quote people's posts.

My original comment states and I quote, "many sifus do their best to teach people of good character".

That by implication means not all sifus!

And furthermore you, Ikfmdc are an example of such a case. Your sifu was not choosey when he accepted you as his student but then he was smart enough not to teach you anything but the superficial stuff proven by the fact that you eventually "evolved" (and I use that word carefuly) into a kickboxing trainer/promoter.
    You're right. If you add the word "Many" in there it makes the statement consistant and logical.

You have to understand lkfmdc. He doesn't read things as an objective person. He reads with a preconceived notion and makes whatever he is reading fit that mold.

He did the same thing with his comments about Monson. He insisted Monson had hit or beaten his girlfriend. Yet there was nothing in any news reports that I read that indicated anything along this nature. He even insisted he was right after it was pointed out to him that there was no evidence to back his claim.

If you going to attack another person it's at least proper to tell the truth and get your facts straight.

For example, I don't know one way or the other, but it would also be interesting to see where lk is getting this "2 year grandmaster" stuff. I would like to see the backup for that.

Yet many sifus do their best to teach people of good character and refuse rif raf.

Yet somehow the two-year grandmaster slipped through the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Yet somehow the two-year grandmaster slipped through the system.

You are a two year grandmaster?

Please, please, please don't tell the rest of the kickboxers here how you slipped through!

I think Gene's too busy with anarchists
    nah, genes just too busy making me nachos, sucka!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    You're right. If you add the word "Many" in there it makes the statement consistant and logical.
    That fact was somehow missed by lkfmdc, but then facts never got in his way as far as his attempts at misrepresenting my character and all the other disinformation he created about me (and maybe others as well) in his feeble attempts at character assassination.

He is very insecure!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg
    You have to understand lkfmdc.
    Oh, I understand him very well.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderWawg
    He doesn't read things as an objective person.
    Nor does he write like an objective person!

He reads with a preconceived notion and makes whatever he is reading fit that mold.
    You are right and furthermore he does not have any authentic reference for his critical take on traditional kung fu.

He did the same thing with his comments about Monson. He insisted Monson had hit or beaten his girlfriend. Yet there was nothing in any news reports that I read that indicated anything along this nature. He even insisted he was right after it was pointed out to him that there was no evidence to back his claim.

If you going to attack another person it's at least proper to tell the truth and get your facts straight.
    I have come to realise that truth and facts never got in the way of lkfmdc's (and Sanjuro ronin's) feeble attempts at disinformation, no matter the intended victim.

For example, I don't know one way or the other, but it would also be interesting to see where lk is getting this "2 year grandmaster" stuff. I would like to see the backup for that.
    So would I...lol!

I assure you that is another invention of lkfmdc and some of his other MMA forum buddies, just like the fantasy that I was supposedly proven a fraud in a Bullshido thread;that I was thrown out of my kung fu school and disowned by my sifu (he did this by dragging my sifus real name through the forum!!!) and lkfmdc's earlier attempt at making me look like an anti semetic nazi, when he doctored my posts and quoted them with offensive comments added. It is worth mentioning that Sanjuro_ronin and Kansuke (unkokusai) had played along with this as well.

Furthermore as stated by Gene himself, lkfmdc has issued various complains about me. No doubt doing his best to get me banned. He even started a thread to achieve his ends.

Why all this cr@p? Mainly because of my position regarding traditional kung fu training which none of the above mentioned have any credible experience in (a fact that I mention often!), hence their "MMA is best" flag.

Well good to know that you have seen through lkfmdc as well.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 02-14-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Yet many sifus do their best to teach people of good character (and of course dedication) and refuse people they deem rif raf. I have met such sifus, but obviously you haven't. So maybe morality is relative for you, but not the rest of us.

Furthermore if instructors were choosier about who they taught then perhaps we would not have some of the negative press as MMA-ists. Just a thought.
    equally you will meet sifus who have their own personality traits and dislike people with strong personalities and will deem them unsuitable for that reason alone.

threats to ego also paints otherwise fine people badly in some schools.

it sucks, but sifu's are not beyond being petty little people of their own. The title sifu doesn't amount to much when you meet enough folks like this, same goes for sensei or guru or what have you.

believe me, there are greedy, immoral, unethical, large headed sifus and senseis and gurus in abundance out there.

sad, but true. recognize.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You are a two year grandmaster?!

That is a title you seem to have claimed for yourself, BB.