Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Truth about John Keehan (AKA Count Dante)

Truth about John Keehan (AKA Count Dante)

If you never heard of Count Dante go here.

http://www.countdante.com/countdante.html

If you do, here is a thread I found in Japanese Martial Arts Forum. Take it for what is worth.

http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/show...5&pagenumber=1
    Engrish does not mine strong point.

The 1970's black belt article is the same story as the one I got from my old Green Dragon Society gung fu teacher, who was a student through that whole period and beyond.

John Keehan may of been able to fight but he was a sure-fire nutcase. I remeber seeing an old conditioning flyer from that school which showed a method they did which consisted of breaking the bones of ones hand with a hammer so the bones would fuse and become strong. Talk about insane, what is more insane is that some of his students did it, at that time in Chicago during the late 60's and 70's it was a whole different world, I am talking Little Dragon here.
    Regards

The only thing more dangerous than a nutcase, is a nutcase with training!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

In thebook "Kung Fu: History, philosophy and technique" towards the back of the book there is a description of a Kung exercise wherein a practitioner breaks all the knuckles of his hand by striking a large stone.

When the hands heal, the stone is again continually struck until the hands are as hard as that stone.

These kinds of kungs are NOT widely practiced and probably are not suited to your average martial artist these days. But then, neither are some of the more "rigourous" exercises found in Shaolin Kungfu. People just don't want to do that stuff anymore.

So, we can surmise that the masters of old were likely much more formidable than anyone alive today due to the archaic and tough measures they would take to be at the pinnacle of martial ability.

food for thought.

cheers

p.s Dante is a whole other bucket of peaches
    Kung Fu is good for you.

his ads in the back of comic books

and the funny photos of him grimacing, are strangely similar to the pictures on the covers of many current martial arts publications

Looks like he was one tuff guy.
    ***SONIC KICK***

not

Not that that there's anything wrong with that!

Looks like he was one tuff guy.
    ***SONIC KICK***

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    In thebook "Kung Fu: History, philosophy and technique" towards the back of the book there is a description of a Kung exercise wherein a practitioner breaks all the knuckles of his hand by striking a large stone.

When the hands heal, the stone is again continually struck until the hands are as hard as that stone.

These kinds of kungs are NOT widely practiced and probably are not suited to your average martial artist these days. But then, neither are some of the more "rigourous" exercises found in Shaolin Kungfu. People just don't want to do that stuff anymore.

So, we can surmise that the masters of old were likely much more formidable than anyone alive today due to the archaic and tough measures they would take to be at the pinnacle of martial ability.

food for thought.

cheers

p.s Dante is a whole other bucket of peaches
    But how would we type so much here if all our hands were broken and fused together?!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Dunno about you Serp, but I wouldn't have a problem ... if you know what I mean
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Wow. Such control!

Trouble is, though I have the control, I'd always be pressing like, six keys at once.

I'd need a jumbo size keyboard.

And the dude had great hair!
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Originally posted by Serpent
    Wow. Such control!

Trouble is, though I have the control, I'd always be pressing like, six keys at once.

I'd need a jumbo size keyboard.
    I was talking about typing with my nose. What were you talking about?
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Toes?

I got big feet?

Nah, you're not falling for it, are ya....