Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Zhuang

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    What is TaiXuquan? Could you please share?
    Great Void Boxing, it's in the same family as the other taiji styles, resembles chen style to a degree.

Which level or the 4 level have you and the best person you have seen attain in ZZ?
    It's a vexed question in a way, as ZZ without tuishou does not lead to even level two of your list. The training is a holistic thing, except that, once one understands the circuits in ZZ, one expresses them more efficiently in tuishou, because they don't exist properly without someone else to give them context. At that point tuishou is the way and measure, until one can apply them without the limitations of tuishou, at which point they are in their true context, a martial one.

I have seen people at times at the highest level, but the more equal the practitioners, the more it becomes clear that perfection is a false idea.

ZZ is a platform for one to train and experiments one's body mechanics, mind, Qi, awareness, intent, momentum. it is not a posture.
    Thus, I have heard, in level 2 of ZZ one is doing Tuishou with the air.
    To do this, one is introducing a false influence, and thus is resisting to make something to yield to, or follow, or what have you. Without tuishou, without others, ZZ does not lead to martial knowledge. And tuishou ultimately replaces ZZ as the ideal way to train body mechanics in relation to others, i.e. martial.

because at that point the body has already attain the "one feather not landing state" . unless one has this attainment, one will not be able to know what is the advance level stuffs---- of small move is better then large move, no move is better then small move.
    This is where trying to disassociate ZZ from Taoism fails, it is Taoist at its heart. Big=less good, small=more good, nothing=ideal are arbitrary judgments. Before able to bridge, big is better than small. The relation falls apart. Big, small, and without motion are simply important things at times, but which is correct at the time depends on the situation.

obviously it was not read.
    It was read, but context is important. You relate it to fighting in one comment, and disassociate it in the next. Since the entire discussion is regarding fighting, it's best to stick with the related definition. As I said, they are holistic, if one uses ZZ for martial training, then its impact is definable, but YKW is correct, it cannot train all things, so that training ZZ alone, to whatever level, is a dead end if one is intending to use it for martial training.

I
    n fact, the levels of ZZ is related deeply with those people of 1930 and before who I mention. I got my information on the level from some one who study with these people.
    As already stated, they did not do ZZ alone, because ZZ alone could not give them the kungfu needed.

Ok. for me, these are up to everyone's interpretation text. I wouldnt get into this because everyone's imagination is valid by themself.
    They are major foundations of Taoism, and certainly some things are not debatable, but consistent in them. Labelling, x=good, y=bad, is consistently considered a waste of time. Non-acceptance of circumstances is considered a waste of time and energy. Lots of clear agreement. Since ZZ is a Taoist practice, they are highly relevant. Thus my comment about Zhuangzi's view on human pride in accomplishments, the greatest ZZ practitioner will never yield like a willow in wind, so being proud of good human yielding, or scowling at lesser ZZ, is laughable.

I am into traditional Chinese martial art existing practice and process only.
    It's a Taoist practice, there really is no getting away from that fact. It can be useful, imo, but it is only what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Great Void Boxing, it's in the same family as the other taiji styles, resembles chen style to a degree.

Thanks for your sharing.

are you one of these parctictioners?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCuf7hPcf5I
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-26-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Quote:
    ZZ is a platform for one to train and experiments one's body mechanics, mind, Qi, awareness, intent, momentum. it is not a posture.
    Thus, I have heard, in level 2 of ZZ one is doing Tuishou with the air.

To do this, one is introducing a false influence, and thus is resisting to make something to yield to, or follow, or what have you.

Without tuishou, without others, ZZ does not lead to martial knowledge.

And tuishou ultimately replaces ZZ as the ideal way to train body mechanics in relation to others, i.e. martial.

The above seems to be a reasoning thinking, however, why is

why those who are in second level and above said,
    As Chen Man-Ching said, " swiming in the air" " Training with the air"?

The key is to attain the state of "one feather cannot land" without that reasoning thinking is just thinking because one doesnt know what it is.

It was read, but context is important. You relate it to fighting in one comment, and disassociate it in the next. Since the entire discussion is regarding fighting, it's best to stick with the related definition. As I said, they are holistic, if one uses ZZ for martial training, then its impact is definable, but YKW is correct, it cannot train all things, so that training ZZ alone, to whatever level, is a dead end if one is intending to use it for martial training.
    I would not argue with you on this because if you dont want to read the trafic sign you could come up with 100000 reason which is valid for yourself. disregards of the trafic sign sit there for years.

Quote:
    because at that point the body has already attain the "one feather not landing state" .

unless one has this attainment, one will not be able to know what is the advance level stuffs---- of small move is better then large move, no move is better then small move.

This is where trying to disassociate ZZ from Taoism fails, it is Taoist at its heart. Big=less good, small=more good, nothing=ideal are arbitrary judgments. Before able to bridge, big is better than small. The relation falls apart. Big, small, and without motion are simply important things at times, but which is correct at the time depends on the situation.

Got nothing to do with Taoist or Taosim. but all to do with the attainment of Zhuang Gong Level 1.

Have you attain " one feather not landing" ?

Thanks for your sharing.

are you one of these parctictioners?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCuf7hPcf5I
    I don't think he is, they seem a bit too hard core for him;

but at least he's not one of these fairies...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2dZ...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post

My form requires sequins. For the six directional force.

My form requires sequins. For the six directional force.
    what is six directional force?

what is six directional force?
    If you do not know 6 directional force you cannot reach the highest levels of Kung Fu.

You can't learn it from any human person, you must ask the Taoverse Deity from a deep meditative state while performing Standing Steak in a nice Texas Barbecue sauce.

I doubt he would teach you a thing though, your soda pop bottle is full. Until you can empty it followed by an exceedingly hearty eructation you will be full with only your self. As long as you are filled with self there is no room for Tao!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post

That's not the famous Ben Dover is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    That's not the famous Ben Dover is it?
    Well, he was originally named Ben Lauden, but this caused a lot of problems, so he changed his name, first to Ben Meers, which led to a lot of hate mail from vampires, then finally to Ben Dover, and he is quite famous. He has so refined the first level of the six directional force that he has achieved "the feather no tickle", as well as "Carl Weathers no punk" and "Waylon Smithers loves Burns".

Well, he was originally named Ben Lauden, but this caused a lot of problems, so he changed his name, first to Ben Meers, which led to a lot of hate mail from vampires, then finally to Ben Dover, and he is quite famous. He has so refined the first level of the six directional force that he has achieved "the feather no tickle", as well as "Carl Weathers no punk" and "Waylon Smithers loves Burns".
    You forgot Ben Vereen!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    You forgot Ben Vereen!
    I once saw him lecture Peter Parker on how, with great power, comes great responsibility.

I once saw him lecture Peter Parker on how, with great power, comes great responsibility.
    Clearly you were not paying attention, it was a lecture on how being a dancer does NOT mean you are Gay, and with being a heterosexual dancer comes great responsibility!

Enter our latest online sweepstakes giveaway!

Enter to win KungFuMagazine.com's contest for STANDING QIGONG FOR HEALTH AND MARTIAL ARTS, autographed by Noel Plaugher! Contest ends 6:00 p.m. PST on 10/1/2015.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart