Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhang Zhuang

You have to realize something about old Davey boy. He will be defensive all day long against "mma meatheads" and then brag about his own training. The sad truth is that if he was truly proud of his training he would post a video of it as proof of its effectiveness. There are plenty of videos of the effectiveness of real workouts.

i dont understand how people can hate mma "meatheads" then sh1t on the most fundamental, beginner, bread and butter training of traditional kung fu.
    if you dont do stance training, then what the fuk are you doing?

david ross doesnt like stance training. so he trains sanda and mma. you guys sh1t all over traditional training then do forms or push hands. doesnt make a dam sense.
    Last edited by bawang; 07-11-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13gdhmVBJkI

3:00

this sh!t is bananas!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i dont understand how people can hate mma "meatheads" then sh1t on the most fundamental, beginner, bread and butter training of traditional kung fu.
    if you dont do stance training, then what the fuk are you doing?

and john wang posting video of his daughter in a pole dancing competition then calling people abnormal. the hell wrong with you??
    People only like to pretend they are doing real kung Fu. They watch Jet LI play Wong Fei Hung and imagine themselves standing in horse stance while cooking dinner. In reality these larpers are eating doritos and imagining how tough they are. And their real training? They run through the first few moves of a form while pretending to impress their wives.

There is no such thing as traditional Kung Fu training because it is too hard. Real Kung Fu strike training looks more like kickboxing training than hitting non-moving sandbags.

Blog Entries
    sh1t on the most fundamental, beginner, bread and butter training of traditional kung fu.
    To stand on both feet without bending the legs is not fundamental, beginner, bread and butter training of traditional kung fu. My teacher had never done it. I have never done it. And I'll never do it for the rest of my life either. It will never be my cup of tea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtUKTd2WKsc
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-11-2011 at 08:12 PM.

I pretended to be a Kung Fu larper and said I could stop a takedown with horse stance and iron palm. Tentigers lectured me on the need for cardio training and then puts up a thread about "special gong training". I am surprised nobody attaches weights to their nuts. Do you see the hypocrisy? Lightness training? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    To stand on both feet without bending the legs is not fundamental, beginner, bread and butter training of traditional kung fu. My teacher had never done it. I have never done it. And I'll never do it for the rest of my life either. It will never be my cup of tea.

i keep saying over and over, high post is for weak and elderly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattador View Post
    I am surprised nobody attaches weights to their nuts. Do you see the hypocrisy?
    ahem..

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Last edited by Lucas; 07-11-2011 at 08:19 PM.

let me make it clear. its understandable for white folks to be confused.

in northern kung fu, stance training is called "standing post". its not a special term in internal kung fu.

Blog Entries
    Why did people bring this clip into this discussion then?

Are those horse stances low enough?

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8641/horsestance.jpg

almost everyone does low horse stance when they start kungfu. i think it could depend on the style since some people havnt but most northern or southern style has you doing lots of low stances and not just horse stance.

your stance gets higher as you get older, but you still see some old guys doing low standing. i think it depends on if you stick with it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Why did people bring this clip into this discussion then?

because the guy who brought it up hasnt trained for 4 years and instead wrote science fiction.

bawang that picture is horrible lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    almost everyone does low horse stance when they start kungfu.
    not only is low horse stance standing post, there is even abdominal breathing and visualization of qi, in the low horse stance. if you are buddhist you can even chant mantras. this is standard songshan shaolin kung fu training.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    bawang that picture is horrible lol
    what