Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Zhuang

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As for Taoist texts, of course there are many, but it is safe to say that, if a text is at odds with the tao te ching and the zhuangzi, it is not useful from a taoist perspective. I find the tao te ching interesting in it's complexity, and the Zhuangzi essential in its simplicity. Without the Zhuangzi, Taoism is easily read as an avoidance of what is, but Zhuangzi is clear that those who laud their small little attainments compete with the way. I also find Sun Bu-er quite useful, thus my earlier comments regarding receptivity being required for creativity. From there, there's a number of other texts on specific practices, but even with these, it is vital to understand them in light of the aforementioned texts. As for texts about immortality, they are as laughable now as they were to Zhuangzi, though some of them may be beautiful and holding some meaning, even if they miss the point of being human.
    Since you appreciate the Tao Te Ching & Chuang Tzu, you may appreciate The Nei Ye since it precedes the Tao Te Ching as a Taoist Treatise.

Not that I am arguing....but if I was, I would've winned!

Quote Originally Posted by aussie1981 View Post
    Ah ok, beating olymic wrestlers isn't easy. Hasn't chen xioa wang put a few judo guy's on there arse or something? I see what you're getting at with the different levels, a huge problem is that it's all taught to slowly. Three years of this before a further three years of that....
    Who were the judo players? I could put a boxer or a wrestler or a judo player on his butt too.

In fact I choked out a brownbelt judo player who out weighed me by 40#-60# 4 times! He was not pleased with that. I didn't use any ZZ on him either. I just used a strategy he wasn't familiar defending against.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 07-26-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Since you appreciate the Tao Te Ching & Chuang Tzu, you may appreciate The Nei Ye since it precedes the Tao Te Ching as a Taoist Treatise.

Not that I am arguing....but if I was, I would've winned!
    If I were arguing, I would've winned first, you obviously don't know the six vectors of argument, it's a comment on the sad state of Taoist wordslinging, in the old days, you could hardly take three steps without a drunken Taoist master saying something about itself and another drunken Taoist master saying something about something said about itself.

Now? Boobie pics.

Since you are so well versed in the 6 Vectors of Argument, I am sure you are well aware that it actually started out as 3 vectors of argument from 2 different schools of Tao until one day the Chocolate Taoist Master got drunk and accidentally bumped into the Peanut Butter Taoist Master who also happened to be drunk. Once the one got his Chocolate into the other's Peanut Butter, well, the rest is history.....we got the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup 6 Vectors of Argument and thus my confidence I would've winned!

BTW: No More BOOBIES!!!

Sanjuro has retired from the forum!

Since you are so well versed in the 6 Vectors of Argument, I am sure you are well aware that it actually started out as 3 vectors of argument from 2 different schools of Tao until one day the Chocolate Taoist Master got drunk and accidentally bumped into the Peanut Butter Taoist Master who also happened to be drunk. Once the one got his Chocolate into the other's Peanut Butter, well, the rest is history.....we got the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup 6 Vectors of Argument and thus my confidence I would've winned!
    I know from the real deal masters that it was the peanut butter Taoist master that bumped into the chocolate master, what you are saying is more proof of the sad state of things.

He has? Really?

I know from the real deal masters that it was the peanut butter Taoist master that bumped into the chocolate master, what you are saying is more proof of the sad state of things.
    I expected such a response from a real deal master follower, because they are Pea-Nuts! Only false masters have to refer to themselves or have their students refer to them as "the real deal"!

My masters don't make deals, THAT is how you know they are REAL!

We also are not afraid to insult our competitors by using derisive symbols :

See how advanced we are?

He has? Really?
    Go to: Off Topic/Enjoy

It looks like it, but I can't say for sure!

I expected such a response from a real deal master follower, because they are Pea-Nuts! Only false masters have to refer to themselves or have their students refer to them as "the real deal"!

My masters don't make deals, THAT is how you know they are REAL!

We also are not afraid to insult our competitors by using derisive symbols :

See how advanced we are?
    I will humor you, but this is just me practicing ex-pea-dient means.

I will humor you, but this is just me practicing ex-pea-dient means.
    Uh..that's ex-peanut-ient butter means! What would you do without me to set you on the correct path to the Taoverse Diety!

Uh..that's ex-peanut-ient butter means! What would you do without me to set you on the correct path to the Taoverse Diety!
    Ah, another knucklehead influenced by the crunchy heterodoxy.

Ah, another knucklehead influenced by the crunchy heterodoxy.
    that would be the sound of you eating the Fraud Salad™

Thanks for sharing.

I do taixuquan.

Since my teacher wasn't Chinese, you wouldn't know him.

What is TaiXuquan? Could you please share?

I do not dispute the idea of the levels of practice at all.

I do dispute that the higher levels are attained by ZZ.

ZZ is best in making one aware of the routes of connection, if pressure here, it releases here, if release here, etc...

Which level or the 4 level have you and the best person you have seen attain in ZZ?

In allowing one to translate that into fighting ability, drills like tuishou, in short, training with others, are absolutely required.

To familiarize oneself with circuits in ZZ teaches one aspect. One's attainment in it, and one's own basic attributes, if that is the main tool used, will color their expression of energy when crossing hands with people, but to be able to translate zz into fighting from a perspective of dealing with energy, one has to face those other energies. ZZ without tuishou is empty of martial relevance to dealing with nuance of outside energy or receptivity of a color one does not know.

ZZ is a platform for one to train and experiments one's body mechanics, mind, Qi, awareness, intent, momentum. it is not a posture.

Thus, I have heard, in level 2 of ZZ one is doing Tuishou with the air.

because at that point the body has already attain the "one feather not landing state" . unless one has this attainment, one will not be able to know what is the advance level stuffs---- of small move is better then large move, no move is better then small move.

As such, ZZ alone cannot teach to deal with a competent fighter, and history has shown this. The fighters you named undoubtedly did other things more than zz,

As i have told YouknowWho,

This following is in the same post with my sharing of the 4 level. and obviously it was not read.

Standing stake is not a replacement of fighting experience.

Standing stake is a cultivation to make one's body, mind, strength, breath, momentum... whole to support the fighting requirements.

In fact, the levels of ZZ is related deeply with those people of 1930 and before who I mention. I got my information on the level from some one who study with these people.

As for Taoist texts, of course there are many, but it is safe to say that, if a text is at odds with the tao te ching and the zhuangzi, it is not useful from a taoist perspective. I find the tao te ching interesting in it's complexity, and the Zhuangzi essential in its simplicity. Without the Zhuangzi, Taoism is easily read as an avoidance of what is, but Zhuangzi is clear that those who laud their small little attainments compete with the way. I also find Sun Bu-er quite useful, thus my earlier comments regarding receptivity being required for creativity. From there, there's a number of other texts on specific practices, but even with these, it is vital to understand them in light of the aforementioned texts. As for texts about immortality, they are as laughable now as they were to Zhuangzi, though some of them may be beautiful and holding some meaning, even if they miss the point of being human.

Ok. for me, these are up to everyone's interpretation text. I wouldnt get into this because everyone's imagination is valid by themself.

I am into traditional Chinese martial art existing practice and process only.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    that would be the sound of you eating the Fraud Salad™
    Only Americans call it the fraud salad, in China, those who know the true path of the six directional orthodoxy of direction call it "Walking the Taco".
    You taco the walk, but can you walk the taco? Few know this to the eighth level of understanding, no one here has shown even second level understanding.

A hint, only by moving uni-directionally can you move in the six directions. In this case, move left.
    Last edited by Taixuquan99; 07-26-2011 at 10:08 AM.