Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    That is a title you seem to have claimed for yourself, BB.
    Cool! I haven't read anywhere where this guy claims to be a two year Grandmaster but I think it's cool that you can be a Grandmaster after two years. Sweet!

I want to read your qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    That is a title you seem to have claimed for yourself, BB.
    I have?

Please show us where. Thank you!!!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Cool! I haven't read anywhere where this guy claims to be a two year Grandmaster but I think it's cool that you can be a Grandmaster after two years. Sweet!

I want to read your qualification.
    If you join the Masons, you will go through the first three degrees and become a 3rd deg Master Mason. At that time, yuo may choose to go through various stations and qualify to be Master of the Lodge. It requires some reading and the memorization of a 20 minute dialogue, but yu can be a Grand Master in about two years after your third degree.
    2B1ask1
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    If you join the Masons, you will go through the first three degrees and become a 3rd deg Master Mason. At that time, yuo may choose to go through various stations and qualify to be Master of the Lodge. It requires some reading and the memorization of a 20 minute dialogue, but yu can be a Grand Master in about two years after your third degree.
    2B1ask1
    Bouderdawg is referring to Kansuke and lkfmdc's insistence in referring to me as a 2 year Grandmaster of kung fu, wrongfully implying that my experience of kung fu to be 2 years. It is their campaign of character assassination which has been going on for a while now.

I suppose that is their reaction for my exposing them (and their friends such as Sanjuro) as nothing but a bunch of glorified kickboxers, thus making their kung fu "credentials" and credibiliy, hence their advice and CRITICISMS of it in favour of the "MMA is best" approach, at best questionable.

yeah, I know.
    You'd still be better off joining the Masons!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

yeah, I know.
    You'd still be better off joining the Masons!

Secret organizations scare me!

it's not a secret organization.
    It's an organization with secrets!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

it's not a secret organization.
    It's an organization with secrets!
    Well organizations with secrets (and secret agendas) scare me.

I'm a two year superdupermaster.

That's way higher than a grandmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    he's never called himself grandmaster, he just rattles on and acts like he knows everything when in fact he is a raw beginner

his first profile here, that he filled out himself (ie we can't change YOUR profile can we?) said "2 years" under training. I guess he realized that showed how raw he was so he changed it. Most people don't make it a habit of screen capturing every newbie's profile page

However, the stuff on Bullshido about him is still there to see. You can read "wing chun lawyer" who is in the same city, you can read "Pedro" who is a REAL student of the sifu in question.

Funny thing, no one has ever called Sanjuro a liar here, in fact, he's pretty popular. The only person is the same person who claims EVERYONE is out to get him
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    he's never called himself grandmaster, he just rattles on and acts like he knows everything when in fact he is a raw beginner

...................bingo!

heard this one before

A school opened up right next to ours once and did the exact same thing. We were all stressed but our Sifu was all "you can have a Chinese restaurant next to a Korean one, so what?" We were all "no, no, no.." Then one day, that class shows up at our doorstep. We all came out to defend our sign, but they said "no, no, no...we just wondered if you knew what was going on. We all just signed up next door and it's closed now." Never heard from that master again. The landlord tried to find him. He wound up giving all his training bags to us and we even inherited a few stray students from him in the fallout.
    Martial arts studio under investigation
    By Karen Gleason
    Del Rio News-Herald

Published February 13, 2009
    Del Rio police say they are investigating the operation of a local martial arts studio whose owner apparently took money from students, then closed the business and left town.

But the owner of that martial arts studio told the Del Rio News-Herald today he closed the studio because “it wasn’t making it financially” and called the police investigation “nonsensical.”

Del Rio Police Department Cpl. Fred Knoll said Thursday the investigation into the Del Rio Martial Arts studio, owned by Terry L. Davis of Austin and operating from a storefront at 601 S. Main St., began Wednesday after local police received a complaint from the parent of a student enrolled in the academy.

According to an incident report on file at the DRPD, Apolonio Barrera III, a resident of the 1400 block of Pierce Street, told DRPD Officer Mario Cervantes that he had paid his son’s karate instructor $296 in tuition and uniform fees.

Barrera told police the last class at the studio was given on Jan. 30.

Knoll said Thursday that Barrera told officers Davis had purchased the martial arts business from an established martial arts instructor in November or December of 2008 and began operating the academy at 601 S. Main St.

“(Barrera) told the officer that last week or the week before, the studio closed down, and there was no instructor. Mr. Barrera began to get very concerned when he was not able to get in contact with his son’s instructor,” Knoll said.

According to the incident report, Barrera’s wife passed by the martial arts studio on Feb. 9 and “viewed Davis with a trailer in front of the building.”

The report also indicates that Barrera’s wife then tried to call Davis, “but was unable to get in contact with him.”

When Barrera himself went to the studio later that same day, he found a notice posted on the door of the studio “stating that he (Davis) was (no) longer going to be teaching.”

“Barrera stated that he then made several attempts to get in contact with Davis in regards to him returning the money, but has not been able to get in contact with him,” the police report states.

Knoll said students enrolled in the academy reportedly signed an agreement to pay $400 a year for instruction, a fee that could be paid in up to three installments. Students also were responsible for purchasing their own uniforms, Knoll said.

Knoll said he first looked at the report as a civil problem, but said when he read the “agreement,” it appeared to be a liability waiver.

Knoll said he also learned that as many as 100 youngsters were enrolled in the academy and might be affected by its closure.

“I then called County Attorney Ana Markowski Smith, to let her know about the situation and the potential number of victims, and she told me that, due to that potential number, to go ahead and treat this as a criminal matter,” Knoll said.

Knoll said that anyone who has lost money or whose money has not been returned should come to the police station to make a report.

“Try to bring receipts for the instruction and uniforms along,” Knoll said.

Knoll said he has been able to speak to Davis by phone, and said Davis told him that he was facing “financial ruin,” due to the closure of three of his businesses.

“I informed him that we were looking into this as a criminal matter. He said he believed that this was a civil matter and said that he would consult with an attorney,” Knoll said.

Davis, who promptly answered the phone call from the Del Rio News-Herald this morning, said he has owned the martial arts studio for about six months.

“I went out of business because the school wasn’t supporting itself. There is a notice posted on the door explaining the situation. (In that letter) I apologized and said they’d have to give me some time, and that all the money would be repaid,” Davis said.

The martial arts studio owner said he estimated the total amount of money he owed Del Rio clients to be less than $1,000.

Davis also pointed out that “over half of my clients (in Del Rio) were clients of the former owners and paid me absolutely no money.”

When informed that the police were investigating the matter as a criminal case, Davis said, “That’s just nonsensical. . .I didn’t even close the school until Monday.”

Davis also said he has not received any calls from Barrera.

“All monies are going to be paid back, but they have to give me some time. I’ve got to earn the money, because this school has run me into the hole upwards of $10,000. I’ve done my best, but it wasn’t financially making it,” Davis said.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    he's never called himself grandmaster,
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    he just rattles on and acts like he knows everything when in fact he is a raw beginner
    I don't know everything. I am not a raw beginner...lol.

I have 8 years of kung fu training under my belt and that puts me 8 years ahead of you and your forum friends here as far as AUTHENTIC kung fu training is concerned.

Funnily enough, I still consider myself a beginner in kung fu even if not a "raw" one.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmd
    his first profile here, that he filled out himself (ie we can't change YOUR profile can we?) said "2 years" under training.
    This is where you are lying bluntly!

If my training was limited to 2 years of authentic kung fu then that would still put me 2 years ahead of your glorified kickboxing kung fu. However, the truth is that I never changed my profile and you are LYING, and that is because you are AFRAID!

I guess he realized that showed how raw he was so he changed it. Most people don't make it a habit of screen capturing every newbie's profile page
    And you do?LOL,LOL,LOL!

Then you have no excuse to lie about my training time which means that you are lying!

However, the stuff on Bullshido about him is still there to see.
    And I wish that everyone would read that just like our fellow forum member, LSWCTN1, who bothered to read it and came out on my defense.

You keep mentioning that link hoping that no one will bother to read it properly and hence take your word for it while assuming that you wouldn't provide a link that would show you as a liar!

You can read "wing chun lawyer" who is in the same city,
    That is also a LIE! Wing Chun Lawyer, despite his name, is an EX- Wing Chuner who, if I remember correctly had found "enlightenment" in kickboxing practising...ring a bell?

Furthermore he is not from the "same city"! That is another lie!

He is from Sao Paolo and not Rio de Janeiro, where my sifu is based!

lkfmdc, if you are not going to be able to write one sentence without making an untruthful statement, then it is going to be difficult to communicate with you.

you can read "Pedro" who is a REAL student of the sifu in question.
    Yes you can!

What are you imlying that Pedro said in that link?

Funny thing, no one has ever called Sanjuro a liar here,
    I did, just like I am calling you lkfmdc, a liar!

You, lkfmdc are still playing you character assassination games. You have in the past doctored quotes from my posts to make me look like an antisemetic, Nazi.

You have falsely lied saying that my Wing Chun sifu had disowned me, while dragging his real name across this forum.

You have lied and said that I had only 2 years of kung fu experience. Then when challenged to provide proof you lied AGAIN by saying that I had changed my profile and you have just repeated that lie (together with other falsehoods) here.

Sanjuro had LIED and falsely claimed that I had said that my sifu had beaten members of the Gracies and other champions in that same Bullshido thread that you quote, but secretely hope that no on will read.

It is an absolute lie and an attempt at character assassination. By the way, Sanjuro has been hiding his butt behind the ingore button since I called him out on his lies.

He does however pop his head out once in a while with snide remarks and rehashes some of his lies. Recently he even lied further saying that some people from my WC school in Brasil had contacted him about me....lol.

That story/ LIE came about when LSWCTN1, a forum member, who had actually bothered to read the Bullshido thread came out on my defense. Of course having been caught, Sanjuro went on to invent another story.

in fact, he's pretty popular.
    He is popular among the glorified kickboxer fraternity some of whom at least enjoy posts of semi naked women as just like Sanjuro himself, that is the only way they are going to see the opposite sex, while others believe the "incredible" abiltity to bread pieces of wood on YouTube is a real sign of a kung fu master...lol. Yes, we are in knucklehead territory here....lol,lol!

The only person is the same person who claims EVERYONE is out to get him
    Not EVERYONE is out to get me, only people such as yourself who have made a BUSINESS out of glorified kickboxing and have a vested interest on all the negative publicity given (including by yourself) to traditional kung fu training!

HW108

P.S. Sorry Gene, I am just telling the truth in response to the various character assassination attempts by lkfmdc and some of his fellow members.

Back to the thread!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 02-16-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    A school opened up right next to ours once and did the exact same thing. We were all stressed but our Sifu was all "you can have a Chinese restaurant next to a Korean one, so what?" We were all "no, no, no.." Then one day, that class shows up at our doorstep. We all came out to defend our sign, but they said "no, no, no...we just wondered if you knew what was going on. We all just signed up next door and it's closed now." Never heard from that master again. The landlord tried to find him. He wound up giving all his training bags to us and we even inherited a few stray students from him in the fallout.

This sounds like a dream come true scenario for any MA school. Not only does the competition close down but you inherit some of their equipment and even some students.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I don't know everything.

Just who is or isn't 'authentic,' right TYGM?