Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    a few things i wanted to asay about this. i am not for vigilantism but in this father's position i probably would have done the same or simialr thing. the only difference is i would have shot below the waste to avoid murder/attempted murder charge. and if my aim is decent enough that shot could prevent him from abusing more kids and i would serve an agravated assault with deadly wepaon charge for that. but i am curious what sort of punishment the father got for this.
    If you shoot someone, you will be charged with attempted murder. Even if you don't aim for the head or heart, the victim could well bleed to death.

The father got probation. 5 years I believe, it was not long. It was a plea bargain. The molester's family was upset, but the prosecutor said if it had went to trial he doubted he could find a jury that would convict the father. So he offered a pretty light deal and it was accepted.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 11-15-2007 at 12:58 PM.

a few things i wanted to asay about this. i am not for vigilantism but in this father's position i probably would have done the same or simialr thing. the only difference is i would have shot below the waste to avoid murder/attempted murder charge. and if my aim is decent enough that shot could prevent him from abusing more kids and i would serve an agravated assault with deadly wepaon charge for that. but i am curious what sort of punishment the father got for this.
    Missing man parts does not preclude sexual abuse.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

that is true but missing man parts significantly decreases sexual drive.

Dead men have neither.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I just found out from my friend/mentor that there have been 5 or 6 teachers in the WNC mountains over the last 2 decades that have been caught at this. One of them, right here in town, has been caught twice in the last 5 years. We were discussing the state of martial arts in the region and he was stipulating that this is a factor in why few schools do well here.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    If you shoot someone, you will be charged with attempted murder. Even if you don't aim for the head or heart, the victim could well bleed to death.

The father got probation. 5 years I believe, it was not long. It was a plea bargain. The molester's family was upset, but the prosecutor said if it had went to trial he doubted he could find a jury that would convict the father. So he offered a pretty light deal and it was accepted.
    Good
    deal for the father. I can understand his position and theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by eomonroe00 View Post
    this **** is sick, as a community we should smack the **** out of these people if we ever run into them, they give us all a bad name, just like hollywood is known for liberals who wont keep their mouth shut on politics and underage kids getting trashed and crashing their cars- if this **** continues the martial arts world will be known for being kiddie rapists
    They're are so many, though. You'd have to have a pretty nice Iron Hand if you want to kick it off.

Psych. evals should be standard for all teachers of minors. Seriously, look at what goes on in the school system. These female harpies that prey on the sexuality of pubescent boys (just as damaging as male-female); the pederasts that prey on young girls and boys. The priests that take advantage of the trust the children give them.

Why haven't we instituted mandatory psychological evaluations for all teachers entering into this line of work, dealing with children? Yes, the priests, too.

Actually, I'm editing this post: if you required psych. evals, there'd probably be no teachers to begin with (especially in Tae Kwan Do)....LOL......
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 11-17-2007 at 07:30 AM.

Here's a different one

When I started this thread, I knew I'd be ttt-ing it regularly.

Martial arts teacher arrested for kicking student 200 times
    By the Associated Press
    November 26, 2007

SUFFOLK, Va. - A martial arts instructor has been arrested for kicking an 11-year-old student more than 200 times, causing internal injuries and possibly breaking a rib.

Police say 47-year-old Susan Bateman of Hampton was arrested November 20th and charged with one felony count of child endangerment.

Police Lieutenant D.J. George says Bateman issued a challenge November 7th during class at a Suffolk dojo to see how many kicks to the abdomen students could take. Students got into a push-up position while Bateman kicked, stopping when the student either said to or went to his or her knees.

George says the 11-year-old boy and another student took more than 200 kicks as the class counted.

The student didn't tell his parents until he needed medical attention
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

gressett

[SIZE="7"]He is innocent of the false allegations![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    When I started this thread, I knew I'd be ttt-ing it regularly.
    Good point, Gene.

Minors are vulnerable to abuse from either sex and it is not always sexually motivated. You have to watch the control freaks, as well. Even those (especially those) of us who wear badges. This reminds me of a woman corrections officer I once worked with who exulted in her ability to make life harder for tough male convicts with impunity.

As a C.O., one of the more discouraging factoids I deal with is that sexual predators who abuse children by preference are never rehabilitated. It appears to be a "hard-wired" sexual preference and is not curable.

This is an important thread for teachers. All the public exposure does make "martial arts schools" seem scary. But, as many here have pointed out, any situation in which a child has limited adult supervision is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Martial arts teacher arrested for kicking student 200 times
    By the Associated Press
    November 26, 2007

SUFFOLK, Va. - A martial arts instructor has been arrested for kicking an 11-year-old student more than 200 times, causing internal injuries and possibly breaking a rib.

Police say 47-year-old Susan Bateman of Hampton was arrested November 20th and charged with one felony count of child endangerment.

Police Lieutenant D.J. George says Bateman issued a challenge November 7th during class at a Suffolk dojo to see how many kicks to the abdomen students could take. Students got into a push-up position while Bateman kicked, stopping when the student either said to or went to his or her knees.

George says the 11-year-old boy and another student took more than 200 kicks as the class counted.

The student didn't tell his parents until he needed medical attention
    I just got done reading this one. Just sick

Newspaper article on MA abuse

Check this out. Dumb****ery at its strip mall finest.

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=7411739

what kind of **** is that. she deserves to go to jail. i remember when you couldn;t arrest a martial arts instructor for things like that. actually i remember this one case of a guy killing his student by kicking him in the chest. this wasn;t that long ago like 1999-2000 maybe even 2001. and he got off scott free, parents couldn;t even sue him cause they signed a waiver

seriously. wtf? 11 years old!! i think they should institute an eye for an eye policy on this woman and have a person kick her in the abdomen 200+ times. but it would have to be comparable to a full grown adult kicking a child. i suggest getting a professional soccer player or NFL kicker to do it.