Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action!

Action!

I like this! Pretty neat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeRSepyuQCA
    I'd hate to fight him.
    Last edited by Jingwu Man; 11-13-2007 at 01:23 PM.

oh please, he was just slapping, and wiggling. remeniscent of kip from napolean dynamite. all that bowing made me want to puke. so he could have hurt him, but he didn't want to. thats new.

Ha, I know. I just like it because after like ten seconds the big guy wanted to stop, and the Shaolin guy was all serious. I just thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwu Man View Post
    Ha, I know. I just like it because after like ten seconds the big guy wanted to stop, and the Shaolin guy was all serious. I just thought it was funny.
    Actually, I saw it a little different. The big guy stoped after he about hit the monk guy in the head... Not impressed, at all...
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    Actually, I saw it a little different. The big guy stoped after he about hit the monk guy in the head... Not impressed, at all...
    he did smack him in the face.

i saw a bunch of slapping that about it....look like both side were just slapping and blocking wildly.....

does anyone know what happened here? the monk looked really angry. i don't think he expected to get slapped. maybe he thought the guy was insulting him.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-13-2007 at 09:28 PM.

he stepped in to cross hands.

a slap should be expected. the monk got owned pretty good there

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post

jus cuz u a monk dont make u invincible...in a battle....everyone will get hit...just who get hurt less is the winner.....

but ya the monk was probably embarass dat he got hit like that so i guess he got mad...but i dont know..his facial expression stayyed the same..he looked mad early before the fite even started already.....
    and the big guy probably didnt want to get his ass whooped after he hit him so he ran..or he felt bad for embarassng the monk so he stopped fighting cuz he didnt want to embarass him more??

story could go either way

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post

what's cross hands? what kind of kung fu does slapping for sparring?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    what's cross hands? what kind of kung fu does slapping for sparring?
    That would be "MODERN KUNG FU" lol...

looks like they were slap boxing to me but i think they were doing that to keep it safe. you never slapped box before in the streets with your freinds. or maybe thats just my hood

In China

In China, it is considered rude and insult to attack the face, when faced with someone who is supposed to be of a higher level than you, and it was a freindly exchange. Thats why the monk was pizzed, and why he gave the white guy a good slap at the end, to regain face in front of people.

It's a cultural thing
    Kune Belay Sau

Quote Originally Posted by Wong Ying Home View Post
    In China, it is considered rude and insult to attack the face, when faced with someone who is supposed to be of a higher level than you, and it was a freindly exchange. Thats why the monk was pizzed, and why he gave the white guy a good slap at the end, to regain face in front of people.

It's a cultural thing
    You mean, the white guy "let" the monk slap him in the face at the end. The last demo given by the monk, the white guy didn't even move. Oh well, statis isn't everything. As seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wong Ying Home View Post

It's a cultural thing

Not true! Traditional CMA culture is "always be ready for anything" & "never take for granted the other side". Secondly - Don't get your a$$ kicked! Even when exchanging technique every movemnt is alive with intent, not dead and useless... Once again, not impressed, at all.....