Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Usually they go to PC for good. Most of their abuse comes from corrections rather than other convicts. Had they been in GenPop then that is an administrative abuse. How we feel about them is irrelevant. If you want them beaten to death then have the balls to make that their sentence.
    A lot of the time PC is shared. Especially when over crowded.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    A lot of the time PC is shared. Especially when over crowded.
    Well, I can't speak for where you're at, but here it's run differently than GP. It's more like the SHU than GP. And yeah, people get hurt in PC all the time, but it's a lot less than GP. Most people in there are more sympathetic. Not that some rat won't cave a skinners head in for clout. It's just a lot harder. Like SHU they are grouped accordingly. If this is not the case, then the administration is failing in their duties. I mean, they do a pretty bad job anyways, you would think they could at least keep people alive. But that speaks more to attitude by corrections than any sort of admin errors. I know that corrections abuses their authority. I've been a party to it. I've seen lots of stuff that is just wrong, on both sides of the door. It's pretty counter productive and hard to deny corruption when people in seg get murdered. It's a very US vs THEM atmosphere and it's fostered by both sides of the gate, and neither have any valid excuses for being like that other than the whole circular revenge thing. Human nature I guess. The job attracts certain types, and of course the convicts aren't the best class of people either. Not that I haven't met some good people on both sides.

What does raping children have to do with kung fu? This discussion is not very family oriented, unlike our other discussions related to maiming and killing other human beings.

Did the rapists wear panda suits?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    What does raping children have to do with kung fu? This discussion is not very family oriented, unlike our other discussions related to maiming and killing other human beings.

Did the rapists wear panda suits?
    You're a mod here. Why don't you ask the person who started the thread?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You're a mod here. Why don't you ask the person who started the thread?
    I think I just did, Monsieur!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Has MK been hacked?

strange behavior out of left field.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Has MK been hacked?

strange behavior out of left field.
    I can assure you, good sir, that I am in total control of my faculties.

Why this is relevent to Kung Fu

Like I said at the beginning:
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It seems like I'm getting more and more of these sorts of news stories, sad to say. I can't tell if I'm just hyper-sensitive or it's a growing phenomena. So I'm going to start compiling them here, just to see where it goes. I know there's some archived threads too, which could be linked in to this one.
    Seeing these stories in the newsfeeds hasn't ceased. In fact, they are rather constant and often dominate the newfeeds. This is how the martial arts is perceived on the web when Googled, so I find it highly relevant. Part of my purpose behind it is to set an example to others, to let them know that offenders do get caught and that they should be recognized not only as criminals but as those that dishonor our arts.

Also, and this is a double-edged sword, I am for the regulation of martial arts schools that teach children. It should be the same as with day-care centers and such. Right now, martial arts are completely unregulated. This is a double-edged sword because it would crush our economy for a while as so many schools make their gate on kids and they are totally unprepared to get certified by some national body. Many schools wouldn't survive a background check. So it would be hard at first, but in the end, it will improve our community.

Right now, no one is looking at the martial arts industry in this way, but I feel it is inevitable, given the content of this thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Seeing these stories in the newsfeeds hasn't ceased. In fact, they are rather constant and often dominate the newfeeds. This is how the martial arts is perceived on the web when Googled, so I find it highly relevant. Part of my purpose behind it is to set an example to others, to let them know that offenders do get caught and that they should be recognized not only as criminals but as those that dishonor our arts.

Also, and this is a double-edged sword, I am for the regulation of martial arts schools that teach children. It should be the same as with day-care centers and such. Right now, martial arts are completely unregulated. This is a double-edged sword because it would crush our economy for a while as so many schools make their gate on kids and they are totally unprepared to get certified by some national body. Many schools wouldn't survive a background check. So it would be hard at first, but in the end, it will improve our community.

Right now, no one is looking at the martial arts industry in this way, but I feel it is inevitable, given the content of this thread.
    Indeed. I think setting the same standard and duty of care as required by a children's learning center or a day care is absolutely necessary. As for the schools that wouldn't pass muster, let them fall bad economy or not. If they don't measure up, let them go.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Relevant topics are relevant! Brilliant concept!

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Well, I can't speak for where you're at, but here it's run differently than GP. It's more like the SHU than GP. And yeah, people get hurt in PC all the time, but it's a lot less than GP. Most people in there are more sympathetic. Not that some rat won't cave a skinners head in for clout. It's just a lot harder. Like SHU they are grouped accordingly. If this is not the case, then the administration is failing in their duties. I mean, they do a pretty bad job anyways, you would think they could at least keep people alive. But that speaks more to attitude by corrections than any sort of admin errors. I know that corrections abuses their authority. I've been a party to it. I've seen lots of stuff that is just wrong, on both sides of the door. It's pretty counter productive and hard to deny corruption when people in seg get murdered. It's a very US vs THEM atmosphere and it's fostered by both sides of the gate, and neither have any valid excuses for being like that other than the whole circular revenge thing. Human nature I guess. The job attracts certain types, and of course the convicts aren't the best class of people either. Not that I haven't met some good people on both sides.
    I worked in law enforcement here for six years. One of the complaints from our state prisoners( I worked in a county jail) was that our state prisons were really cramped.

I'm not saying it wasn't planned that way, because I don't know. Just saying that I don't know the specifics or the situation well enough to say it was the fault of the administrators or supervisors for placing him with the killer.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

I worked in law enforcement here for six years. One of the complaints from our state prisoners( I worked in a county jail) was that our state prisons were really cramped.

I'm not saying it wasn't planned that way, because I don't know. Just saying that I don't know the specifics or the situation well enough to say it was the fault of the administrators or supervisors for placing him with the killer.
    Because of the private prisons for profit system that goes on in the states, people lose sight of what they are doing in favour of getting some for themselves. Prison management wants to turn a profit. Who are the commodities to do this with? the prisoners.

The American prison system is in some respects a weakly veiled system of indentured slavery with prisoners being stick and carrotted to do piece work for major corps that use the prisons for cheap labour.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

When 1 in 10 persons is incarcerated, it's hard to argue that the system is not intentionally flawed for the profit of others.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    When 1 in 10 persons is incarcerated, it's hard to argue that the system is not intentionally flawed for the profit of others.
    Many American prisons are private businesses.

In Canada, where we have a Queen and speak French, we have provincial prisons for 2 years less one day sentences and federal prisons for anything over 2 years.

the federal and provincial prisons are run by government workers and guards etc all are employees of either the provincial or federal government.

No company anywhere is allowed to employ prisoners, but they may be used to carry out public works from time to time.

there isn't the opportunity given to profit.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Ok well then you know all too well that corrections is quite often guilty of instigating violence in one way or another. And quite often the perp themselves. I've seen it, lived it, been a part of it. So I KNOW. It's a shame so many are unwilling to see the truth. It's a fair assumption that cons will be disruptive at times. But it's such a bullshit assumption the corrections are just guys caught in a shitty situation. I mean, they are in a shitty situation, no doubt, but their actions are a BIG part of the problems that infest your prisons and ours.

I've met corrections that are great people but more often than not they take out their frustrations on people when they can't fight back. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen it.

You know the "torpedo" concept then? Quite often it's a guard who makes that happen. For kicks, out of anger, to shut somebody up, whatever. Doesn't matter. It's all wrong.

I also have an issue with regular shakedowns but no searches on officers. I mean, we all know how the dope gets in. It's not a secret.