Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

This is so wrong

There's a video - it's pretty hard to take.
    Secret Drives Man to Plot Sulfuric Acid Attack
    Ex-Boyfriend Behind Hideous Attack on Model Katie Piper; 'He Said He'd Destroy Me,' She Says
    By JUSTIN STURKEN, RICHARD GERDAU and
    JESSICA HORNIG
    Jan. 7, 2010

Katie Piper, 26, was a model and aspiring television presenter when she was splashed in the face with sulfuric acid by a stranger on the London streets in March 2008. Police moved quickly on the trail of her assailant.

At least three separate security cameras captured the vicious incident and the hunt led to 19-year-old Stefan Sylvestre -- who they found with acid burns on his hands.

Sylvestre eventually told authorities he'd been paid to throw the acid at Piper by Danny Lynch -- a man Piper had started dating just two weeks before the attack.

Lynch was a 33-year-old martial arts enthusiast who likely first saw Piper when she was working at martial arts matches as a ring girl. Piper said they initially met online.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Nunchuk attack

Never use nunchuks to attack other people. Got that?
    Corinth man charged in martial arts weapon attack
    Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:00 pm | (0) Comments

QUEENSBURY -- A Corinth man has been charged with felony assault for allegedly hitting another man with a martial arts weapon known as nunchuks.

Jared S. Ellis, 18, of Palmer Avenue, was charged with second-degree assault in the Oct. 3 incident that left the victim with a head injury, according to the Warren County Sheriff's Office.

The victim suffered a cut that required treatment at Glens Falls Hospital about 3:30 a.m. that day. The confrontation was on Corinth Road, police said.

Police did not say in a news release what led to the incident.

Ellis was arraigned in Queensbury Town Court and sent to Warren County Jail for lack of bail.

Sheriff's Investigator John Maday made the arrest.

Nunchuks, also known as nunchakus, consist of two sticks connected with a chain.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

martial arts stick?

Like a bo or an escrima baton? Or just a stick in the hands of a 'martial arts expert?'
    Martial arts expert jailed after trying to blow up flats
    Published Date: 27 January 2010

A MARTIAL arts fan who put a block of flats at risk from a gas explosion after attacking a woman has been jailed for almost five years.

Paul Cameron was found armed with a stick striking a gas pipe within a cupboard at property in Dalkeith, Midlothian last August.

He yelled at police: "I'll fight you all. I've cut the gas and I'll blow you up and set fire to you all."

Officers had arrived after Cameron had viciously assaulted Karen Wilson with the martial arts stick.

The 31 year-old was back in the dock today after previously admitting to charges of assault, culpable and reckless conduct and breach of the peace.

Judge Lord Malcolm jailed him for four years and nine months at the High Court in Glasgow.

He also ordered that Cameron be supervised for a further six years on his release.

The judge told him: "The potential consequences of your deliberate conduct could have been catastrophic.

"It is very difficult to explain your extraordinary behaviour. It is plain that you are a very dangerous person."

Robbie Burnett, defending, earlier said Cameron had an "explosive and impulsive personality".
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Justice served

They should strip this guy of his black belt.
    Thursday, 28th January 2010 - 15:44CET
    Kung fu fighter jailed for 'uncontrolled road rage'

A black-belt kung-fu fighter was jailed for four years today after a court found him guilty of of having injured two elderly men in an episode of uncontrolled road rage.

Briton Tristan Scott Haynes, 41, was convicted by Magistrate Jacqueline Padovani for having seriously injured David Shepherd and Reuben Briffa following a traffic accident in May 2003 on the Bahar Ic-Caghaq Coast Road.

The court said that the accused had not only failed to demonstrate any physical restraint, but as a black-belt practitioner, he engaged two elderly men, one significantly smaller than him in stature, in an uncontrolled display of his art in fighting.

Furthermore, he had then tried to hide his knowledge of martial arts from the court.

During the compilation of evidence, the court had been told that Mr Haynes used kung fu moves to strike Mr Shephard to the ground when Mr Shepherd tried to stop a fight between him and Joseph Attard.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This is way OT

but I had to post this somewhere...

How come you Brooklynites never told us you had a kung fu judge?

Family of 'Kung Fu judge' John Phillips sues nursing home over death, allege missed insulin shots
    BY Erin Durkin
    DAILY NEWS WRITER
    Thursday, February 11th 2010, 4:00 AM

The family of a Brooklyn judge has slapped a Park Slope nursing home with a multimillion-dollar lawsuit charging that shoddy treatment led to his death.

The $10 million suit alleges the Prospect Park Residence - where Judge John Phillips lived for eight months until his death two years ago - refused to give him a diabetic menu and frequently missed giving him required insulin shots.

"He had diabetes that was supposed to be controlled," said lawyer John O'Hara, also a longtime friend of Phillips. "They kept screwing up. ... They killed him."

Phillips - known as the "Kung Fu judge" during his 17 years on the Civil Court bench for his habit of making martial arts moves in court - died at 83 in February 2008 after collapsing in a Prospect Park Residence elevator.

He had been declared mentally incompetent in 2001, a move some charged was politically motivated because he had announced plans to challenge Brooklyn District attorney Charles Hynes.

A series of court-appointed guardians allegedly squandered Phillips' assets, and he died owing more than $1.5 million in taxes and other debts.

His Slave and Black Lady Theaters, which were hotbeds for black activism in the 1980s, are now up for sale to pay the debt.

Phillips' nephew, the Rev. Samuel Boykin, who is managing his estate, said he noticed signs of trouble soon after Phillips moved into the Prospect Park West nursing home.

"Looking at him, you could tell his health was going downhill fast," he said. "I was afraid that his life was in danger."

Boykin, who lives in Ohio, said he and a cousin pleaded with the court guardianship program to let Phillips move into one of their homes, but were turned down.

He insisted poor care - not just advancing age - led to Phillips' decline, noting the judge was "a health fanatic."

"My uncle was a 10th-degree black belt in Asiatic martial arts," he said. "He never drank. He never smoked cigarettes. He went to bed every night at 8 o'clock.

"The justice system that he served let him down. It's been devastating."

Prospect Park Residence director David Pomerantz said he was "saddened" by the judge's death but declined to comment on the lawsuit on the advice of attorneys.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Crack down

I'm now curious if there's similar laws regarding other sports coachs - baseball, football, soccer, gymnastics, etc.
    Bill Cracks Down on Martial Arts Instructors with Sex Crimes in Their Past

MADISON, Wis. (WTAQ) - A new law is aimed to prevent sex crimes in the dojo. State Representative Marlin Schneider says by and large martial arts instructors are good people, however...

"There have been a number of cases across the country - including Wisconsin - where martial arts instructors have taken sexual advantage of the children under their charge," Schneider said.

Governor Jim Doyle has signed Schneider's bill which requires martial artists teaching children to be licensed by the state.

"They have to submit to the Department of Regulation and Licensing so you can determine whether or not they're eligible to have a license," Schneider said.

Applicants convicted of sex crimes or murder will not be granted licensing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Sir Dorr? A Shaolin style in Thailand?

I've been to Pattaya. I was astonished by the magnitude of the sex trade industry there.
    Kiwi kung fu master detained
    By Bevan Hurley View as one page
    4:00 AM Sunday Feb 21, 2010

A kung fu "Grand Master" who left New Zealand after a scandal in which one of his students died was detained by police on serious weapons charges in Thailand.

Robert McInnes was paraded before cameras with an arsenal of automatic weapons, ammunition and armoured police vests in the resort of Pattaya.

Police found the arsenal after raiding McInnes's yellow Hummer, which bears official police insignia, according to the Pattaya Daily News.

It was also claimed he was in possession of a fake New Zealand passport and had lied about his age to gain Thai identification.

Police later released McInnes after it emerged he carried official police identification and had a formal training role with the Royal Thai Police.

McInnes reportedly trained the Pattaya Police Commando Unit and has been head instructor for hand-to-hand combat at the Royal Thai Military Police Academy.

The Herald on Sunday was last night told that McInnes had become influential in his adopted country - even featuring on a popular television series Trouble in Tourist Thailand.

"He is a very powerful man in Pattaya," said Warina Punyawan, editor of the Pattaya Daily News.

She said McInnes had a strong relationship with the previous police superintendent but had possibly fallen out with the new commander.

A statement attributed to McInnes said he turned himself in to police and had since been released.

He said he was facing minor charges of possession of a police radio and ammunition.

The website carried claims McInnes had trained World Boxing Champions, Muay Thai legends and stars of extreme K1 fighters at his ISS gym in Pattaya.

He also runs ISS Worldwide, a construction and pool building company.

He said: "My personal comment is I am not an idiot. In my opinion I am stuck in a rift between police. Until police send a letter to me saying the papers as instructor are null and void as far as I am concerned I will continue to assist SWAT."

McInnes' personal website describes him as a Sifu, or Grand Master, of the Sir Dorr branch of kung fu. Sir Dorr - which means Way of the Snake - is an old Shaolin kung fu martial arts style.

McInnes is pictured receiving a civil award from the Prince of Thailand and being presented with the keys to the city of Pattaya.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

some people are just untouchable on all levels of energy manifestation.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I've been to Pattaya. I was astonished by the magnitude of the sex trade industry there.
    astonished? really?

Thailand is paradise to paedophiles and sex tourists from around the world.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    The last time I was there they had a huge banner strung across the main road which read Pataya Beach welcomes the US 6th fleet.
    Somehow I don’t think they were inviting them around for just drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Nothing here on Bob Spour?

He had a youtube channel and website. both closed now, He thought no one could find out.
    Besides the "SAS survival skills", he ran some kind of Muay Thai school as well as some kind of RBSD courses.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0grq2NFlu

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...s-a-fraud.html
    i think he has to be arrested first.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

More on McInnes

See post 608.
    Have you been to Pattaya, David? We spent a few nights there getting from Bangkok to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. We were trying to look up a relative who had passed away while we were on the road in Asia. Pattaya was truly astonishing in comparison to Bangkok and the islands.

Sifu Mcinnes – Bizarre Wall Climber & Supposed Kung Fu Hardman – Exposed As A Fraud

Robert McInnes, the prominent Pattaya businessman and self-styled kung fu master, recently released on Bt100,000 bail after being arrested on firearms charges, may not be all that he represented himself as being, recent evidence suggests.

The evidence from the investigation into the background of Robert ‘Sifu’ McInnes by the New Zealand Sunday Newspaper, NZ Herald, reveals that McInnes’ supposedly exalted kung fu credentials, specifically having been Shaolin-trained, may not actually be true. Instead, McInnes joins the ranks of the Pattaya ‘Walter Mitties’, fabricating exalted martial arts’ credentials for himself.

To have undergone the rigorous martial arts training at the Shaolin Temple, renowned fifteen hundred-year-old home of kung fu, would be sufficient to establish the credentials of any aspirant kung fu master, which is what McInnes claimed for himself. He maintains that he had penetrated deep into Northern China in the 1960s, to learn the ways of Sir Dorr (Way of the Snake) from Shaolin warrior monks, but evidence at his 1989 firearms trial, proves instead that he was studying maths and English at Wesley and De La Salle Colleges, Auckland, at the time. Rick Littlewood, a Judo “sensei” who has known McInnes for 25 years, said he was “all talk”. Another bona fide martial arts expert, Nigel Hay, chief instructor for the New Zealand Karate Association said of McInnes “He wanted to be Rambo. He was too young to be ‘the master’,” he claimed to be.”

In Auckland, New Zealand in the late 1980s, McInnes inevitably attracted thousands of like-minded souls, who, mesmerized by the media glorification of kung fu, flocked to his grandiose-sounding extreme ‘Sir Dorr’ brand of kung fu. He apparently insisted his acolytes shave off their hair and swear allegiance to him, even beating their heads bloody against the floor to improve their chi, and self-discipline. These “head-banger” acolytes, with signature scars on their foreheads, were then contracted out as bouncers. Karate expert Hay asserts ”He was trying to be a guru to those young lads.”

McInnes also tried to impress his own kung fu instructors and peers at the New Zealand Karate Association. Chief instructor Nigel Hay recalls “I remember one day we were walking to the pub after training and he started trying to walk up walls, it was just bizarre … I think he made up a lot of the stuff he claimed to have done, ” the NZ Herald on Sunday reported.

In common with many self-proclaimed experts, McInnes adopted a heavy-handed approach to his training, sometimes going way beyond safety conventions. At his trial it was recounted how, in July 1989, he once used live-fire exercises to toughen up his trainees in their “adrenalin training, shooting .22 rifle bullets, some as near as 40cm, from the water-filled ditch where three trainees were almost immersed. Following this, he forced the three to attempt to swim across the flooded Waiwera River, but, due to the inclement weather and strong current, one of the trainees, 17-year-old Jason Dooley, was swept away and drowned. “Although he was never charged over the drowning, McInnes was sentenced to 10-months’ periodic detention for discharging a weapon likely to endanger the life of his students,” the NZ Herald on Sunday reported.

Evidently, as his notorious trip around Pattaya shows, tooled up as if for urban guerilla warfare, McInnes is still suffering from severe delusions of grandeur as a ‘super’, but highly dangerous, ‘martial arts warrior’.

Taliesin Verity
    Chief-Reporter
    news@pattayadailynews.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Martial arts instructor sentenced to seven years

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canad...42906-qmi.html

An Edmonton taekwondo instructor was sentenced to seven in years in prison Saturday for molesting six of his students and a young girl who had been doing chores at his home.

Tom Innerebner, 52, will have to register as a sex offender for 20 years, Court of Queen’s Bench Justice Donna Read said in her sentence shortly before 3 p.m.

When he’s released, Innerebner will not be allowed in public places where there are children under 16. He also won’t be permitted to use a computer to communicate with children.

WTH!??

Beat me to it, solo1

For more on Innerebner, see posts 591 & 587.

Taekwondo expert gets 7 years for sex assaults
    Last Updated: Saturday, March 6, 2010 | 6:05 PM MT

An Edmonton taekwondo instructor has been sentenced to seven years in prison for a series of sexual assaults on children.

Thomas Innerebner, 52, was found guilty in December of six counts of touching children under 14 for a sexual purpose and seven counts of sexual assault.

Court of Queen's Bench Justice Donna Read issued the sentence in an Edmonton courtroom Saturday.

Innerebner sat beside his lawyer with his fists clenched in his lap, shaking his head as Read described the testimony of the victims.

Outside the courthouse, one victim's father said he was unhappy with the sentence.

"The judge pointed out dozens of cases and everybody talked about sending out a deterrent, and as the judge spoke about all these cases, all the same sentencing — obviously the justice system isn't getting it," he said.

"These aren't a deterrent to these people and these people can't be fixed."

Described as monster

He said the trial has had a huge impact on his family.

"It's been just about three years of putting up with knowing this monster's out there able to do it to other people's children. … It certainly has an effect," he said.

"I don't know what type of long-term effect it'll have on my daughter, but hopefully we can minimize that."

Innerebner was acquitted on four charges relating to three of nine female complainants.

During the trial, the jury heard the assaults took place between 1998 and 2007. The victims were between seven and 15 years old, and most of the assaults took place during or after Innerebner's taekwondo classes.

Innerebner maintained his innocence throughout the trial, denying he ever assaulted or touched any of his students inappropriately.

"I do not have a violent or dangerous bone in my body and I have a very big heart," he said in court Saturday.

His lawyer, Brian Beresh, said the outcome is disappointing.

"To see a man who has devoted his life to training young people, spending thousands of hours with all kinds of people, thousands of kids, and these complaints are made in a public setting where they are not witnessed by one other person, it's just hard to believe," he said.

"I said at the end of the trial that the decision of the jury is perverse, [and] I maintain that view. It's still a wonder as to how that occurred, but my client will be appealing both conviction and sentence and I expect that will be filed fairly quickly."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

13 months ain't enough.

Clackamas martial arts teacher sentenced in sex-abuse case
    By Steven Mayes, The Oregonian
    March 15, 2010, 5:24PM
    A Clackamas martial arts teacher was sentenced Monday to 13 months in prison for attempting to have sex with a 13-year-old student.

William Brent Mullens, 37, also was placed on three years post-prison supervision and must register as a sex offender.

The Milwaukie man was convicted of two counts of first-degree attempted sexual abuse for groping the boy, who trained at Northwest Martial Arts on Southeast Sunnyside Road.

The boy, now 14, told Clackamas County Circuit Judge Ronald D. Thom that, as a result of the abuse, he is struggling in school, doesn't trust most adults and has lost friends from the martial arts center.

Mullens apologized for doing "anything to cause you to discomfort or feel uncomfortable."

Prosecutor Michael Wu said the boy admired and trusted Mullens and that Mullens used the long-standing teacher-student relationship to take advantage of the child.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamasc...s_teacher.html