More stuff from Hong Kong

2 White Crane Sets.

Tien Gong Kyuhn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Be6ZoYde2c

Lohan Kyuhn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h8VSdxLDd4

Check out more cool forms from the Hong Kong Demo
    http://www.youtube.com/user/kungfu531

cheers. At first glance, it seems v similar to CLF, except theres way more kicks.

Tibetan white crane is a northern style....CLF is mostly a southern style ..

Tibetan white crane ,hop gar or lama pai have a lot of influenced from the tong bei quan ....
    and the kicking of bak sil lum....and the Shuai jiao(for throwing and wrestling)

Steeve
    Last edited by Steeeve; 11-22-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    More stuff from Hong Kong

2 White Crane Sets.

Tien Gong Kyuhn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Be6ZoYde2c

Lohan Kyuhn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h8VSdxLDd4

Check out more cool forms from the Hong Kong Demo
    http://www.youtube.com/user/kungfu531
    again thanks a lot

I notice their is a lot of seed fists in the TWC forms...I like Kaido's fighting intent forms more than their training basics forms...like it's just left uppercut, right uppercut...then he does a fighting technique kick groin punch face drop back deflect horse punch, turn spin etc...then the twc guys go right back into left uppercut, right upppercut

I got bored of kung fu dance a long time ago, it's gotta have fighting intent uno like eye of the tiger

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Tibetan white crane is a northern style....CLF is mostly a southern style ..

Tibetan white crane ,hop gar or lama pai have a lot of influenced from the tong bei quan ....
    and the kicking of bak sil lum....and the Shuai jiao(for throwing and wrestling)

Steeve
    Steeve, Lion's Roar and the Tibetan traditions are not "Northern" styles at all.

And to be fair, they have no connection to Baahk Siu Lum whatsoever, nor Tong Bei. It's easy to see how people might think that, seeing the many Long-Range strikes.

What most people don't know (outside of the tradition) is that there is a tremendous amount of close-range stuff in Lama. People mostly see the long-range techniques of Haap Ga and Baahk Hok and they think that the style is comprised mostly of long-range. This is untrue. Most of the basics are long-range, but Lama is mutli-dimensional; it uses much more than what you see in WC or HG.

Steeve, Lion's Roar and the Tibetan traditions are not "Northern" styles at all.

And to be fair, they have no connection to Baahk Siu Lum whatsoever, nor Tong Bei. It's easy to see how people might think that, seeing the many Long-Range strikes.

What most people don't know (outside of the tradition) is that there is a tremendous amount of close-range stuff in Lama. People mostly see the long-range techniques of Haap Ga and Baahk Hok and they think that the style is comprised mostly of long-range. This is untrue. Most of the basics are long-range, but Lama is mutli-dimensional; it uses much more than what you see in WC or HG.
    100% True, however I am not sure what you want to say with your last sentence. In TWC there is alot of short range technique, more then what I guess you might think?.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Gru Bianca View Post
    100% True, however I am not sure what you want to say with your last sentence. In TWC there is alot of short range technique, more then what I guess you might think?.

Peace
    I didn't mean to imply that TWC or HG DON'T have short range tech. I'm using the word 'LAMA' as a all uncompassing word for all three styles sometimes.

I didn't mean to imply that TWC or HG DON'T have short range tech. I'm using the word 'LAMA' as a all uncompassing word for all three styles sometimes.

Thank you for the clarification and thank you for your work.

Regards

Thank for the info Michael

Does the lama or lion roar are something to do with Tibetan Arts or its just a history(legend)? I mean like some style are from Hakka...We always classified style by North or south

But agree Lama is very different and dont fit in this classification

Steeve
    Last edited by Steeeve; 11-23-2007 at 12:36 PM.

Lions Roar was a martial art brought to China from Tibet. As the art spread it was divided into 3 systems known as Lama, Hop Gar and Pak Hok Pai.
    "Don't think,
    just train"

Pakhok

I read that also about the lion roar came from Tibetan ....and divised in 3 style like you said....But Does all this history is right .....the lama style seem to be very present in canton ....the province of hung gar .....like GM CTS is a toisan country from Guang dong(canton) province...

Mike respond to me about the long fist and thats very true....

But ur right dont think just train

Lion's Roar tradition arrived in southern China around 1840's and stayed there, so it's no surprise many figures are Guangdong residents. After Sing Lung, most had backgrounds and cross training in southern styles like Hung Kuen, Choy Lay Fut, etc....

Yet, to say Lion's Roar is "shaolin" is incorrect.

Read more at www.LamaKungFu.org

Pakhok

I read that also about the lion roar came from Tibetan ....and divised in 3 style like you said....But Does all this history is right .....the lama style seem to be very present in canton ....the province of hung gar .....like GM CTS is a toisan country from Guang dong(canton) province...

Mike respond to me about the long fist and thats very true....

But ur right dont think just train
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Thank David for the link....
    i know who you are and Micheal,Gus disciple of GM Chan Tai San in Lama pai and CLF

Does we could said CLF is in the same family of lama pai or lion roar or vice versa...dont want to start a war ...but just ask a question here....I mean does its the same

and thats very nice to open the doors to the public to show us ur Sifu teaching
    GM Chan Tai San about lama pai and CLF

Peace

Steeve

Thank David for the link....
    i know who you are and Micheal,Gus disciple of GM Chan Tai San in Lama pai and CLF

Does we could said CLF is in the same family of lama pai or lion roar or vice versa...dont want to start a war ...but just ask a question here....I mean does its the same

and thats very nice to open the doors to the public to show us ur Sifu teaching
    GM Chan Tai San about lama pai and CLF

Peace

Steeve
    CLF and Lama are not in the same family at all. Even though they share some techniques, each uses them differently, each has a completely different fighting strategy. Lama is very unique in it's combat theories; hopefully I will film some Lama in the upcoming weeks. David Ross will try to meet up with me to film some stuff as well.

No wars to start; we love both styles, as did our Sifu. Although David will probably agree, Lama is just a tad bit nastier than CLF.

I honestly feel I am now more of an MMA person BECAUSE I come from Lama Pai. The first principle of Lama Pai is "chaan" - to be ruthless, to do whatever it takes to win strike, kick, wrestle, lock or choke. This is Wong Yan Lam's lesson from the Lei Tai matches, he won with many different techniques, not one specialty

you can not say Lama Pai is "kicking" or "striking" or "wrestling" - it has many faces

The 8 character noble truth, the first "theory" of Lama Pai is basicly "to strike the vital areas while keeping your vitals protected" - this is why Lama Pai uses the "Chat Sing Bouh Faat" and "breaks/destroys the bridges" which makes it unlike most so called "shaolin" arts
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....