Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loong Choo Kung Fu

Loong Choo Kung Fu

Hello

Joined the board a few weeks ago and have been having a look around.

I need some advise, There is a local Kung-fu class that I would like to join but, I cant seem to find any info(www) about this club.. Just wanting to know if it's a 'real" kung-fu or just made up

Thanks RUsty

loong choo sounds made up.

but why don't we start with what you do know about the club, like where it is located...
    what do they claim to teach?
    whatever you got.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 11-18-2007 at 02:56 PM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

http://www.southcom.com.au/~jbkoay/

You from the land Down Under? Where women rain......and men thunda.....

They call it Dragon Pearl...it's a combo of Emei or Southern Dragon and Shaolin, or something.

LOONG CHOO!!!!!

G'd Bless You! Here's a Tissue

Sounds very made up
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    LOONG CHOO!!!!!

G'd Bless You! Here's a Tissue

Sounds very made up
    True but seems more real than the MA style based on nordic runes.
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

Is Loong Choo the name of the style, or the name of the club?

I wouldn't mind going to Tasmania. Sounds like a great place to visit and study.
    Last edited by Dim Wit Mak; 11-18-2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Figure Eight

http://www.southcom.com.au/~jbkoay/

this link is the link, I was given via email... Loong Choo is a name by the sounds of it

Ask them what style they teach, and if they can not give you a definitive answer, they are fake.

neither Kung fu nor Shaolin are good enough answers.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Yeah, it sounds like the club name...same as Royal Dragon is my (currently defunct) Club's name.

No such style as Royal Dragon style. It's just the name I teach under.

Quote Originally Posted by russkris View Post
    Hello

Joined the board a few weeks ago and have been having a look around.

I need some advise, There is a local Kung-fu class that I would like to join but, I cant seem to find any info(www) about this club.. Just wanting to know if it's a 'real" kung-fu or just made up

Thanks RUsty
    Im from Tasmania originally - I have heard the teacher there is quite good but you never know until you check it out -go and check a class out.

Have a look and if its not for you check out Duncan Stewart - he teaches Ninjutsu at the Uni and is very good. There is not a great deal on offer down in Hobart so you need to be careful you dont waste your time with a bad school.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    Im from Tasmania originally - I have heard the teacher there is quite good but you never know until you check it out -go and check a class out.

Have a look and if its not for you check out Duncan Stewart - he teaches Ninjutsu at the Uni and is very good.
    Good at what?. Throwing stars, scaling walls, starring in cheesy Chuck Norris wannabe 80's movies...

is their actualyl a ninja fighting style?.

Yep its called Shaolin Do

What school is that one? I never got to climb up any walls or throw any ninja stars!!!!!!!

*Sigh*

"Upon entry into the 1st Quadrant, the members are called students. They are not permitted to wear the official emblem of the Society. The students train in the traditional black pants and singlets with a composite Dragon design. To proceed to the 2nd Quadrant, a Grading examination for the Lower Graduation Certificate is attempted. The examiners consist of 4 Seniors chaired by a Sinseh (Instructor/Teacher)."

Uh.....this is from their site..
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.