Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G. I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra

ninja identified

so who is snake eyes?

Byung Hun Lee Starts Shooting G.I. Joe
    Source: Paramount Pictures
    March 18, 2008

Paramount Pictures just released the following announcement, which looks to be targeted to the Asian press, as Hun Lee was already announced to be playing Storm Shadow back in January:

On March 13, prominent Korean film and television actor Byung Hun Lee, one of Asia's top stars, completed his first day of principal photography as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures' action adventure "G.I. JOE." He joins the ensemble cast that includes Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

As big in his native land as he is in other parts of Asia, including Japan, Lee started his acting career in 1991 with the Korean television drama "Asphalt, My Hometown." Since then, he has appeared in several television dramas including "Tomorrow Love," "Police," "Son of Wind," "White Knight 3.98," "Happy Together," "Beautiful Days" and "All In."

Among his feature film credits are Kim Jee Woon's "A Bittersweet Life," Park Chan Wook's "Three Extremes," "Everybody has Secrets," "Addiction," "Bungee Jumping of their Own" and Park Chan Wook's "Joint Security Area." This year he will star in two films, Kim Jee Woon's "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird" and Tran Anh Hung's "I Come with the Rain."

Storm Shadow, one of the most popular characters in the G.I. JOE universe, has a dark and complex history. He was trained by the same Ninja master as Snake Eyes, a member of the elite G.I. JOE team, but now fights against him.

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, whose previous collaboration was the worldwide blockbuster "TRANSFORMERS," have reunited for another extraordinary action-adventure in "G.I. JOE." From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. JOE team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos. "G.I. JOE" is directed by Stephen Sommers ("The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns") and will be released on August 7, 2009.

Byung Hun Lee is represented by the Endeavor Agency and managed by Charles Pak of BH Entertainment.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I thought Ray Park was playing Snakeyes...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

doh!

I guess it would help if I read my own posts.

Truth be told, I don't even know who Snake Eyes is. I just needed to type something to make my minimum post requirement because the forum doesn't recognize anything in quotes.

Once G.I.Joe no longer had kung fu grip, I lost interest.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

think Spy vs. Spy

Snake eyes is the silent special forces ninja in G.I. Joe dressed all in black. He never speaks and has some sort of deformity which keeps him wearing a mask whenever he's not chilling in his isolation tank. Along with his special forces training he's also got classic ninja training.

There he became martial brothers with the ninja who would become Storm Shadow. Storm Shadow chooses COBRA (or whatever the bad guys will be called) and dresses in white. I suppose they would team up against some pirates (played by Johnny Depp?)

Thinking of Ray Parks's roles as Darth Maul and Toad, I'm hoping they digitally remove his nose or something if they show his face at all. For tradition's sake if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu View Post
    Snake eyes is the silent special forces ninja in G.I. Joe dressed all in black. He never speaks and has some sort of deformity which keeps him wearing a mask whenever he's not chilling in his isolation tank. Along with his special forces training he's also got classic ninja training.

There he became martial brothers with the ninja who would become Storm Shadow. Storm Shadow chooses COBRA (or whatever the bad guys will be called) and dresses in white. I suppose they would team up against some pirates (played by Johnny Depp?)

Thinking of Ray Parks's roles as Darth Maul and Toad, I'm hoping they digitally remove his nose or something if they show his face at all. For tradition's sake if nothing else.
    Snake Eyes wears a mask if memory serves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Snake Eyes wears a mask if memory serves me right.
    A mask he refuses to remove in public. The only person who saw his face was the blind eskimo woman that healed him after he got radiation sickness. Scarlett often tried, but he always refused.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    A mask he refuses to remove in public. The only person who saw his face was the blind eskimo woman that healed him after he got radiation sickness. Scarlett often tried, but he always refused.
    geek alert !!

Snake Eyes

well here it is your first look at SNAKE EYES

"This is the first character reveal from next August's G.I. Joe movie — the mute, faceless, black-clad ninja commando, among the most famous of the good guys from the 1980s incarnation of the decades-old Hasbro toy line."

2nd look

more snake eyes. Looks like Darth Maul meets Batman to me...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Well BATMAN is the original comic Ninja . . . he's got G.I.Joe beat by like 20-40 years.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

"Hexagram 63 is named 既濟 (ji4 ji4), "Already Fording". Other variations include "after completion" and "already completed". Its inner trigram is ☲ (離 li2) radiance = (火) fire, and its outer trigram is ☵ (坎 kan3) gorge = (水) water."

Design Sifu
    Snake Eyes
    well here it is your first look at SNAKE EYES http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2...joex-large.jpg

"This is the first character reveal from next August's G.I. Joe movie — the mute, faceless, black-clad ninja commando, among the most famous of the good guys from the 1980s incarnation of the decades-old Hasbro toy line."
    Well, that was redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Well, that was redundant.
    Mine was better.

I assume the costume is "loaded" and those are not Parks muscles, either that or Ray has bulked up big time.