Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheng Man Ching's Form

wow! that's neat! i liked the fencing--we don't see too much of that anymore.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

That was cool, I don't know a lot about Chen Man Ching’s style of Yang Taiji, but the foot raising thing is similar to something we do in Wu style.
    "Until you lean the difference between strength and power you can not defeat me"

Hmmmm

If I'm right the video there was taken up to about a year before Prof died after he left and went back to Taiwan.
    Although for the camera he makes use of showing some clear aspects of yielding and attack he is also pretty freeform and so the lifting up of the foot is one of those things that some students would copy it thinking it was the wat forward.

A lot of the American students tended to copy his every motion and some of his mistakes too and missed on some of the essence of what he was teaching.

The lineages of the Taiwanese disciples has a stronger line and has lasted more intact I feel than the American students because they managed to get more out of Prof.
    This is my undertsanding anyway.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Cheng Man Ching's Form

Check this out this is my sifu doing Cheng Man Ching's form with one of his young students... This kid is pretty **** good...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=23021509

Today would've been Zheng Manqing/Cheng Man-ching's 112th Birthday!

Happy 112th Birthday Zheng Manqing (aka Cheng Man-ching) (郑曼青)!

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2014/07...nqing-aka.html

He promoted yang tai chi in Taiwan and the western world.