Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Iron Fist

If Marvel isn't already making enough money...

Curious what price they'll bring and imagining what price the original MCU memorabilia might garner.

CULTURE & LIFESTYLE
    Published March 21, 2019
    Marvel Television Props & Costumes To Be Auctioned for the First Time Ever by Prop Store

Fans and collectors will have the opportunity to own an authentic piece of 'Marvel's Daredevil,' 'Marvel's Luke Cage,' and 'Marvel's Iron Fist'!
    BY MARVEL
    Prop Store, one of the leading film and TV memorabilia companies, in association with the world renowned Marvel Entertainment, has today announced it is hosting the first ever MARVEL TELEVISION live auction featuring original costumes, props and set decoration from "Marvel’s Daredevil," "Marvel’s Luke Cage" and "Marvel’s Iron Fist."

Over 750 lots will be offered in this first of its kind live two-day auction, taking place in August 2019 at Prop Store’s auction facility in Los Angeles County, California. In addition to live bidding, out-of-town fans can participate via telephone or online via www.propstore.com/marvel. You can now subscribe to receive e-mail updates about the auction and bidding opens in July 2019.

Chuck Costas, VP of Business Development & Operations for Prop Store, commented on the upcoming auction: “Marvel created ground-breaking television with the shows featuring their 'Street Level Heroes' including Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. The shows were true to their comic book roots, and fans can now celebrate these shows and appreciate the art that went into creating them by owning a real piece of their production."

Mike Pasciullo, SVP, Marvel Marketing and Communications, spoke about the upcoming auction: “The props and costumes created for these series are the living embodiment of the comics come to life. We’re happy to work with Prop Store to give fans this unique opportunity to own authentic iconic mementos that were used to create these beloved Marvel shows."

THREADS:
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Daredevil
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Disney+ reboot?

Iron Fist Being Rebooted On Disney Plus With New Cast
    By Christian Bone 3 days ago

According to recent reports, the odds are looking good for more of Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage in the MCU, following the cancellation of the characters’ Netflix shows. The same can’t be said for Iron Fist, though. The protector of K’un-Lun was always generally considered to be the least popular of the Defenders and it seems Marvel doesn’t want to continue the franchise as is. Instead, a reboot could be on the way.

We Got This Covered has heard from our sources – the same ones who told us the Inhumans were being rebooted in Ms. Marvel and that Marvel was considering recasting Hawkeye, both of which have since been confirmed – that Iron Fist will get a relaunch of some sort on Disney Plus. This would be a Marvel Studios project rather than a Marvel Television one, which means that Kevin Feige will have creative control. Apparently, Feige “hated” the Netflix series so he wants to start from scratch with the character. Specifically, Finn Jones will definitely not return as Danny Rand. Instead, an Asian actor is likely to be found to replace him.

Creating a new Iron Fist on Disney Plus would then allow for the hero to crossover with other corners of the MCU. In particular, he could appear in a future Shang-Chi movie, as we’ve previously reported. It’s unclear whether the new Danny will show up in a movie or his TV series first, but we’re told that Marvel definitely wants to redo the character and have him team up with Simu Liu’s Shang-Chi at some point.

If the studio was to recast any of the other Defenders, there’d probably be a huge outcry, but most fans will probably be on board with the decision if and when this comes to pass. With no offense intended to Jones though, who did the best with the material he was given. Sure, it might create some continuity hiccups – how can Netflix’s Iron Fist be non-canon if the other heroes are? – but it’d worth it if it improves on what’s come before.
    THREADS
    Iron Fist
    Disney+
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

nobody gives a s—

Daredevil actor says Marvel exec cut his storyline because 'nobody gives a s—' about Asian people
    By Rachel Yang July 26, 2020 at 08:28 PM EDT

JORDAN STRAUSS/WIREIMAGE

Marvel's Daredevil
    TYPE TV Show
    NETWORK Netflix
    GENRE Superhero

Daredevil actor Peter Shinkoda is alleging that a Marvel executive cut his and another actor's storylines on the show because "nobody gives a s—" about Asian people.

The actor made the allegations at a roundtable discussion during the virtual #SaveDaredevil Con this weekend. Shinkoda said former Marvel Television head Jeph Loeb, who was an executive producer on the canceled Netflix series, told the writers' room to scrap backstories for Shinkoda's Nobu and Wai Ching Ho's Madame Gao. Shinkoda is of Japanese descent while Ho hails from Hong Kong.

"I'm kind of reluctant to say this, but...I'm going to take this moment, but I have to because — because I just have to. I'm not into really protecting certain things anymore," Shinkoda said during the Zoom livestream. "Jeph Loeb told the writers' room not to write for Nobu and Gao — and this was reiterated many times by many of the writers and showrunners — that nobody cares about Chinese people and Asian people. There were three previous Marvel movies, a trilogy called Blade that was made where Wesley Snipes kills 200 Asians each movie. Nobody gives a s---, so don't write about Nobu and Gao, so they were forced to put their storyline down and drop it."

For example, Shinkoda said the writers dropped plans to explore Nobu's journey to America under the guise of a medical procedure so he could help Gao and the Hand carry out their Black Sky plans. The character appeared in Daredevil's first two seasons as a member of the Hand, a super-villain organization.

"All that backstory was dropped," the Canadian actor said. "The writers told me they regret it and they were reluctant to do it because they were stoked about including that in the storyline but they were prevented so I had to concoct this other storyline and rock that material I was given."

This is not the first time Loeb and Iron Fist have come under fire for their representation of Asians and Asian characters. Amid criticism that the show furthers the "white savior" trope — the series stars a white guy who masters martial arts in a secret Asian city, learns mystical Asian magical, and goes off to fight crime — Loeb decided to appear at San Diego Comic-Con in a karate outfit.

“I asked Jeph Loeb why Marvel in the 21st century was still doing ‘white guy becomes master of magic in Asia’ stories, and he looked me right in the eye and said it was because Danny Rand had to be an outsider," Katharine Trendacosta, Electronic Frontier Foundation policy analyst, tweeted at the time.

Loeb has also served as EP on numerous Marvel shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Legion, Jessica Jones, Runaways, and more.

EW has reached out to representatives for Shinkoda and Marvel for further comment.
    threads
    DareDevil
    Iron Fist
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips