Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shaolin 5 animals

Blog Entries
    Hey, camels are fun to ride too.

i just love resting between a camels two humps like the pic shows.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

You know how hard it is to fine a pic of a wild beaver and NOT have the SPCA all over you ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Well, it's the weak of be kind to beavers........

so please everyone who has a beaver in their household......

grab your beaver, hug it, love it, rub it, make it purr.........i didn't know beavers purr, until i made one. WOW.

5 animals

leopard fist seems like possibly the least covered of the animals. Is it possibly not a good system?

Everyone on this thread is gettin slapped

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Well, it's the weak of be kind to beavers........

so please everyone who has a beaver in their household......

grab your beaver, hug it, love it, rub it, make it purr.........i didn't know beavers purr, until i made one. WOW.
    What the hell is wrong with all of you? One person mentions beaver and everyone in the thread starts cooning like middle school boys that just discovered a dirty mag.

Seriously, everyone that has posted in this thread is getting beaver-slapped....i mean beeyach slapped. I expect everyone to pm me their addresses in the next 7 minutes...

And I will be using a tiger claw too.

-Blake
    "Gungfu is not just about fighting."

"Repitition is the mother of skill."

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_allan View Post
    leopard fist seems like possibly the least covered of the animals. Is it possibly not a good system?
    The Leopard fist is included in almost every system I have seen, even in the Japanese ones (Hiraken).
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

5 animals

yes you're right sanjuro. there is even a clf set called golden leopard. what i meant was that in 5 animals, all other 4 animals have complete systems and it seems like leopard may be only a few forms, I was just wondering if anyone knew why this is?

If I recall my five animal studies correctly (I am long out of practice) each animal offers something unique physically. To emphasize one over another shouldn't be so much out of choice, but more from what your personal character expresses. I always liked dragon and crane movements for their fluidity (when I was younger) - I especially liked leopard for its speed.

But if I were to start training some serious Fu now, with all my physical limitations, I'd probably be focused more on snake and tiger.

Peace,
    Bob
    From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.

Blog Entries
    Southern Tiger,

Make Sure You Leave A Return Address, In Case Of "return To Sender" Happens.

I'd Like To Send You A Specially Wrapped Fu Jow My Darn Self. :d

AND YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE 5 CLAWED BEAVERS........

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_allan View Post
    yes you're right sanjuro. there is even a clf set called golden leopard. what i meant was that in 5 animals, all other 4 animals have complete systems and it seems like leopard may be only a few forms, I was just wondering if anyone knew why this is?
    Actually SD claims to have the entire golden leopard system. I have only seen pieces of it though. I do not know as to whether it is the same as the CLF variety.

The CLF form on YouTube labeled "Golden Leapord" is actually a bit incorrect. The form is Ping Jahng Kuen (level elbow form) however some lineages call it Gum Pow Ping Janhg Kuen or Golden Leapord Level Elbow form; however it is not an animal set persay but it does have the trademark CLF panther fist, but then just about every other CLF set has the panther fist.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    The CLF form on YouTube labeled "Golden Leapord" is actually a bit incorrect. The form is Ping Jahng Kuen (level elbow form) however some lineages call it Gum Pow Ping Janhg Kuen or Golden Leapord Level Elbow form; however it is not an animal set persay but it does have the trademark CLF panther fist, but then just about every other CLF set has the panther fist.
    I am learning this set right now from a friend and he said the same thing about it being a leopard form . I know that CLF , at least in GMDFW's CLF, there is a Goldern Leopard form and a Tiger vs. Golden Leopard form a part from this one.( level elbow)

There is a Panther vs. Tiger form in CLF, not sure if the "golden" is used in all lineages. Typically it would be Pow Ying Chak Fu Ying (Panther vs. Tiger). I have never heard of a gum pow ying kuen set only pow ying kuen as it is one of the 10 animal sets in CLF. If you look at DFW list of forms "gum pow" or "golden panther" is only used in the 2-man set.

There is a YouTube clip out there that say Golden Leopard/Panther, which is the Level Elbow set. Reason I know is they are from my lineage.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 11-28-2007 at 05:26 PM.

leopard

this is all very interesting. what i want to know is, panther is supposedly the northern version of leopard yet it seems like its a big part of clf which is southern. why is panther used then?

No the chinese "pow" just translates to either panther/leopard. Some people say panther fist some say leopard fist. It is the same thing.