Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Hung, Choy Li Fut, Uknown, and Mantis Player

David

Dont want to bull**** you

but the mantis is not Chaat sing tong long beng bu ....but GMChiu Chuk Kai Taiji Tong long Beng bu....7 star beng bu is different .....

Steeve

Eric Ling doesnt post here anymore..I remember his post when he left this forum and all the bashing he recieved after he left...

guess who just replied with his masterfull vision on youtube (the first vid)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    David

Dont want to bull**** you

but the mantis is not Chaat sing tong long beng bu ....but GMChiu Chuk Kai Taiji Tong long Beng bu....7 star beng bu is different .....

Steeve
    I breifly glanced at it, so quite possible

I got the unknown set correct
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Laukarbo View Post
    Eric Ling doesnt post here anymore..I remember his post when he left this forum and all the bashing he recieved after he left...
    It's too bad that he was chased off, from what I hear he was a great contributor and is a great source of info. I guess that's what happens on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    It's too bad that he was chased off, from what I hear he was a great contributor and is a great source of info. I guess that's what happens on this forum
    u know this board is not the WORLD its just a forum..for me its like a bar where u go in and have a beer and chat..some talk bullschit some share knowledge etc.
    Eric still contributes on other forums..how much u can contribute on forums anyway ?
    its a good way to share knowledge and informations..and on some forums like this u need a thick skin or learn to ignore some posters or like Eric not giving a F and just leave it..no big deal I guess..I sort of like it here..but more in an entertaining way...

Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Lik View Post
    Here is Pt. 1 of video i have from a old Hong Kong Kung Fu tournament. The first player appears to be Hung Ga, followed by a Choy Li Fut, Unknown Style, and a Praying Mantis player. I don't know these peformers. Just wanted to share. Any information or opinions welcome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUO6OcezmU

Tai lik
    Well, I try to live by the maxim, If you don't have anything nice to say... .

Not being a practitioner of any of these styles, I can't comment on how they might stack up against others from the same or similar systems. But in general: at least the second guy looked like he had a grasp of what it means to be rooted--and even had stretches where he looked to have his balance. The others, not so much.
    A man, as long as he teaches, learns. - Seneca

strangely, this seems to be ME doing the same set (Tiger Crane)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlmylIA0_w

Mike (Lama Pai Sifu) digging through all the OLD tapes
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....