Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Martial arts in Anime

Dec 6 2016

Looks like it might be hard to get though - about $40+USD and no U.S. distribution yet.

Teaser for "Baki-Dou" OAD Shows Baki's Imaginary Fights
    Directed/character designed by Teiichi Takiguchi (Uninhabited Planet Survive!)

Mikikazu Komatsu
    September 20, 2016 9:50pm PDT (12 hours ago)

The official website for the 25th anniversary project of Keisuke Itagaki's martial arts-themed manga series Baki today posted a 70-second teaser for the newly-produced OAD (original anime disc) episode based on the ongoing fourth installment Baki-Dou, featuring the protagonist Baki Hanma's training and imaginary fights against the series' main characters (he had an imaginary fight against a giant mantis in the third installment Hanma Baki).

The OAD will be bundled with the 4,190-yen limited edition of the 14th tankobon volume of Baki-Dou to be released on December 6, 2016, and pre-orders will be accepted till October 6. Teiichi Takiguchi (Uninhabited Planet Survive!, The Garden of Sinners 4th chapter) serves as the director and character designer for Telecom Animation Film (Lupin the Third, orange).

Following the first installment Grappler Baki (1991-1999), the second Baki (1995-2005) and the third Hanma Baki (2006-2012), Baki-Dou started its serialization in Akita Shoten's Weekly Shonen Champion in 2014. The story focuses on battles against a clone of Musashi Miyamoto, one of the most famous and strongest
    samurai/swordsman in the 16th to 17th century of Japan.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Crayon Shin-chan: Burst Serving! Kung Fu Boys ~Ramen Rebellion~

26 installments deep but I'm not familiar with Crayon Shin-chan.

Anyone know this one?

Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting in New "Crayon Shin-chan" Film
    26th entry in theatrical film series based on Yo****o Usui's gag manga hits theaters in Japan in April of 2018

Paul Chapman
    December 04, 2017 10:04am PST (20 hours ago)

A new teaser trailer is now available online for Crayon Shin-chan: Burst Serving! Kung Fu Boys ~Ramen Rebellion~, the 26th theatrical film based on Yo****o Usui's gag manga about a vulgar little boy and his friends.

In Crayon Shin-chan: Burst Serving! Kung Fu Boys ~Ramen Rebellion~, Shinnosuke and the gang join their friend Masao in learning the legendary "Puni Puni Fist" martial art, and their rigorous training comes in handy when a bad batch of ramen makes the neighborhood violent.

Crayon Shin-chan: Burst Serving! Kung Fu Boys ~Ramen Rebellion~ is directed by Wataru Takahashi and features animation by Shin-Ei Animation. The film hits theaters in Japan on April 13, 2018.

Source: Anime! Anime!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

For me, The Boy and the Beast stands above most MA-related anime films I've seen...mostly for the storyline and the characters (and the high production quality).

where to find?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    For me, The Boy and the Beast stands above most MA-related anime films I've seen...mostly for the storyline and the characters (and the high production quality).
    You've recommended that before. Do you know what platform/streaming service carries this?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    You've recommended that before. Do you know what platform/streaming service carries this?
    Sorry, Gene, I don't know about streaming services or if it's carried by any. I bought the DVD from Amazon.