Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Lama Sup Ji

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    if you sifu were alive would he want to see all the drama going on.
    anybody else want to answer this one? <looks around> no? ok: YES; sad to say, CTS thrived on drama - if there wasn't any, he went and created it; those who were there know what I mean; 'nuff said...

so, there's nothing wrong with green cloud, sifu gus can now make his legacy.
    well, actually , there is something "wrong" with the term "Green Cloud" - not only is it a meaningless term (in terms of having anything to do with the tradition of a style), but from a philological perspective (and this is according to my current sifu who is a trained Chinese classicist) , it's bad form: that is, the qualitative aspect of the language would not "allow" for these two characters to be together - it's basically a mater of literary style...

unfortunately for Gus, and I do mean this sincerely, he has invested a significant portion of his livelihood in a name that is a mistake - and I'm guessing that it's conflicting to him, because while teachers in the TCMA community may care about being accurate with this sort of thing (and Gus does hold himself out as a "traditionalist" in that community), 99.9% of his paying clients couldn't give a crap, and in fact changing the name, from a marketing perspective, would be a nightmare (I mean, it took Cingular over a year to advertise its transition to AT&T, and that's a nationally recognized brand name to begin with!) and wouldn't make a difference after all is said and done anyway; and this is why he is on here "debating" the term and trying to come up with a justification as to why he should keep using it;

btw, as re: the Bible: the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew and was then translated to Greek; the New Testament was written largely in Greek, but some of it was translated from texts written in Aramaic or Hebrew

Blog Entries
    i know thats an issue for YOU GUYS to deal with.

now, i'm not disputing anything........totally on the outside on this one.

but, YES, when you insult my lineage (especially when i don't insult anyones-history is one thing) i will tell you about yourself, Quick!!!!

I'm no pyscho, but i am a devoted and loyal disciple of hung sing. and in OUR school, we protect that honor. I will and have handled things in regards to my sifu's honor and our schools. Yes, to others i may come across all crazy when you insult my school...........but one thing is for sure.......i'm a soldier!!!!! i fight for what i believe in, and i believe people shouldn't insult anyone's lineage without proper cause.

but from what i see, you guys DO have an issue with sifu gus. thats something you keep private in your own schools.

but don't take me wrong. i just don't think the issue of green, blue red or whatever isn't the big issue.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post

I am the head of Green Cloud since that is what my school is called.
    And no one has an issue with that.... we've both said that like 3 or 4 times already

last time I checked You were calling it the Green Cloud Monestary on your web site, not to say that you may not have changed it recently.
    straw men are really unecessary
    WE ALL CALLED IT THAT until we figured out our msitake

Frank did a great thing by putting up both charactrs SIDE BY SIDE, now you can see that they look very much alike, and they SOUND the same

As far as research is concerned until I see a picture of the monestery or visit in person witch is something that I will do I will not be conviced.
    so, now you're saying that Chan Tai San was a liar?

you can look at sifu's own handwriting (and it is very distinct) and see the character he wrote. Take it to ANY Chinese and they will show you the water radical
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

see a mistake is a mistake though.

its kinda hard to go back and erase what been done.

and to your guy's admission, dave ross made the mistake.....NOT sifu gus. to be fair, YOU guys fed him that information, right? so go light on him.

and to be honest, as far i know, there's a hand full of students, but you never hear who is the chose one for CTS. if you are......step up to the plate.

if its left open, then you all should honor CTS and make something of his gung fu.

if the words are really clear cloud, then historically fix the problem. but now sifu gus has an interesting story behind his schools name.

i'm sure if he changed it right now to clear cloud and made and explanation on his site, it would ease people into knowing why there's confusion.

but if sifu gus wanted to, using the GREEN CLOUD name, he can do what he wants in his school. It's clear you guys are all separate in doing your own thing.

but i would agree, historically, make sure the change is in place about the name.
    Hey Frank, Gus is a big boy and can fight his own battles. I don't even know where this concerns you.

And with certain styles, yes, my teacher appointed a head. It is in writing. We don't talk about it because there is no need. Plus, inside our group, everyone knows where everyone really stands. There is no plate to step up to.

And no one is ragging on Gus because of David's mistake. If you read everything with an unbiased eye, you'd understand that. We are ragging on him because he is perpetrating a lie at this point, for his own gain. We all know that there is no Green, but he still talks about it and our teacher like it's a real place.

But YOU are not helping anything by obviously going to bat for him.

And you said "IF the words are really Clear Cloud" - of course they are! Why would you even try to fan a flame by saying things like that? The proof has been displayed for all to see.

I don't see what you are trying to resolve here. Only gus can resolve this. You have nothing to do with it.

And I'm almost expecting you to start in with me now, because you may not like what I said. The truth of the matter is, this doesn't concern you. You are only getting involved because there is some kind of drama here and you are not happy unless you are involved in drama.

Blog Entries
    where does this concern me?

as most of you guys feel, and have said, its a public forum. when you publicly air your dirty laundry, others have to smell it. so if i'm smelling it, it has something to do with me.

not forgetting , sifu gus is a friend of mine.

Blog Entries
    actually you're wrong again........

because the very first time i ever saw those characters, i proved that you guys may be in the correct.

thats MY contribution.........

do me a favor, idk if its that NY thing, but do you always speak the way you do?

your tone makes me WANT to argue with YOU.

Blog Entries
    if it don't concern me.......

take it off the forum!!!!!

where does this concern me?

as most of you guys feel, and have said, its a public forum. when you publicly air your dirty laundry, others have to smell it. so if i'm smelling it, it has something to do with me.

not forgetting , sifu gus is a friend of mine.
    Right, but you are being 'invited' out of the discussion. There is nothing you can add to it positively, so anything you say/do will detract from what we are all trying to accomplish - that being RESOLUTION.

This is not one of your lineage wars or unprovable history items that you appear so fond of and that you beat into the ground. This concerns us, not you. Just because we are using the forum to communicate, doesn't mean that we asked you to pull up a chair and grab the microphone. So, why don't you just sit in the back and eat your popcorn like you said you were going to to.

cjurakpt Guest
    Dave & Mike: check your PM box...

I'm from NY Frank, born and raised here, and I think all my posts here have been factual, accurate and not personal in any way

The issues are public because web sites are public and this forum is public, and stuff is said on the web site and here on teh forum that are not correct.

Again (5th time?) if he wants to call his school "green cloud" why would any of us care?

We don't care that in the PAST he used that name in RE to Chan Tai San, becasue we ALL did

But NOW, in the present, we all know it isn't correct, so from now on, in RE to CTS and his Pai, dont' say it is "green"

pretty simple, no?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Frank, with respect, I think you are missing the point

No one is "going hard" on Gus for calling it Green Cloud, but for crying out loud, don't argue with us when we explain why it isn't really "green"

Since Gus never wanted to be bothered with learning any Chinese, as opposed to me who went to Graduate school to learn it, please don't try and argue with me about Chinese characters!

In all honesty, the real issues we have had with Gus are misrepresentations that have been perpetuated.

I've seen you go NUTS when a guy who is clearly a troll insults your sifu and lineage. Here we have a guy who is actually part of the tradition spreading mis-information

I have met students of Gus who have told me with a straight face that Gus was raised by CTS. Not only is Gus NOT an orphan, he met CTS when he was already in his 30's!

Pretty much all of CTS hing-dai get along just fine, and you don't see us pulling out the letters and red baai si books and laying the smack down because there is very little issue really inside the pai.....

Frank this is very thing I'm talking about. Everything that Dave sais about me is a lye for instance he tries to make you think that I didn't study with CTS till my 30's that's propostorous.

If you look at the vid of Sifu CTS in his apartment doing basics that was in 1990. The guys in the backround are Dave Mike and Yes that's me.

This is why you can't a believe a single word about what is said about me,,, it's done with extreme prejudice.

By the way in 1990 I was 24

"http://www.youtube.com/v/Jq8u73wIktQ&rel

actually you're wrong again........

because the very first time i ever saw those characters, i proved that you guys may be in the correct.

thats MY contribution.........

do me a favor, idk if its that NY thing, but do you always speak the way you do?

your tone makes me WANT to argue with YOU.
    No Frank, anyone speaking in a different way than you are not agreeing with all that you say makes you WANT to argue with THEM.

The truth is Frank, all you do is argue - it's what you do best. Besides bragging...you are pretty good at that too. Always talking about your accident, your handicap, your lineage Fut San Hung Sing, Lau Bun, your book, your project, etc. etc.

You know it's funny, but for a guy who goes around saying Saam Sing Yat Ga, you sure don't practice what you preach. You fight with every CLF person on here at one time or another. Funny though, they don't seem to fight with each other...just you.

And just because you can smell something Frank..doesn't mean you have to eat it. Try taking that one to heart and maybe yours will be healthier.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    IWe don't care that in the PAST he used that name in RE to Chan Tai San, becasue we ALL did

But NOW, in the present, we all know it isn't correct, so from now on, in RE to CTS and his Pai, dont' say it is "green"

pretty simple, no?
    that about sums it up - and the important thing to understand is that it has NOTHING to do with Gus per se - in other words, now that the truth is known, NO ONE should be using Green Cloud as relates to CTS; I mean, if someone who had nothing to do with CTS posted on their website that CTS's MA came from Green Cloud, and one of us corrected them on it, they would simply change it, no questions asked (and if they didn't change it, we'd justifiably be all over them about it); the only real problem is that Gus has his livelihood invested in the recognition of the name - I mean, he's free and clear about the "error" aspect - it wasn't his mistake, that's obvious; it's simply a matter of economics, and economics dictate that he keep the name; end of discussion

Frank this is very thing I'm talking about. Everything that Dave sais about me is a lye for instance he tries to make you think that I didn't study with CTS till my 30's that's propostorous.

If you look at the vid of Sifu CTS in his apartment doing basics that was in 1990. The guys in the backround are Dave Mike and Yes that's me.

This is why you can't a believe a single word about what is said about me,,, it's done with extreme prejudice.

By the way in 1990 I was 24

"http://www.youtube.com/v/Jq8u73wIktQ&rel

This is a lie (that's the way it's spelled).

When has David said that? Please show us.

This is what you do; you throw out some dissinformation to try to gain some credibility. You were in the school with me in 1991, when did David try to refute that.

THIS IS A LIE. DAVID NEVER SAID THIS.

This is from YOUR WEB SITE

Green Cloud has been around for several hundreds of years in Toisan China, producing many famous scholars, doctors, and Kung-Fu teachers, such as the famed Grandmaster Chan Tai-San, who is considered to be the foremost authority on Chinese Martial arts today. The revered master adopted a young American boy and passed down his lineage to the man we now call Sifu Kaparos. Sifu Kaparos has achieved Master ranking in this system and also holds 10 black belts in other systems of martial arts. The winner of several national titles and the feature of numerous national publications, Sifu Kaparos has been nominated to the Kung-Fu Hall of Fame. Sifu Kaparos is the head of Green Cloud in the U.S.
    It is claims like this on your web site that bring the grief down on you, and you have no one but yourself to blame!

"The revered master adopted a young American boy and passed down his lineage to the man we now call Sifu Kaparos"

OK, assuming you were 24 and not 31 (like I thought), you were certainly no "young boy" when you met CTS!

Again, your students go around telling people that you were an orphan raised by CTS! Are you going to say here that is true? I wonder where they got that story? hmmmmm?

"Grandmaster Chan Tai-San, who is considered to be the foremost authority on Chinese Martial arts today"

Do you realize that putting up stuff like that is not only insulting to other teachers, teachers who were friends of CTS, but it makes us look like "Shaolin Do"?

A respected sifu? YES. A recognized authority? YES. But your "hard sell" (and loose "facts") make the entire Pai look bad

"Sifu Kaparos has achieved Master ranking in this system and also holds 10 black belts in other systems of martial arts."

Do you want to yet again re-visit this issue? What 10 black belts do you hold and who gave them to you?

Please, show us what lies I've told about you? I've simply QUOTED your own web site