Thread: Bone Marrow Washing for Amatures?!?

Bone Marrow Washing for Amatures?!?

Up at local "kwoon", if you will, they are teaching bone marrow washing to white belts. Do you think this sounds right, or is it an advanced technique that should only be practiced after many years of martial and qigong training?

That's rediculous. It takes at least a couple of years to get to the marrow washing stage. It's not that it should be practiced until after becoming proficient at martial/qigong training, it is simply that it can't be practiced until one is proficient at martial/qigong training.

True
    at least the marrow nei kung I've experamented with is very difficult. I actually quit practicing it, I'll take it back up when I'm ready!
    Bless you

bone breathing is actually one thing an amature can do, other than that work on small heaven and concentration, you need small heaven for marrow washing.
    Bless you

beginner bone marrow washing

While I'd agree that it's a deep technique, there's no reason why a beginner can't practice the postures of bone marrow washing. It's doesn't have the potential for harm as some other practices might have. Some students just study this form, and they have to begin somewhere.

Xisuijing
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I don't thinkin' of it as dangerous, just so advanced it would be done improperly. I, personally, haven't started it yet. I hear your supposed to do the muscle tendon changing classics before bone marrow washing...

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    I don't thinkin' of it as dangerous, just so advanced it would be done improperly. I, personally, haven't started it yet. I hear your supposed to do the muscle tendon changing classics before bone marrow washing...
    It's not a matter of doing it improperly, it just cannot be done. Similarly, nobody can read or write until they know thier ABC's. But one can most definitely hurt themselves attempting the practice without being properly trained.

Small heaven circulation before anything else qigong wise ( my opinion is even before taijiquan) . Got to learn to circulate energy first.
    Bless you