Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new wing chun school

The Vietnams Wing chun under nguyen te cong has chi sau with tan and fook sau, there not ym or yks.

You didnt point out anything, the reson i said there are pollitics in wing chun is because of egos, look in the mirror.
    what wing chun system do you do edmond do you enjoy it? do you have the long pole form or is it the shorter form? i ask because im interested about wing chun not to say your story has faults but to ask about ur systems. we are always learning if you are open to it.
    I remember reading a quote about a famous yip man student who when asked if it was possable if there was wing chun in a communist country like vietnam that it was impossable.
    Glad there are people with a open mind and not just people like yourself with a closed mind

Quote Originally Posted by n.mitch View Post
    The Vietnams Wing chun under nguyen te cong has chi sau with tan and fook sau, there not ym or yks.
    Well I'm ready to learn more about it but I don't think that is the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJNUy3O1kag

You didnt point out anything, the reson i said there are pollitics in wing chun is because of egos, look in the mirror.
    what wing chun system do you do edmond do you enjoy it? do you have the long pole form or is it the shorter form? i ask because im interested about wing chun not to say your story has faults but to ask about ur systems. we are always learning if you are open to it.
    I'm sure it does have faults. I don't mind finding out more about the various systems of WC I have studied even if it proves an old story wrong. Does it make a difference?

I've learnt 3 systems of WC: YKS, YM and Pan Nam. They all have dodgy aspects to their histories (Monks and nuns and stuff). I'm not freaking out about it being pointed out though.

Does having a fancy history suddenly make a system awesome?
    OR having an inaccurate history make a system bad? Of course not.

I remember reading a quote about a famous yip man student who when asked if it was possable if there was wing chun in a communist country like vietnam that it was impossable.
    Glad there are people with a open mind and not just people like yourself with a closed mind
    So HE'S the one with the open mind denying any Vietnamese WC?

I'm the one who's learnt multiple styles of WC.
    How open does my mind have to be? I got to work out a way for your story to make sense now or I'm being political?

Thumbs up

Sorry for not being clear Edmond, I meant to say that you and the famous instructor"s statements are the same that of a closed way of thinking.
    All i wanted to say is everyone is welcome to train at the school, if you have trained in wing chun before there is a chance that our system is a little different, but thats always fun, to explore new training, and that a style is a mainland style

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
    Well I'm ready to learn more about it but I don't think that is the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJNUy3O1kag
    Maybe it's just me...

But how do these schools get so many students? And then...get them to dance with each other?

Must be a marketing thing.

Nuts, I tell ya.

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Maybe it's just me...

But how do these schools get so many students? And then...get them to dance with each other?
    It's all about having the right music in the kwoon....
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Has any one on the forum studied the Vietnames style of wing chun? how was it?