Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G. I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra

G. I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra

Darth Maul to join G.I. Joe

Those fans of G.I. Joe will be breathing a little easier today, after news of who will be portraying the man behind the mask of Snake Eyes in the upcoming live action flick. Fan favorite, and one time Sith Lord, Ray Park has been given the nod.

Most famous for his role as the be-horned Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode 1 – the Phantom Menace, Ray Park has been on the top of many fans lists to portray Snake Eyes from the beginning. Also starring as Toad in the original X-Men film, Park is a master of various martial arts, including Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and wushu.

One of the original members of G.I. Joe, and a key character throughout the comic books, the casting of Ray Parks as Snake Eyes has brought a little stabilization to the movie. After the casting of Sienna Miller as (at first look) the Baroness, fans got a little jumpy. The plot line wasn’t helping much either, and the Hasbro had to publically reassure fans.

This casting announcement though, will definitely do what 10 press releases never could.

Joshua S. Hill
    12/5/2007
    Source: Slash Film
    More on Ray Park - Ray Park and Martial Arts:
    Part 1 From China to Star Wars and beyond
    Part 2 A REGULAR TOAD IN THE HOLE
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

yeah people were ****ed at the story line because the joe's are not based in america but in europe. and now i'm hearing hasbro is changing that.

Why would they be based in Europe?

I probably won't be too interested in this. The best stuff always had to do with Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes, and I see this being more of a Duke/Flint kinda movie with Snake Eyes as the silent ninja he always was in the cartoon.

When the comics were doing the Ninja Force stories they were off the chain.

Talking

well G.I.joe leadership is duke and flint so ofcourse it has to be about them. snake eyes is the wolverine of joe the fan favorite, so you7 know if this kicks ass he's getting his own flick. as for being based in europe it had to do with them being more international, but joe is truly an american creation. a real american hero, so ofcourse fans are gonna flip on the story and casting its gotta be perfect. seanna miller was a good choice to me i don;t know why other fans had hate but i like her. now lets see who is going to play cobra commander, i vote for jim carey.

Are the crimson twins Tomax and Xamot going to be part of the film?
    1 Sam. 16:7

probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Why would they be based in Europe?

I probably won't be too interested in this. The best stuff always had to do with Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes, and I see this being more of a Duke/Flint kinda movie with Snake Eyes as the silent ninja he always was in the cartoon.

When the comics were doing the Ninja Force stories they were off the chain.
    Why europe?
    Maybe because most of the world is kind of tired of "american military might".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

well its going to be based in the U.S. again G.I.Joe is an american hero

last I heard G.I. Joe would mean something G meaning Global... the plan was to make them a UN sanctioned force rather than US Military.

yeah that what the original script said. it might not happen that way. the studio is in a big debate over this right now. their investing alot of money in this film and they want it to be perfect.but they can't please everyone

It does seem strange to have it be an "American hero" going after a rather nebulous group like Cobra. I mean, Cobra had literally no affiliation with anything in particular... except Corba-la if you count that as a country. Sure there were some cold war Soviet tones to it... but Cobra seemed to have been bent on world domination with no paritcular ideology behind it. I mean, maybe I'm over-reaching... the whole thing was aimed at 8 year olds.

There should be a Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow movie. No one else matters because no one else is interesting. They're just Government Issue Joes. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow actually have a story, and their origins are clearly not in the US government. They gotta play that up. They're blood brothers from the same ninja clan fighting on opposite sides. Plus, they've both got I Ching trigram tattoos.

I liked the cartoon and think this could be a decent film if.......they get the money and the right cast. They need to get ''Transformers'' money to pull this off.
    I don't know about Jim Carrey as CC. Carrey wouldn't stand for weraing a hood the whole movie ya know those egos........
    Ray Park as snake eyes is a good one. I think I had that figurine actully...lol.
    Here's the imdb.....

http://imdb.com/title/tt1046173/

actually carey would totally do that, he's probably the only actor in show business who would do that without a proplem. everyone knows jim carey only a nobody wouldn;t want to wear a helmet. as for budget its a 100 million dollar film(kind too much money, you can make it good with half that)one thing is lots of money don;t make good movies you could have 100 million or two hundred million and still make ****(return of superman, miami vice) its all about the script the actors and the director, money doesn't mean ****.

I totally agree with you Doug regarding the money aspect regarding what constitutes a ''Good film''. I just think with a film as iconic and fantasy based as GI Joe that it would look hokey if the proper production values weren't up to snuff. ya feel me?
    I mean superhero films without a big budget to lend the art departments what they need look amatuerish and corny at times. High end CGI depts don't come cheap. I'm in the Biz Doug. I know you are too and I am a big supporter of Independent films so I do know where you are coming from.

Peace

this movie sounds gay. the theme song goes. gi joe the real american hero.

oh god.

destro better be in it, zartan might, major blood who knows. serpentor probably not. general hawk, duke, flint, who knows.

god i want to punch hasbro in the face right now. but its 4:20am right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.