Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground Proofing DVD

Exclamation Ground Proofing DVD

Tim Cartmell's latest DVD project is finally available; Ground Proofing. An excellent DVD I just watched covering all the basics of real world self defense ground survival for non-grapplers/ground fighters. The DVD is geard towards those who do not know any ground skills, nor train it. Basic falling; protection; basic escapes from certain positions (mount, side control, scarf hold etc.); and a ton of other info can be found on the DVD.
    Tim has stated that it is his intention to produce something that anyone can learn from and take away basic skills in order to protect themselves when they get thrown to the ground, trip or fall, or however they may end on the ground in an actual fight. No fancy submissions here, just plain simple basics of survival. I HIGHLY recommend this DVD to any and folks who THINK they will NEVER get taken down and have to fight on the ground! I also recommend this DVD for coaches of all arts as an organized syllabus on how to teach ground fighting to non-grapplers that may come to their schools, but don't want to train BJJ/Sambo/Judo.
    Here is a teaser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N-S37qLR6k
    The DVD should be up on Tim's site within the week www.shenwu.com

Cheers, and enjoy
    Jake B.
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Where are the silk PJs? I hope you know you'll never learn as much training like in the video as you would from forms.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Seems to be the consensus on KFO!
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Unhappy

If you`re interested in that sort of thing take a look at "Floor fighting " by Marc MacYoung. There`s a book and a companion DVD at paladin press. It`s not really grappling focused. It`s more how to fall and get back on your feet asap. How to get to cover when you`re down, or how to keep someone from kicking in your ribs or head when you trip or get knocked down.

For the most part nobody but cops or bouncers try to Submit anyone in a fight. Most people either kick you while they stand or mount you and try to use your head to make big holes in the ground.

looks like anotehr good product from Tim
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Thanks David!

Chosen-
    This has nothing to do with grappling on the ground. Has to do more with protecting yourself and getting to your feet! How to escape basic holds and pins. I have seen the stuff by Macyoung.....it is ok, but some of it will get your teeth smashed. I get the feeling he knows little about the ground!
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

a little jiu jitsu can go a long way for a stand up fighter (see Knifefighter's comments about the turtle on the MMA forum). Ironically, my newest DVD has some similar stuff (I guess great minds think alike?)

Tim has trained in Taiwan with top masters and fought Lei Tai there, he is also a BJJ black belt. I'd really take his experience over say, a person who claims to be a bouncer and has no verifiable training?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Tim has the goods, no gray area there.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

So he advocates slapping out to breakfall in a real fight when people can follow up to stomp you?

For a teaser about how to get up and protect yourself, you would think he would show how to get up and protect yourself...i mean, if that's what DVD is supposed to show. Watching that it looks like a DVD for wrestling takedowns.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    So he advocates slapping out to breakfall in a real fight when people can follow up to stomp you?
    He does taiji too, the pagan !!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    He does taiji too, the pagan !!
    he was't wearing silk PJ's, so he couldn't possibly be doing tai chi (note CORRECT spelling if you are a white guy)

For a teaser about how to get up and protect yourself, you would think he would show how to get up and protect yourself...i mean, if that's what DVD is supposed to show. Watching that it looks like a DVD for wrestling takedowns.
    You didn't see the hidden applications ??
    What kind of TCMA are you ??

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    he was't wearing silk PJ's, so he couldn't possibly be doing tai chi (note CORRECT spelling if you are a white guy)
    I heard he wears silk boxers, good enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You didn't see the hidden applications ??
    What kind of TCMA are you ??
    The bad kind that likes applications to be spoon-fed.

Didn't see a lot of slapping out to breakfall.