Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

More on 29 stone Christopher Lee

29 stone Liverpool martial arts expert denies causing a nuisance to his former neighbours
    14:53, 26 February 2015 By Olivia Rudgard
    Christopher Lee appeared in court accused of breaching a civil injunction

Christopher Lee denies breaching a court injunction by causing a nuisance to his former neighboursChristopher Lee denies breaching a court injunction by causing a nuisance to his former neighbours
    A 29 stone snake-loving ‘martial arts expert’ has denied breaching a court injunction by causing a nuisance to his former neighbours.

Christopher Lee, 38, denied causing a nuisance to residents on Springwood Avenue, in Allerton, at 12.30am yesterday.

He was arrested by Merseyside Police at 3.30pm the same day.

Liverpool Mutual Homes took Lee, of Crocus Street, Kirkdale, to court last year over antisocial behaviour and intimidation of workers at his former home.

One one occasion workers were forced to form a human chain to protect themselves after Lee charged at them and on another he refused to let electricians work because he said they were unsettling his pet snake.

An injunction was made on August 28 last year, and a second order was made on January 9 this year, when Lee was also given a 28-day prison sentence, suspended until August.

He and his partner Nicola Coghlan were finally evicted last month after it was found that they had breached the terms of their tenancy agreement, and given until February 20 to leave.

This afternoon he appeared at Liverpool Civil and Family Court on Vernon Street court where Circuit Judge Peter Gregory made an exclusion order, forcing Lee to keep out of the area around Springwood Avenue.

Lee was bailed until April 8 for a hearing were it will be decided if he breached the injunction, and if so whether he should sent to jail under the terms of his suspended sentence.

The court heard that Lee and Coghlan have not yet handed over the keys to their former property, but have moved to a different address.

When asked by Judge Gregory if he understood the terms of his bail and the three orders, Lee responded by saying: “What protection do I get?”

Judge Gregory said: “Provided you conform with the terms of the injunctions you have nothing to fear.

“Stay within the terms of the injunctions or you will be back before the court.”

He added: “Stay away from that area and stay away from that property. You have no business being there any more.”

Mr Lee appeared wearing a grey tracksuit, and was wheezing and breathing heavily throughout the hearing.
    This report is irksome. Clearly he's not a martial arts expert. He just said that and the reporters ran with it.

More on Lee here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    This report is irksome. Clearly he's not a martial arts expert. He just said that and the reporters ran with it.

More on Lee here.
    crikey. 29 stone! That's 406 lbs for you non british number types. no wonder he's wheezing and having difficulty breathing. He probably faints passing a turd!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ew

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    He probably faints passing a turd!
    I @ u 4 putting that image in my head, DJ.

One of my old Deadhead friends was looking at elective surgery to tie off his stomach to lose weight. He had to go to meetings of what he called the 'elephant & hippo' club. He said there was a significant break point when people got so obese that they couldn't wipe their own ass. That woke his own ass up and he dropped 150 lbs on his own, mostly by stopping drinking diet soda.

I'm pretty lenient about the general criteria for what makes a 'martial arts expert', at least publicly so because I earn my living here by selling stuff to people who consider themselves martial arts experts (privately, I'm more rigorous about my standards). But I do think that a basic criteria for martial arts expertise is that you have to be able to wipe your own ass.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All posts with the above were requested to be removed. And done so. I wish the requester and his friend well in all things.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 02-07-2016 at 12:06 PM.

It surprised me as well. Just sad.

Jimbo - I competed at that '93 Tat Mau Wong tournament!

I can't remember if I was at the '97 one. Probably...might have been tabling for WLE. Was that one at SFSU?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I can't remember if I was at the '97 one. Probably...might have been tabling for WLE. Was that one at SFSU?
    Yes, it was!

Yes, I remember now.

I was definitely working the WLE table.

I stopped competing in '95. I usually say that I stopped because that was after my first trip to Shaolin, and I could see the incoming horde of immigrants poised to knock me off the podium, but in truth, I got tired of losing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 02-06-2016 at 12:10 PM.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 02-07-2016 at 12:01 PM.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 02-07-2016 at 12:01 PM.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 02-07-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Welcome to the real world

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 02-07-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Daryl Lim Jun Liang

Law Minister slams teen who beat up foreign workers to practise his martial arts
    PUBLISHED ON APR 22, 2015 9:56 PM

The actions of an 18-year-old, who beat up smaller foreign workers to practise his martial arts skills and even taunted them, was described as "completely unacceptable" by Law and Foreign Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam on Wednesday.-- ST PHOTO: SHAHRIYA YAHAYA

BY LIM YI HAN AND HOE PEI SHAN

SINGAPORE - The actions of an 18-year-old, who beat up smaller foreign workers to practise his martial arts skills and even taunted them, was described as "completely unacceptable" by Law and Foreign Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam on Wednesday.

On Monday, Daryl Lim Jun Liang was given a short detention order of 10 days by a district judge for attacking two foreign workers last year. He was also ordered to report to a supervision officer every day and remain indoors from 10pm to 6am for a year, and has to perform 150 hours of community service.

Speaking at the sidelines of an event by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mr Shanmugam said: "(The foreign workers) have come here and are helping us build our infrastructure. Instead of being grateful to them, and recognising that they're doing a hard job... to help their families, we go and attack them, it's bullying of somebody who's vulnerable. It's sickening conduct..."

The Minister also wrote about it on his Facebook page, adding: "I hope that people who think and behave like Daryl are a tiny minority."

Last year, Lim, together with two 15-year-old friends and another who is 18, had in separate incidents targeted a Chinese and an Indian worker, because they were smaller and deemed less likely to fight back. Lim even mocked the victims by dancing in front of them and pushed one on the head.

The prosecution has filed a notice of appeal against Lim's sentence.
    Wonder what style he practices...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wonder what style he practices...
    Quick search and all I find is he was a ITE student.

http://ce.ite.edu.sg/