Thread: Iron Fist

Hybrid View

Meanwhile, there's Jessica Jones

I'm not a comic nerd so I don't really know her tale (I'm sure DS can fill me in at some point). It amuses me that they poached the cross-legged hoodie pose from The-Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Google is your friend Gene
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

lol

So is DS.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

DS said Jessica Jones was the first comic book anal sex

See? See sanjuro_ronin? That's hecka better than the Goog could've provided me. Good ol' DS. He always gives me the straight **** when it comes to comics.

That also explains the The-Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo allusion.

'Daredevil' season 2: Matt-Elektra's college romance; Punisher replaces Iron Fist?
    By Mangala Dilip
    | Updated: October 28, 2015 23:00 IST

Marvel's Daredevil Facebook/Daredevil

With solo TV shows for "Daredevil", "AKA Jessica Jones" and "Luke Cage", Netflix has become a haven for Marvel fans. We know that there will be four shows based on Marvel Universe characters on Netflix, but the presence of a sister show remains clouded with rumours.

It was earlier decided that "Iron Fist" series will debut on Netflix in 2016, but due to the rampant success of "Daredevil", the show's premiere has been pushed back. Now, with no news on the release date or cast, rumours are abuzz that the mystical martial artist may never make his debut, and he might be replaced by The Punisher.

Many theories suggest that the executive at Marvel are very pleased with Jon Bernthal's portrayal of Frank Castle in "Daredevil" season 2, which will premiere on 15 April, 2016. Although fans are yet to see him in action, Punisher is an anticipated character in the coming season, along with Elektra.

Meanwhile, time is running thin for "Iron Fist" and they are yet to lock down an actor for the lead role. It makes sense for Marvel to take a slight deviation from the originals plans settle on portraying the Punisher's story, seeing as he has already made an appearance in Hell's Kitchen.

In the season 2 trailer for "Daredevil" that was released at the New York Comic Con earlier this year, we saw glimpses of Elodie Yung's Elektra and Jon Bernthal's Punisher. They obviously have a huge role in the upcoming season, and their presence also means we might get flashbacks on Matty Murdock's (‎Charlie Cox) college life.

In the previous season, the show covered his childhood, and seeing as we are meeting Elektra for the first time, we might get to see their college romance. According to comic books she had left Matt and New York after her father got murdered, and joined The Hand as an assassin.

We will be regularly updating "Daredevil" archive as soon as new developments and updates hit, do not forget to check back here for the same.
    Article Published: October 28, 2015 23:00 IST
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Iron Fist: the Movie

Peel the Orange says the following:
    Well, as one of our sources pointed out last week, Marvel was considering replacing the Iron Fist series with a Punisher series. As it turns out, it could actually be a good thing for fans of Iron Fist, as we just received this email from a source who works within Marvel Creative but wanted to remain anonymous:

Marvel will be turning Iron Fist into a Netflix exclusive feature film. This will give Marvel extra time and a larger budget for this project. The Punisher will replace Iron Fist as one of the four Defenders.

Interesting. Take this with a grain of salt but that could be pretty cool. If you remember, this past summer the Netflix CEO said that they were open to making feature films for Marvel characters and this could be a way to start.

So was Jessica Jones worth splitting off into an indie thread?

Saw some good feedback on the social networks but didn't watch it myself. Let me know if y'all think it's martially-worthy to have its own thread here. Otherwise, we'll just leave it nested in Iron Fist.

Speaking of which:
    JEPH LOEB SAYS THERE'S 'NEVER BEEN ANY CHANGE' ON "IRON FIST"
    Fri, November 20th, 2015 at 3:50pm PST | Updated: November 20th, 2015 at 3:55pm
    Albert Ching, Managing Editor26

"Iron Fist: The Living Weapon" #1 cover by Kaare Andrews.

Since Marvel Television announced its Netflix plan two years ago, it's been quiet, news-wise, for one of the four main series: "Iron Fist." In an interview with CBR, Head of Marvel Television Jeph Loeb made it clear: Don't mistake no news for bad news, as plans are continuing unabated.

"There was a lot of speculation about what was going on with 'Iron Fist,' because [fans] hadn't heard anything about it, but there's never been any change at all," Loeb told CBR. When asked if fans can expect news in the near future on a star or showrunner, Loeb responded, "The short answer is, 'Yes, there'll be news.'"

This past July, an unconfirmed report surfaced that Marvel was facing creative hurdles with "Iron Fist," with the difficulty stemming from how to balance the many mystical elements of the comic book character with the much more grounded world of Marvel's other Netflix shows. Earlier this month, a widely circulated rumor stated that "Iron Fist" may be reconceptualized as a made-for-Netflix film, with a "Punisher" series taking its place -- a claim Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada rejected this week at a "Jessica Jones" premiere event.

According to Loeb, Marvel has deliberately held off on "Iron Fist" because he wanted to give "Jessica Jones," which debuted on Netflix today, the spotlight; especially given that she's a character that was largely unknown to mass audiences.

"We knew exactly what we were doing at Marvel and at Netflix," Loeb said. "Let's get ['Jessica Jones'] out there, everybody knows that 'Luke Cage' is up and going. What I can say right now is we're very excited about 'Iron Fist.'"

Marvel's first Netflix show, "Marvel's Daredevil," launched earlier this year, and a second season is now in production. The 13-episode first season of "Marvel's Jessica Jones" is now on Netflix, which introduces Mike Colter as Luke Cage -- who will headline his own Netflix series, "Marvel's Luke Cage," currently filming and developed by Cheo Hodari Coker. No actors or creatives have yet been announced for "Marvel's Iron Fist."

Following the "Iron Fist" debut, all four of the Marvel/Netflix heroes are scheduled to star in a team-up miniseries, titled "The Defenders."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Iron Fist showrunner announced.

According to CBR, Heroic Hollywood and ComicBook.com "Six Feet Under" and "Dexter" veteran Scott Buck will serve as showrunner on Netflix's "Iron Fist."

Marvel describes Iron Fist as follows: "Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist."

Those two shows (Dexter, and Six Feet Under), both on premium cable, certainly carried the dark tone that’s been established by the first two series, Daredevil and Jessica Jones, but little is known about the plan for Iron Fist so far. The character is by far the most all-out “superhero” out of the four Defenders, with a background that includes a mystical city, a superpowered punch, and kicking a dragon in the face, all pretty far afield of the light use of superpowers and mysticism we’ve seen on the shows so far.

No new timeline has been given for Iron Fist’s debut. Daredevil season two is next, coming Spring 2016, with Luke Cage season one later that year. Jessica Jones launched a few weeks ago to critical acclaim, so it’s possible a second season could be on the way there, as well.
    PS: Jeff Loeb is kind of a jerk!