Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lama Sup Ji

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    By the way, so as to put it in perspective, the Catholic Church recently found a handwritten manuscript where a copy error (in the past all tracts were hand copied) inadvertently changed the meaning of the passage! It's an error over 600 years old, and now the church must contend with the fact that they taught a doctrine based upon a human copying error

IE, Sh-it happens
    AS a Greek Orthodox Christian I have to tell you that the first original bible was written in Greek. Pope Jhon paul even came out and appoligized and admitted that it was part of the anti ortdox movement to seperate them selves that the Catholic church changed Dates and times on their calendar.

Poin being using the Catholic Church is a good example of how things get distorted don't you think??

what part of "Mike has them" did you not understand?

he has actual pics of the monastery.... we also (again) went back and looked at like 35 copies of stuff sifu had written and in each and every one he had written the water radical... again, I missed it, it was my error, but it was clearly an ERROR

TOO BAD I WAS THE ONLY ONE STUDYING CHINESE, or we might have picked it up earlier
    dave once again I don't mean to be argumentative but you mentioned that Mike had Pics since I've never seen them, naturaly I'd like to see the pics. Is that possible??

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    AS a Greek Orthodox Christian I have to tell you that the first original bible was written in Greek. Pope Jhon paul even came out and appoligized and admitted that it was part of the anti ortdox movement to seperate them selves that the Catholic church changed Dates and times on their calendar.

Poin being using the Catholic Church is a good example of how things get distorted don't you think??
    Actually, Jesus and the original apostles all spoke and wrote Aramaic.

Paul, whose mission was to bring the gospel to the gentil, used Greek since it was the lingua franca of the Roman empire. The fact that ancient Greek is subject to multiple interpretations is but one part of the problem, but add to it that a hand written manuscript is subject to not only human error but SMUDGED INK and bleed through from the other side of the page.....

Regardless, errors can result in substantial changes. But once said errors are discovered it is better to CORRECT them than to carry on business as usual

The charater as you can see to the left has the "water radical" or "three strokes"... without the radical it is a different word. I missed the three strokes (understandable when you realize sifu was writing in dirt with a spear).. my mistake, but since we know it's a mistake, again, why continue it?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Originaly when I spoke to Mike about his trip he said he didn't go to the monestary since it was in rubble. Once again I mean no disrespect here, but if this was National Geographic they woul have undisputable evidence on camera and on video

considering the hour, I am not going to crawl into the basement to find sifu's old writings, but I promise I will and scan it... so you can see the character that he wrote (I'll use photoshop to highlight it)

I don't have the pics on this computer, Mike sent them to me and then my computer crashed, you'd have to ask Mike

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Question Question

Didn't your sifu ever say the name of the monastery? It's odd to me that he would write it on dirt with a spear but never say it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    Didn't your sifu ever say the name of the monastery? It's odd to me that he would write it on dirt with a spear but never say it.
    the two characters sound the same in Cantonese.....

Actually, Jesus and the original apostles all spoke and wrote Aramaic.

Paul, whose mission was to bring the gospel to the gentil, used Greek since it was the lingua franca of the Roman empire. The fact that ancient Greek is subject to multiple interpretations is but one part of the problem, but add to it that a hand written manuscript is subject to not only human error but SMUDGED INK and bleed through from the other side of the page.....

Regardless, errors can result in substantial changes. But once said errors are discovered it is better to CORRECT them than to carry on business as usual

The charater as you can see to the left has the "water radical" or "three strokes"... without the radical it is a different word. I missed the three strokes (understandable when you realize sifu was writing in dirt with a spear).. my mistake, but since we know it's a mistake, again, why continue it?
    I just want to get to the bottom of this, since originally you say we made a mistake don't you think it's worth further investigation. Maybe we shoul all make the trip and actualy find the monestary.

Arrow

What do you mean, Luk whan Ji and Chin whan Ji sound the same??

Well that explains it. So is the word for "clear" "luk" (same as "green")?

[QUOTE=lkfmdc;822263]Actually, Jesus and the original apostles all spoke and wrote Aramaic.

[/QUOTE

This is totally off the topic but The point is Aramaic was spoken but the original bible was written in GREEK period.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    Well that explains it. So is the word for "clear" "luk" (same as "green")?
    That's exactly my point

considering the hour, I am not going to crawl into the basement to find sifu's old writings, but I promise I will and scan it... so you can see the character that he wrote (I'll use photoshop to highlight it)

I don't have the pics on this computer, Mike sent them to me and then my computer crashed, you'd have to ask Mike
    Your right it's late but as far as your computer crashing give me a break,, you are the master of this forum and everyone knows you have a state of the art computer and you are too smart to let that happen. None the less I already told you that Mike told me that he didn't visit the monestary so how would you have that picture??
    Last edited by Green Cloud; 11-30-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Thumbs down

"Luk" and "Ching" are two different Chinese characters are are both words for "green" (they are different shades). "Ching" for "green" sounds the same as "Ching" for "clear" (or "pure").

Chan Tai San NEVER said "Luk Waan".... EVER..... he always called it "Ching Waan" which sounds the same....

Funny how those who weren't even there want to jump into the discussion

and you're right Gus, my computer couldn't possible have crashed, because, after all, you say so (/sarcasm)....

I'm curious how "everyone" knows what sort of computer I have?

OK guy I'm turning in , good night Xia, good night Dave, good night Jhon boy Jeesh Dave stop being so touchy.