Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial arts in Anime

I have only read the first couple.

There are some pictures involved in them, but they do not follow common graphic novel format. As in pane to pane comic style.

They are in standard novella format, with some nice artwork included.

Very cool as they get you more 'inside' D's head.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTravesty View Post

Like History's Strongest disciple, someone has probably already found out that I would like it and therefore banned its official licensing in the US

Check out www.onemanga.com

They have the translated version of the manga there(as well as many others). It's pretty good. I have been reading it at work.

Quote Originally Posted by ittokaos View Post
    Check out www.onemanga.com

They have the translated version of the manga there(as well as many others). It's pretty good. I have been reading it at work.
    wow, nice link. You just might get me in trouble at work.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    the rival school games were based on a manga volcano high which was made into a half decent film and then butchered to death by mtv.
    I did some checking... it wasn't based on volcano high - the two just have similarities, just as both share similarities to Real Bout High. there is a sequel to rival schools though, called project justice.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

it's not martial arts related, but have any of you seen paprika?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Paprika

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    it's not martial arts related, but have any of you seen paprika?
    Satoshi Kon is good at messing with your mind! I've seen it once but I need to watch it again so I will be able to understand it better. It was a bit overwhelming imho.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Legend of Condor Hero

Ok, I haven't gone back to watch Paprika yet but something else has caught my attention at the moment.

Anyone here every see the animated series Legend of Condor Hero. I'm a little bit halfway through the series and I am enjoying it.

It is a good animated depiction of CMA. The story takes place after the original Legend of Condor Heroes (which i have not had the pleasure of watching yet). Even so, it was interesting enough for me to take time out to view it. I had known about it for a while but only recently got a chance to see it.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

You mean the one based on Return of the Condor Heroes(The Legendary Couple)???

Saw it, was a bit disappionted with the animation at times.

You were talking about KITE a while back... you talking about the ultraviolent but "clean" version or the ultraviolent with extremely underage sex version?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    You mean the one based on Return of the Condor Heroes(The Legendary Couple)???

I'm not sure which. I had heard about this show a while back but only recently got to see some of it. That animation is based on the novel by Louis Cha 9 (according to the dvd info). There was some stuff made before this and I will have to locate that when I finish with this series.

Saw it, was a bit disappionted with the animation at times.

I have my ideas about what is good animation and yes, this was not exactly the best. I'm sure the production values weren't that high but as far as content goes, I'm actually good in that department. I read that there was a lot left out in that adaptation (as with most adaptations). I like the options for the Chinese language though. It's funny, depending on what language you pick, the opening theme is different. The Japanese version I have grown quite accustomed to at th moment.

You were talking about KITE a while back... you talking about the ultraviolent but "clean" version or the ultraviolent with extremely underage sex version?

I saw the domestic UNCUT version. I believe it to be the most complete version out there so it was probably the opposite of the "clean" version. It has been a while though. I'll have to dig it up one of these days.

I actually remember more about Mezzo Forte than Kite. Same director but I Kite's scenes of violence were more intense.

What's up? I think both versions are available. What do you think of this one?
    .................................................. .........
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Naruto Movie 1

I'm way behind on the series eps but I managed to get my hands on the movie. All in al, not bad. Naruto I thought was always cool and I am actually trying to get all the uncut episodes as they are released.

Not epic (like the first Tenchi Muyo movie) but a nice little diversion for fans.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Would you prefer a fan sub of Naruto? www.narutoget.com

It's got it all. Up to day on Shippuden and all the 9 seasons of Naruto uncut, in Japanese and subbed. As well as all 4 movies. That's right, 4. 3 Naruto, one Naruto Shippuden.

Gracias

How did you know I was a sub fan!?

All kidding aside though, I actually don't watch that many fan subs (Maybe I should). You could say I am one of those rare people that actually buys their anime (well I used to buy a lot).

But I will keep the link you sent me handy...thank you. I didn't realize there was so much that was released. Very nice.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Yeah dude. I'll caution you this... Seasons 6-9 are mostly filler between the manga's 3 year jump. Even then, it's within the immediate aftermath of the jumping off point in the manga. I decided to skip them because they don't advance the plot.

Plus, quite frankly, I find this show way more enjoyable and tolerable in Japanese. The voice of Naruto in english is crazy annoying. My wife hates the Cartoon Network episodes and can't stand to be in the room when I was watching them... she doesn't mind the Japanese.

naruto

i like the manga way better then the anime. the story is just more compelling and juicy. plus things happen faster in the manga then they do in the anime.

Usually that is what I hear. But Manga can get costly. I primarily listen to subs because my ears are accustomed to hearing the Japanese (even though I am not totally fluent. The manga would be great for my Kanji reading though....
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)