Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayweather vs Hatton

I was quite disappointed with the outcome, but I'd rather see a clearcut victory than a judge's decision. Good match throughout.
    Jack Dempsey: "What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?

It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.

Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile when its bodyweight is set into fast motion."

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    It was good fight. It was a shame the 3 judges decided not to actually watch it. When they showed how the judges had scored it up to the KO I was stunned.
    I didn't see that... what happened?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

A KO is undebatable normally.

The judges scores up to that time was about right. Check the accuracy rate of Mayweather's punches and the number compared to Hatton's.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    It was good fight. It was a shame the 3 judges decided not to actually watch it. When they showed how the judges had scored it up to the KO I was stunned.
    I wouldv'e only given Hatton two rounds. He did do a good job of getting Floyd on the ropes but hedidn't land too many solid shots. the punch stats tell all.

Mayweather Hatton
    total punches: 129 of 329 39% 63 of 372 17%
    Jabs 29 of 72 40% 11 of 63 17%
    Power punches 100 of 257 39% 52 of 309 17%
    Last edited by Shadow Skill; 12-09-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added stats
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

I couldn't understand why Hatton was leaning on him sooo much. I really thought Hatton's corner was gonna take a page from Castillo and try to ugly it up a bit, throw off Mayweather's rhythm/timing, and try to force a bang out.

I think the Mayweather camp's decision to get Baldomir as a training partner, really prepared him for this kind of fight. One thing's for sure, and that is Mayweather is in phenomenal condition.

I actually hope that there is a re-match. It was at least moderately competetive up until the knock downs, and if Hatton's corner made some adjustments, like leaving a slight more space, and getting to Mayweather's right side more, more body work, could have changed the fight a bit. Also when Hatton got caught with the flash left, his face fell into the corner.

Bye the way, what was the judges scores up until the TKO?

No need for a rematch.

Hatton got inside pretty easily, until the last 2 rounds, but he never threw his body shots once there. He has incredible body shots, yet Floyd was the one working the body and it showed in Rounds 9 and 10.

The Punchstat numbers don't reflect the whole fight. The last 2 rounds were just target practice for Floyd. Up until the 9th Round, they were much closer than at the time of the stoppage.

I though Hatton would win. I give Floyd alot of credit for putting on a good, exciting fight and still winning.

2 judges had it 89-81. The 3rd had it 88-82.

i knew Mayweather was going to win but i didn't expect Mayweather to KO Hatton.

Impressive performance from Mayweather...that "check hook" was amazing!!

Fight of the year IMO !!