Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alcahol free zone at events?

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Forgive me for stating this opinion but, Why in the sam hill FUK would you take your 11 year old to one of these events? You may as well take him to a WWF event because its the same thing as taking him where you did,only difference is that the fighting is real at ring of fire. But its the same white trash dyptheria ridden crowd with all the scumbags coming out of their sh!tholes to go see some glorified violence.
    As the song says "TEACH, your children well"

Peace,TWS
    Because Ring of Fire the best local MMA in Denver... And his wrestling coach was on the fight card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    'S why I asked them. The stuff in the ring girls thread is what I was seeing. But I've know many of these charactors long enough to know that A) they would try to tone it down around kids and B) thier responces would likely be similar to the responces of the owning organization. When trying to figure out how a typical MMA fan would react to something, you ask the typical MMA fan, not a tennis fan, right?
    Well...the alcohol is probably having a part in why they were being so vulgar... at least they didn't hit on you in front of your kids!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I can't even go out to dinner with my kids at a sports restaurant because of what Becca is describing. There is always some guy, or group of guys, who get drunk and think it's their right to yell and curse at the top of their lungs at the TV screen.

I haven't seen a sports bar in years... stupid Army...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I hate to say it, but it might not have bugged me so much if they had actually watched the fight... My son was even rolling his eyes when the biggest loud-mouth kept asking dumb questions like "who's on bottom" and "wasn't that guy in the last fight?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Forgive me for stating this opinion but, Why in the sam hill FUK would you take your 11 year old to one of these events? You may as well take him to a WWF event because its the same thing as taking him where you did,only difference is that the fighting is real at ring of fire. But its the same white trash dyptheria ridden crowd with all the scumbags coming out of their sh!tholes to go see some glorified violence.
    As the song says "TEACH, your children well"

Peace,TWS
    Actually, WWE events aren't that bad- they're almost family friendly- (usually a couple of semi-nude women and some "bad" wrestler usually has some mild vulgarity as part of their act). WWE won't allow things to go too far, even the fans- they sell toys and such- kids are a big part of their target demo.

No, MMA has degraded. It's a circus full of A**holes. I hate the pageantry, I hate the vulgarity, I hate the fans, I pretty much don't like the sport and what it's become- 'specially after bodog got involved. I do like watching the IFL, I think that MMA could be somewhat rescued- but it's heading in a bad direction. Where's the class? (I don't like "dancers" in the NFL either) tapout tv, this is martial virtue?

Becca- you'd need a serious league with serious athletes to get any kind'a respectablility back into MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I haven't seen a sports bar in years... stupid Army...
    Where you stationed? What town, kasern. I might be able to point you in the right direction.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia