Page 52 of 75 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Now it makes sense, look at all the old opium smokers in The Origin page.

The more you look the funnier it get's.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    the videos make for interesting watch. I especially liked his dan-dao form....
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

says there are teachers here in MA.

Boy oh boy I would like to meet them and see if they can touch my head to my ass.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Dale...bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Boy oh boy I would like to meet them and see if they can touch my head to my ass.
    Coming from a kilt wearer like yourself, that just sounds so right and so wrong.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    Wow. Hardcore.
    Protection? From who? His evil mastermind nemesis from one of the evil Taoist clans of whateverthefukc mountain?

3. My school will make a financial gift to him for expenses during his stay of no less than $1000. Us dollars and not to exceed $3000. Us dollars. If i fail to do so i will accept the punishment of my elder brothers who dwell in secret places.
    wtf....???

A good chunk of those oaths have to do with money. Most are weird payments and penalty fines. He really means biz when it concerns paying in full and on time.
    Last edited by Syn7; 03-22-2012 at 05:04 PM.

"momma"???

the hole keeps getting deeper:

http://skf63.com/blog/momma/

"8. I will not release any personal or private information about the High Priest to anyone whether it be family or law enforcement."

Especially when you promise not to rat him out to the fuzz, er, po-lice, I mean Law Enforcement.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Post Black Belt Karate Cannibal Cult

Brazilian police announced Friday that they had arrested a man and two women on suspicion of having murdered and cannibalized at least two women in what was described as a purification ritual.
    The three defendants formed a sect called "Cartel" that seeks to purify the world and reduce the population, police spokesman Democrito Honorato from the northeastern Brazilian town of Guaranhuns told AFP.
    The three defendants, Jorge and Elizabeth Pires da Silveira, both 51, and Bruna da Silva, 25, intended to kill three women per year, police said.
    "The details of the actions of the trio, with drawings and explanations of cannibalism, were found in a 50-page book written by Da Silveira, a man with a diploma in education and a black belt in karate," Honorato said.
    The book, entitled "The relationships of a schizophrenic," hints at acts of cannibalism.
    "The three ate the flesh of their victims to purify their souls," said the police spokesman.

Source: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/brazil-cult...201543757.html

I guess cannibalism is a sure-fire way of building up one's Chi.

Yikes. Cannibalism. That's harsh, stoic

Here's something far more mundane from Australia...

Martial arts champ jailed over drugs
    April 18, 2012

AN AUSTRALIAN jiujitsu champion who took amphetamines to keep going while working 90-hour weeks at his struggling Melbourne gym has been jailed for drug trafficking.

Robert Knight, 38, a cousin of Essendon footballer Nathan Lovett-Murray, was jailed with his co-accused, Terry Atkinson, 55, over the operation run from his Epping gym in 2009.

The Victorian County Court heard Knight, a former jiujitsu champion, began selling drugs to pay for his growing habit and to solve financial difficulties. Judge Liz Gaynor said the men were truly remorseful and had good prospects of rehabilitation.

Knight was jailed for 6½ years, with a minimum of 3½ years, after pleading guilty to trafficking amphetamines and MDMA and possessing testosterone.

Atkinson, of Ballarat, was found guilty of trafficking methylamphetamines and MDMA and was jailed for 3½ years with a non-parole period of one year.
    I know I'm reading it wrong, but "pleading guilty to ... possessing testosterone" struck me as amusing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries
    So this guy is a TRIAD gangsta with 36 Oaths.

LMAO
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Slightly OT

But definitely worth mention here. I'm always worried I'll get shaken down by the man, and it'll be when I'm transporting weapons. I never considered my DVD collection.

Dan Halsted Tased 5 Times While Holding Kung Fu DVDs; Awarded $250,000 In Portland
    Posted: 04/29/2012 5:54 pm Updated: 04/29/2012 5:54 pm

A Portland, Ore. jury decided a cop can't repeatedly Taser an Innocent man no matter how many kung-fu DVDs the victim has.

The Oregonian reports that the Portland City Council has awarded Dan Halsted $250,000 after a jury found that officer Benjamin Davidson used excessive force when he Tased Halsted five times. Davidson mistakenly believed Halsted had sprayed graffiti on a building back in 2008.

The Daily What pulled out an interesting section of the Oregonian article in which Davidson's lawyer, James Rice, appeared to try to use Halsted's kung-fu DVD collection against him.

From the Oregonian:

Rice tried to discredit Halsted, asking him about his collection of Kung Fu movies, and suggested during his closing argument that Halsted kept resisting because he was likely intoxicated. Halsted's attorney countered that there was no evidence of Halsted's intoxication, and asked Halsted if he'd ever been trained in martial arts, to which the answer was no.

Halsted told KATU he's glad justice was served.

"I was Tased five times, and I was just walking home," Halsted said. "Obviously, something needs to be done about that."

Halsted told KBOO radio he hopes his suit will curb the use of Tasers by police.

"Hopefully it will limit how often a Taser is used and how many times a person is tased," he said. "It's incredibly dangerous."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The tai chi defense

San Jose software engineer Jason Cai found guilty of murdering lawyer Xia Zhao
    By Tracey Kaplan tkaplan@mercurynews.com
    Posted: 04/11/2012 09:30:40 AM PDT
    Updated: 04/11/2012 05:09:44 PM PDT

A San Jose software engineer's long winning streak against the criminal justice system finally ended Wednesday when a jury convicted him of murder after a previous panel in 2010 couldn't agree on a verdict.

This time, the jury deliberated only two days before finding Jason Cai, 53, guilty of ambushing lawyer Xia Zhao in the parking lot of her San Jose office on Hamilton Avenue. Cai shot Zhao, a 32-year-old wife and mother, twice -- the second time at such close range that the muzzle left an imprint on her chest.

Many in the courtroom audibly gasped as the clerk read the guilty verdict, including four jurors from the first trial who attended Wednesday's brief hearing in hopes he would be convicted. Cai sat stone-faced.

"The guilty never react,'' said prosecutor Brian Welch, who handled both trials. "They know it's the right verdict.''

Cai now faces a mandatory term of life without parole when Judge David A. Cena sentences him May 24.

The quick resolution Wednesday came as a relief to Zhao's bereaved relatives, including her husband, architect Kevin Schwarckopf. The couple had a 2-year-old son when she was slain.

"This is a good day,'' Schwarckopf said, praising San Jose police and prosecutors for their perserverance. "It's been a long time coming.''

It was the third time Cai had been tried on a murder charge.

Nineteen months ago, Cai was tried for the first time for killing Zhao, including the circumstances allegation of lying in wait. But the jury deadlocked 11-1 in favor of conviction after struggling for about four days to reach a consensus. Cai has been in custody since shortly after Zhao was killed in 2008.

Cai racked up his first victory against the criminal justice system six years ago, after his wife, Ying Deng, drowned in 2003 in the pool of their Cupertino home. The murder trial in 2006 was closely covered by the Chinese media. Despite evidence Deng had been hit on the head, the jury acquitted him of murder and deadlocked on manslaughter, prompting prosecutors to dismiss the case.

District Attorney Jeff Rosen prosecuted the Deng case. Wednesday, he was in court and heard the verdict with what appeared to be grim satisfaction.

"This time, Mr. Cai did not escape justice,'' Rosen later said in a written statement.

Jurors said they carefully reviewed the evidence before arriving at a final verdict, including having the court reporter read back much of Cai's testimony. From the first, they said, there was little doubt the short, slim man with glasses was guilty; by the end, there was none.

"He hung himself,'' said one juror who declined to give his name. "He was very arrogant.''

Others had even less flattering thing to say about him, calling him "smug,'' "smirking,'' a "liar'' and "blank.'' Cai did not testify in the first trial on Zhao's murder.

The evidence in Zhao's July 1, 2008, slaying immediately pointed to Cai, including a videotape of a man who closely resembled him running away from the crime scene. But Cai had built an almost-perfect alibi for that morning and early afternoon, forcing the prosecution to make do with a mountain of largely circumstantial evidence.

Welch painstakingly proved that Cai had stalked and threatened Zhao and other lawyers in an effort to stop them from representing his dead wife's mother in a $15 million wrongful death lawsuit she filed against him.

Zhao, the only lawyer in the case who spoke Cai's native language of Mandarin, also helped the wife's family block him from inheriting her property in China. Cai also was frustrated because the wrongful death lawsuit prevented him from collecting on his wife's $250,000 life insurance policy.

Zhao was so fearful of him she took pictures of him with her cell phone, bought a life insurance policy and pursued a restraining order against him to protect herself.

Cai tried to outwit police by rigging his computers to make it appear as if he was working on them at home, according to prosecution expert Tim Weaver. The wily software engineer also went to the Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club to practice shooting, rendering the gun residue test he was given after his arrest useless.

Besides Cai's dismal performance on the stand, another factor favored Welch -- the judge allowed him to present evidence about Zhao's helpful role in impeding Cai's inheritance, which had been excluded in the previous trial, the prosecutor said.

Cai was defended by renowned San Francisco lawyer Tony Serra, who argued his client was a warm-hearted father who did tai chi and had no need of money because he'd figured out a "magic formula'' to succeed in the stock market.

But the tactic flopped.

"Tai chi and with looking at birds with his daughter in the back yard?'' jury forewoman Mary Goray scofffed. "It was insulting.''

Serra couldn't be reached for comment after the verdict. He also argued during the trial that Cai couldn't be the man captured on the video fleeing the crime scene because he was too old and out of shape to run.

The jury didn't buy it, said juror Cary Cerbasi, a plumber.

"He looked exactly like a guy,'' Cerbasi said, "who couldn't run, trying to run.''
    The tai chi defense doesn't work.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Slightly OT

Two arrested after Kung-fu brawl
    CHE BAKER Last updated 15:30 13/05/2012

Queenstown police have arrested two men after a violent brawl broke out this afternoon.

A witness, who called police, said a fight broke out between a group of six to eight men on Shotover St.

The witness was walking down the street when a ''prolonged scrap'' broke out between the men.

The men were kicking and punching each other Kung-fu style and clothes were being flung around, the witness said.

''People were standing around watching the fight but no-one wanting to get involved,'' she said.

A man who appeared to be intervening, pushed two of the offenders but was seen getting into a truck and fleeing the scene, the witness said.
    Why was this a "Kung-fu style" brawl? Because clothes were being flung around?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I think they called it kung fu fighting cause:

Those cats were fast as lightning
    In fact it was a little bit frightning
    But they fought with expert timing

They were funky China men from funky Chinatown
    They were chopping them up and they were chopping them down
    It's an ancient Chinese art and everybody knew their part
    From a feint into a slip, and kicking from the hip

Yeah,

I think Everyone was Kung fu Fightin'

Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.