Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial arts in Anime

Talking

You really should get the manga instead. The eps on fuse aren't even the full eps most of the time.

Sorry, I dont have the japanese version either. I saw it once but someone snagged it before I knew it. I was broke that day anyway.

kenji

whats the wiki link o this. never heard of it but it sounds really interesting

Doug, from what I understand the english versions of Tenjho Tenge do some heavy editing of the art even. I've seen webpages where fans make not of it, post side by side comparisons. Lots of bare boobies in the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Doug, from what I understand the english versions of Tenjho Tenge do some heavy editing of the art even. I've seen webpages where fans make not of it, post side by side comparisons. Lots of bare boobies in the original.
    i never read the official english translation. only the fan one so i don't know how much was cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    I see. I only caught Tenjho Tenge on FuseTV a couple times. I liked it, though I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Battle Vixens I saw in the Borders, thought the title was funny. Then there was panties galore. Haha. And exploding school girl shirts.
    See if the dvd's are available. It's like Total Recall in that if you watch it from the middle, you will be lost. I had watched Ten Ten from the beginning but got lost during some of the flashbacks.

Great fights though!
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    See if the dvd's are available. It's like Total Recall in that if you watch it from the middle, you will be lost. I had watched Ten Ten from the beginning but got lost during some of the flashbacks.

Great fights though!
    yeah it becomes a whole nother anime when they go into the 12 ep flashback which in honesty probably was the result of the demise of the anime.

機動武闘伝gガンダム

Some critics bash this but it is one of my favorites...using Gundams for straight up fighting. Nice! Of course, there is always the political intrigue present in the Gundam Universe.

Plus the use of real martial art styles was a plus.

Sai Saici his SHAOLIN Style
    George de Sand and his FENCING
    Chibodee Crocket and his BOXING style
    Argo Gulskii with his GRAPPLING style.

It will always be one of my favorite Gundam Series.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    My favorite anime with martial arts is Ninja Scroll by far. Nothing traditional, just fun.
    Yeah, one of the first intense ones that I saw.

The rock creature...Tessai. He is supposed to be a Ninja?

That first bloodbath just let me know that I was in store for action.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

yeah ninja scroll had everything.

yo did anybody check out. the 1998 anime KITE. thats where tarrintino got the back story for oh ren. its hot if you can find it see it i just saw it today if anybody got aim i'm willing to share

Kite

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    yo did anybody check out. the 1998 anime KITE. thats where tarrintino got the back story for oh ren. its hot if you can find it see it i just saw it today if anybody got aim i'm willing to share
    I've definitely seen it. But it has been a while. Another Uometsu's work with a similar theme that is worth looking at is Mezzo Forte (I'm referring to the standalone OAV and not the series.

I'm guessing that Kite made some kind of impression on you...
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

iwas just good ****.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    i was just good ****.
    Yeah dude. Good stuff. There was much acclaim about it back then. Glad you were able to finally catch it. Add it to your collection.

Check Mezzo Forte when you have time bro. The premise is a bit more light and not as dark.

So, keeping it user-friendly, what action scenes caught your attention?

Keep us updated as to what you discover regarding anime. I created this thread as venue to discuss it in a mature (because we are martial artists), yet casual manner. And because I know a lot of us are fans.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

HIGHLANDER: Search For Vengeance

Anyone who saw Ninja Scroll will notice the similarities of the character design.

Awesome anime. Those familiar with Highlander would be entertained.

My only complaint was that there was no Japanese track.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Quote Originally Posted by 冠木侍 View Post
    Yeah dude. Good stuff. There was much acclaim about it back then. Glad you were able to finally catch it. Add it to your collection.

Check Mezzo Forte when you have time bro. The premise is a bit more light and not as dark.

So, keeping it user-friendly, what action scenes caught your attention?

Keep us updated as to what you discover regarding anime. I created this thread as venue to discuss it in a mature (because we are martial artists), yet casual manner. And because I know a lot of us are fans.
    just watched mezzo forte. didn't like it nearly as much as kite, but it was okay. it felt like it was missing something. i think it would've been better if the two girls would've figured out they were sisters and still went after each other. plus the whole vision thing wasn;t really explained. but like i said it was okay