Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ground Proofing DVD

LOL !
    Vlad likes to do silly stuff at demos every so often.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    these are the same people who sell a DVD on using Psychic powers on an attacker...

systema has a very cult like mentality, so to argue about it is a waste of time, again I will suggest that the people who actually can demonstrate skills all use mats to learn to grapple (BJJ, Sambo, Judo, Wrestling)
    Sorry, but what a load of bolly-ollocks.

As far as working without mats goes, nothing "fake tough guy about it" (er bit difficult to fake being thrown?) simply gets people used to working in an envrionment that isn't padded....

Also helps work shock aborption which crosses over into other areas.

I guess calling us a cult obviates the need for rational argument or actual research on your part, so I'll go back to chanting and banging my head against the (unpadded) wall

R
    www.systemauk.com
    "Remember it's not a move, it's just a movement" Vasiliev

Quote Originally Posted by bob10 View Post
    Sorry, but what a load of bolly-ollocks.

As far as working without mats goes, nothing "fake tough guy about it" (er bit difficult to fake being thrown?) simply gets people used to working in an envrionment that isn't padded....

Also helps work shock aborption which crosses over into other areas.

I guess calling us a cult obviates the need for rational argument or actual research on your part, so I'll go back to chanting and banging my head against the (unpadded) wall

R
    FAKE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnM...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by bob10 View Post

blah blah secret government assassin training blah blah blah blah Russian mind control blah blah blah blah let's play survivalist and dress in fatigues blah blah blah
    I'm sorry, who are you again?

As I said, I think the DVD on moving your opponent with psychi energy was the last nail in the systema coffin
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I can move my opponent with psychi energy, the energy travels from my brain, down my arm to my fist ( for example) and travels to the opponent in the shape of a right cross on his jaw.

Disbeliever !!

There is some really interesting stuff that has comer out of sambo - I like Scott Sonnen's bodywork stuff - but I've seen Systema knife work first hand - AND IT WOULD GET YOU KILLED. Period.

So on that basis, I cannot recommend it.

Case in point: There was a Systema master here in Chicago. He was killed. Knife and gunshot wounds, I believe. Sometimes it is very dangerous, the things you choose to believe.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    There is some really interesting stuff that has comer out of sambo - I like Scott Sonnen's bodywork stuff - but I've seen Systema knife work first hand - AND IT WOULD GET YOU KILLED. Period.

So on that basis, I cannot recommend it.
    scott sonnons stuff is more out of systema than sambo. he went to russia because of sambo and then discovered systema, although i think its a slightly different line to mikhail, vlad, etc.

re: knifework. i dont think your supposed to take it literally. IMO systema is closer to a contact/partner bodywork method than a martial art. wd40 for all martial arts if you will

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    LOL !
    Vlad likes to do silly stuff at demos every so often.
    have you met vlad in person?

Quote Originally Posted by stricker View Post
    scott sonnons stuff is more out of systema than sambo. he went to russia because of sambo and then discovered systema,
    I am pretty sure that Scott Sonnon will NOT say he is in any way affiliated with systema... his method is called "ROSS" (ironic, aint it!) and comes from Spironov (sp?) brank of SAMBO

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

re: knifework. i dont think your supposed to take it literally.
    you can't be serious? the systema guys all think they are doing the "deadly" .....

My buddy Sam got booted from a Systema seminar as they tried to demonstrate their 'deadly' knifework to him. They suggested he try and resist. He did. Everyone got stabbed, except Sam. So he got booted out.

I had a similar experience.

They all felt they were very deadly. Here in Chicago I noticed a lot of Aikido people attracted to it. Which should say a lot.

Now - I think they do have some worthwhile stuff, bit globally, I think they are fooling themselves.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

I am pretty sure that Scott Sonnon will NOT say he is in any way affiliated with systema... his method is called "ROSS" (ironic, aint it!) and comes from Spironov (sp?) brank of SAMBO
    yeah well theres the typical martial arts history bull**** going on.

the shockability and softwork dvds are almost identical to what they do in systema. look at how sonnon strikes and how mik and vlad strike. look at how a sambo guy strikes.

sonnons groundwork and takedowns stuff, sure thats totally different...

of course systema guys will slate sonnon, sonnon will slate systema blah blah blah, just compare the material...

apparently there were lawsuits filed sonnon vs systema on dvd material etc

you can't be serious? the systema guys all think they are doing the "deadly" .....
    er, no, you can't be serious? i dont believe anyone could be stupid enough to think the slo mo knife sparring etc they do is real or supposed to be real? correct me if i'm wrong bob10? i just assumed it was a drill

yeah well theres the typical martial arts history bull**** going on.
    ah, so you just chose to believe the system version of bull**** history?

on Sonnon's side, we know there is a very real art of sambo that has been along a very long time. Sonnon's teacher coined the term "ROSS" and they are upfront about it. Systema? Find me anything that used that term in say 1970?

Russian martial arts are a lot like Chinese martial arts, lots of fluff and a dependence upon people who don't know much about the details

have you met vlad in person?
    Yes, nice guy actually, did a few of his classes in the 90's.