Thread: Shoot In My Home Town

Shoot In My Home Town

If you havn't seen CNN today, someone walks into the Westroads Mall here in omaha and opes fire killing 8 people.
    made me think I usually go to this mall inbetween jobs to kill some time today I didn't go to my first job because my car was acting up. I'm normaly leaving when the incident happened.
    what would have happened if I was there.
    My prayers to all the families who lost loved ones today.
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

You aren't creating an alibi now are you??
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    You aren't creating an alibi now are you??
    LOL, The shooter was an 18 yr old. he shot himself last
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    LOL, The shooter was an 18 yr old. he shot himself last
    i saw the headline when i logged online and decided to not read it...thanks

i remember when i was 14 i was eating at the food court and we heard shouting... my stupid friend beind curious runs toward the noise...right as he leaves the food court and hits the mall intersection two shotgun blasts go off and all i see is my buddy jump for the floor...i shook my head like stupid why did you look, grabbed my burger and ran.

oddly enough we were partying at the sandflats a week or so later and i took a **** and saw two guys in suits combing the beach at 6 inthe morning leaving me all like wtf...they dug in a pipe and pulled out the shotgun and told me it was the one from the diamond heist at capilano mall a week prior...

Freaky,

I am heading out to your next of the woods this upcoming week for a national business meeting. Show's you how fubar the world can really be.

Sad.

update

The shooter was actually 19, and was upset because he was fired from a Mcdonald's. total of 9 dead, including the shooter. 2 more in hospital, one of which is in his 60's and in critical condition.

Brushes with near death or even being in the same vicinity is a sobering moment. I was in the Twin Cities, on my way back to Kansas when that bridge collapsed, a bridge I usually take home, but I had a little detour in my plans and went home a slightly different route - but my family and I could've been there....but closer yet, when I was in Iraq, I was out in my back area getting ready to enjoy a fine cigar when we took mortar fire. The rounds were coming close to my area (a first, usually they landed further away) and I could see where they were landing, so I jump up and start over to my Humvee to radio up a report when I hear somthing ****z through the trees and hit the side of my building and landed on the ground about 25 ft from my cigar smoking position moments earlier. The object was a dud 60mm mortar, had it gone off while I was smoking - I'd be dead, if it gone off while I was on the radio in my vehicle, I'd be simply messed up.

Sobering it was.

Bob
    From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.

I have had several near death experiences. Only the first one really shook me up. After that a miss of an inch is the same as a mile to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I have had several near death experiences. Only the first one really shook me up. After that a miss of an inch is the same as a mile to me.
    Wimminz problems dont count RD.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ****'s getting crazier and crazier. I hate it for the families of the dead and injured and for the family of the shooter.

that being said, the *****iest thing about these mall/school shooter types is they off themselves afterwards thus escaping from judgement and retribution.

Asheville is a small city so our crap isn't as big as larger metro areas but we've had a large rise in gang/drug related crime resulting and a dozen or so shootings this year with 8 deaths because of them.

The last, this past Monday, was a mile from my house, on the road I drive on every day. An 18 year old shot a 14 year old and killed him. The 18 year old was arrested on separate charges of maintaining a residence for the sale and use of drugs and was then connected to the shooting and charged.

I started gun shopping today. Probably just a Mossberg for the house for now but will soon get my concealed carry and start carrying a pistol again.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Not to get off subject too much, but for home defense (other than having good kung fu!) I do not recommend guns (though I have several) unless you live in a fairly rural area like I do. I am big on dogs for home defense, train them to do what you want and when.

I used to have a somewhat unpredictable border collie. Someone came visiting and asked, "does your dog bite?" I honestly answered, "I don't know. Won't know for sure until you come closer." at which point I got a hold of my do just in case. Long story short, he had "attacked" a couple people too many and we decided to put him down. Very sad, he was old however which played part in his behavior. When I had him, the house stayed unlocked most of the time. Not so anymore.

Anyways. A good dog and not like the one I have now which is a beautiful black lab - greatest disposition, love her to death, but she sucks as home defense. Everyone is her friend!

Bob
    From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    got a dog, 90 pound black lab. he's unpredictable as well but generally a good disposition. Anyone with a peanut butter cup can win him over though.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"