Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dragonball

but think if they did dragon ball exactly like it was in the cartoon. it would be interesting to say the least. go watch the 80's/90's HK dragon pearl movie. that is wild!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexorcist View Post
    Amen!

I'm glad that I watched it online. This movie was so bad that it makes "Manos: Hands of Fate" look Oscar-worthy.

I will say the best part of the movie was the super delicious Jaimie Chung. I have a large package I would like to deliver to her front porch!!!

Manos: The Hands of Fate IS Oscar-worthy. Frank Zappa is brilliant in it!

Of course, it's only worthy of an Oscar with Joel, Tom Servo and Crow involved...

Ben Ramsey apologizes

May 3, 2016
    Dragonball Evolution Writer Apologizes to Fans

Ben Ramsey wrote Dragonball Evolution, and he asked me to tell you that he is sorry.

Where did this sudden apology come from, 7 years after the movie’s premiere in 2009?

I contacted Ben to interview him for a book I’m writing titled “USA DBZ.”

The book has a chapter dedicated to telling the untold story behind Dragonball Evolution, which is Hollywood’s live-action adaptation of the series.

Dragonball Evolution is reviled by fans and has a 14% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Fans of anime and pop culture consider it to be the lowest benchmark by which live-action adaptations of anime and comics are compared. When a bad movie comes out, people say, ‘Hey, at least it wasn’t as bad as Dragonball Evolution!’

But where did the idea for Dragonball Evolution come from, who wrote it, what was the original intention, and why was it so disappointing to Dragon Ball fans across the world?

To find out, I asked Ben for an interview.

He replied with an apology.

Ben Ramsey’s Apology

“I knew that it would eventually come down to this one day. Dragonball Evolution marked a very painful creative point in my life. To have something with my name on it as the writer be so globally reviled is gut wrenching. To receive hate mail from all over the world is heartbreaking. I spent so many years trying to deflect the blame, but at the end of the day it all comes down to the written word on page and I take full responsibility for what was such a disappointment to so many fans. I did the best I could, but at the end of the day, I ‘dropped the dragon ball.’

I went into the project chasing after a big payday, not as a fan of the franchise but as a businessman taking on an assignment. I have learned that when you go into a creative endeavor without passion you come out with sub-optimal results, and sometimes flat out garbage. So I’m not blaming anyone for Dragonball but myself. As a fanboy of other series, I know what it’s like to have something you love and anticipate be so disappointing.

To all the Dragon Ball fans out there, I sincerely apologize.
    I hope I can make it up to you by creating something really cool and entertaining that you will like and that is also something I am passionate about. That’s the only work I do now.

Best,

Ben.”

Praise for Light of Hope

Ben added, “By the way, Dragon Ball Z: Light of Hope was awesome! Excellent work, Derek. It’s what Dragonball Evolution should have been.”

Dragon Ball Z: Light of Hope is a fan produced live-action adaptation of The History of Trunks, and I am its writer and co-creator.

Dragonball Evolution was filmed with $30 million, and ours with $10 thousand, but ours is loved by fans, while Hollywood’s is not. Why do you think that is?

If you’re in Hollywood and want to create a new Dragon Ball project, please contact me. I write Dragon Ball books and screenplays, and I have scripts ready for you to read.

It’s a great time for a reboot!
    I don't think I ever saw this in the end. I certainly can't remember it at all. I wasn't a Dragon Ball fan to begin with, so it would have probably been lost on me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart