Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    It wouldn't be fair to *assume* that because of his looks or his chronological age, he 1)couldn't teach well, 2)was mentally immature, or 3)would be preying on adolescents.

No one ever said life was fair.

If you have certain standards (Such as, no one under 25 teaches kids) then you less of a chance having these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post

If you have certain standards (Such as, no one under 25 teaches kids) then you less of a chance having these problems.
    That's a dumb arbitrary rule.

Chronological age often has little relevance to maturity and to whether a person has enough of a moral compass to know better than to stalk adolescent students. I know a lot of people over 25 with very little maturity. Surf this board for proof.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

I know a lot of people over 25 with very little maturity. Surf this board for proof.
    you know that everyone on this board is between 12 and 13? Are you older

MODERATORS MODERATORS! We have a predator on the board, HELP HELP HELP

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

then agian I am sure we all act this way in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Age doesn't necessarily equal wisdom, discipline and intelligence. Case in point: http://cbs2.com/local/Costa.Mesa.United.2.921187.html
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Age doesn't necessarily equal wisdom, discipline and intelligence. Case in point: http://cbs2.com/local/Costa.Mesa.United.2.921187.html
    So what? I can take any situation and point to an exception. That doesn't mean anything.

Did you not read "You have less of a chance"?

Should all the rental car companies start renting cars to teenagers because you could point to one or two 16 year olds that are great duvers?
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 03-06-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Should all the rental car companies start renting cars to teenagers because you could point to one or two 16 year olds that are great duvers?
    my point exactly. Whatever, rule or perceived rule you make, there will be exceptions to that rule.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    my point exactly. Whatever, rule or perceived rule you make, there will be exceptions to that rule.
    So I'm assuming that if you ran a rental car agency you would do the opposite as everyone else in the industry and rent to 16 year olds?

You do know there are convicted child molestors that would be the safest baby sitters you could have. Should they be given the chance?

Of course there are statistics, and they should not be wholly discounted. My point is that dumb arbitrary rules are- well, dumb. You should contemplate every situation as unique.

If you own a school and have a 20 year old student whom you've been teaching for years, has mad skills, is competant at teaching others, and you feel s/he is a decent moral person as far as you know, why on earth not have hir teach young students.

If you have another student who is 40, but you don't think would be as competant in this particular role (for whatever reason), you'd have hir teach instead just because s/he's 40? Senseless. Pick the best person for the job, to the best of your ability.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

You do know there are convicted child molestors that would be the safest baby sitters you could have. Should they be given the chance?[/QUOTE]

That would be a judgement based on an individual's verifiable past behavior. As opposed to a judgement based on something a person has no control over (their chronological age) and generalizations linked to such. Big difference.

Of course there are statistics, and they should not be wholly discounted. My point is that dumb arbitrary rules are- well, dumb. You should contemplate every situation as unique.

If you own a school and have a 20 year old student whom you've been teaching for years, has mad skills, is competant at teaching others, and you feel s/he is a decent moral person as far as you know, why on earth not have hir teach young students.

If you have another student who is 40, but you don't think would be as competant in this particular role (for whatever reason), you'd have hir teach instead just because s/he's 40? Senseless. Pick the best person for the job, to the best of your ability.

In my school there is a 17 year old who is able to pick up and retain forms better than anyone else there. He's a nice kid but no matter how good he is he should not be teaching other kids. It's as simply as that.

By having rules such as this you avoid things like "You let Johnny teach but I'm just as good as him"

Also, having done some teaching in the past it's very easy to be lured in by a pretty face (I've seen it several times) even for an adult......with an immature kid who teaching a pretty girl that tells him how good he is and giggles at the right places it's almost impossible to remain objective.

More on Crispell

Bubba. As it turns out, several of the Tiger Claw here crew know of Crispell, being that he's a local champion. One said that a lot of trickers carry plushies, but couldn't fathom why...

From Internet sensation to child molestation
    By The phantom
    DAILY News columnist
    Posted: 03/07/2009 09:21:54 PM PST

A 20-year-old Foster City man arrested last week on suspicion of molesting a young girl had apparently developed a bit of an Internet following prior to his arrest.

Martial arts instructor Brendyn Crispell is charged with four felony counts of child molestation stemming from three separate incidents with a 13-year-old girl he met through a karate school, according to San Mateo County prosecutors. When San Carlos police arrested him Monday, they allegedly found a container of Vaseline and two stuffed animals in his car.

The Phantom plugged the suspect's unusual name into Google and came back with YouTube videos posted by a user named "brendyncrispell," who lives in Foster City, according to the user profile. We also turned up a MySpace page for a 20-year-old man named Brendyn "Bubba" Crispell with links to the same videos.

Bubba describes himself on MySpace as a "'Harry Potter' nerd" whose interests include "martial arts, TRICKING, good manga, and messing up." According to urbandictionary.com, tricking is "a kind of extreme sport where the 'athletes' do cool, fast, beautiful flips and kicks without any wires or trampolines."

The YouTube videos from 2007 and 2008 show a young man, also referred to as Bubba, performing a series of acrobatic kicks and other martial arts moves. As of Friday, a total of roughly 17,000 people had watched the clips, up from 16,500 views on Wednesday, when prosecutors charged Crispell with the felonies.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Angry Where's mom and dad?

If anything I think this guy was probably a little too young and immature to be put teaching girls of that age. In that video clip of him he looks about 13 himself.

If it was my school I would let him work with the older students but I would put the kids with an adult.
    I know this thread is about busted teachers.But where are the parents of this girl?They had no idea their 13 year old was with this guy?Do parents pay any attention to their children anymore?I think they deserve most of the blame.

The article kinda of suggest that maybe the parents knew and condoned it. Stay tuned folks! I guess we'll find out!

Or maybe they felt their daughter was mature reguardless of her age to date a 20year old. It has been argued here that we should not look at chronological age. I can't agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by notanexit View Post
    I know this thread is about busted teachers.But where are the parents of this girl?They had no idea their 13 year old was with this guy?Do parents pay any attention to their children anymore?I think they deserve most of the blame.
    Parents of today are too busy "keeping up with the Jones' " to know anything. Instead they blame it on the music kids listen to, games they play, movies/shows they watch, etc.

BTW all of which parents can control.