Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: G. I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra

Saw it on the 4th, loved it !
    A nice good old fashioned action movie without any silly pretenses !!

Great movie bad martial art....

I'm watching it now, really fun stuff. I wish I didn't know martial art though because then I wouldn't notice how bad theirs suck in this film. Cool thing that the red head chick can turn invisible 'cause then you can't see her horrible kicks LOL!

Go Joe!
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

The merch merge

I don't really know the other franchises that well beyond Transformers. Maybe I remember Micronauts too. Hasbro also owns My Little Pony. They should be part of this new universe too.

Paramount, Hasbro Creating Movie Universe Around G.I. Joe, Four Other Brands (Exclusive)

'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra'
    Frank Masi/Paramount Pictures

by Gregg Kilday 12/15/2015 7:00am PST
    Under a new deal between the studio and Hasbro's Allspark Pictures, G.I. Joe will join up with characters from the Micronauts, Visionairies, M.A.S.K. and ROM brands.

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro are embarking on a new universe of interrelated characters and stories. The studio — which is already in the process of expanding its Transformers universe after four movies based on that popular Hasbro toy line — is announcing a new deal with Hasbro on Tuesday that will see Paramount and Allspark Pictures, Hasbro’s film label, build an interconnected, cross-property onscreen universe, featuring characters from five of Hasbro’s other brands: G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionairies, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM.

Allspark Pictures will produce the films, and Brian Goldner, Hasbro chairman, president and CEO, Hasbro exec vp and chief content officer Stephen Davis, Hasbro head of film development Josh Feldman are working with Paramount to shape the new universe from the five properties. Just as has been done with Transformers, where Akiva Goldsman led a writers’ room to develop further installments in that franchise, Hasbro and Paramount plan to assemble a writers’ room, comprised of top talent, to develop a creative roadmap.

READ MORE Paramount Brewing 'Transformers' Universe With Akiva Goldsman
    The Transformers franchise has grossed more than $3.8 billion to-date, and the two G.I. Joe movies Paramount has released, in 2009 and 2013, have grossed more than $675 million worldwide.

"Paramount and Hasbro have had a longstanding relationship and we're proud of the success we've enjoyed on the Transformers and G.I. Joe franchises,” Brad Grey, Paramount chairman and CEO, said in announcing the deal. "We're excited to grow our agreement and make even more movies based upon these popular and powerful Hasbro characters and their worlds."

“Hasbro and Allspark Pictures put storytelling at the center of everything that we do. These brands are filled with memorable stories and vivid characters, and this universe creates a framework for how they will become interconnected,” Goldner added. “Extending our partnership with Paramount allows us to continue our long-term strategy and overall vision to build dynamic worlds for all of our brands, and we are thrilled to collaborate with them as we develop these properties.”

WME’s Rob Carlson represented Hasbro in the deal.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I don't really know the other franchises that well beyond Transformers. Maybe I remember Micronauts too. Hasbro also owns My Little Pony. They should be part of this new universe too.
    Rom space knight. And mask, they were like transformers except they were spy vehicles. Sports cars turned into submarines. That kind of thing.