Thread: Hitman

Hitman

No, I didn't see it. But our media columnist did. Read HITMAN: May the Force Be with You Luc by Dr. Craig Reid.

We'd have had this up by the premiere but we took a break for T-day.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

First positive review I have read about that movie, though the others weren't saying that the movie sucks per say, but this one is for more postitive and very well thought out.
    Nice.

And she looks hot
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i'm gonna see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I have not personally seen it. Admittedly, the very first trailer that was shown didn't really impress me that much. But since then, they have shown others.

Regardless what other people say, I will probably go to see it so I can decide for myself if it is good or if it was a waste of my money.

**I value other people's input and opinions, but only I know what I like.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    No, I didn't see it. But our media columnist did. Read HITMAN: May the Force Be with You Luc by Dr. Craig Reid.

We'd have had this up by the premiere but we took a break for T-day.
    That article actually makes me want to see it even more than I already did.

Hitman: Agent 47

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Greetings,

Gene's review was incredibly short of positive. The use of the revered Prisoner series at the beginning had me a little confused because there was littler connective to the movie(s) mentioned; then, very Zen like, it came to me that Gene was using an anvil to smash a flea, an unprecedented overkill.

mickey

roflmao mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    then, very Zen like, it came to me that Gene was using an anvil to smash a flea, an unprecedented overkill.
    Yeah, you feel me.

The one thing that did come out of this is I've started watching old episodes of Danger Man (listed as Secret Agent on Hulu+, but lacks that U.S. opening signature song). I was a huge fan of the Prisoner and only saw a few episodes of Danger Man, but always respected it as a precedent. McGoohan rocks as John Drake. I love the way his character is so low tech (kinda had to be as there really wasn't much tech in the 60s) and the fact that he gets his butt whupped a lot, but still prevails. It's a great old show and I'm really enjoying it, especially the jazzy soundtrack and the way McGoohan works a cig in every freaking scene.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hi Gene,

The Danger Man series was great. A great many fans of The Prisoner insist that there was a Number 6/Drake connection. but if you took the Number 6 character and tried to make an agent out of him, it would not work. He would be too hard to control because he had his own set of rules that he would not compromise.

The soundtrack highlighted the embrace of jazz throughout the UK and Europe, especially so with the use of the harpsichord in the main theme to the show. It was during the time of the harpsichord that the figured base, a form of improvisation, came about in Europe. Oftentimes, historians make reference to the figured base when writing/talking about jazz. Yet, its use in the soundtrack signified more than an embrace, it signified an excitement about the possibilities of the new music that was slowly taking on the world. So, in some ways, something old is new again.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 08-31-2015 at 04:00 PM.

I feel ya

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    A great many fans of The Prisoner insist that there was a Number 6/Drake connection.
    It's hard not to make that connection because McGoohan is such a character actor and imbues both characters with similar mannerisms. I think the connection is more behind-the-scenes. McGoohan created The Prisoner in the wake of Danger Man so there's somewhat of a reactionary tone to the whole spy genre. Ironically, I just watched the episode of Danger Man titled 'the Prisoner,' which has no connection whatsoever really. It's just coincidental. But to quote that great Bond villain Auric Goldfinger 'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.'
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips