Darth Maul to join G.I. Joe

Those fans of G.I. Joe will be breathing a little easier today, after news of who will be portraying the man behind the mask of Snake Eyes in the upcoming live action flick. Fan favorite, and one time Sith Lord, Ray Park has been given the nod.

Most famous for his role as the be-horned Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode 1 – the Phantom Menace, Ray Park has been on the top of many fans lists to portray Snake Eyes from the beginning. Also starring as Toad in the original X-Men film, Park is a master of various martial arts, including Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and wushu.

One of the original members of G.I. Joe, and a key character throughout the comic books, the casting of Ray Parks as Snake Eyes has brought a little stabilization to the movie. After the casting of Sienna Miller as (at first look) the Baroness, fans got a little jumpy. The plot line wasn’t helping much either, and the Hasbro had to publically reassure fans.

This casting announcement though, will definitely do what 10 press releases never could.

Joshua S. Hill
12/5/2007
Source: Slash Film
More on Ray Park - Ray Park and Martial Arts:
Part 1 From China to Star Wars and beyond
Part 2 A REGULAR TOAD IN THE HOLE