Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wu Forever!

Continued from previous post

I'm only copying one pic of each Wu member. There are more in the original article. It's #5 that interested me most.

5. RZA

他的所有衣服都有亚洲文明的灵感。他最牛逼的地方是,他不关心你在想什么,或者你喜欢什么。他喜欢武术,就 会穿上武术袍。此外,他的脸也作为LOGO,印在过Supreme T恤上。

4. Method Man

Method Man曾在“Method Man”中唱道,“你不认识我,你不知道我的风格。”他可能是正确的,其风格非常有冒险精神。但他喜欢加大 尺码的态度却总是让人舒服。不是每个说唱歌手,在他们穿衣的保留节目中有浴袍、狼牙套和击球手 套。

3. Ol’ Dirty *******

老实说,甚至无所谓ODB穿什么。只要看看他史诗般的头发,没有人需要去注意到别的。不过,他没有只依靠一 个在派对上招摇的伎俩。他是最先开始玩儿穿衣high-low搭配的老哥(那时候Pharrell Kanye A$AP Rocky都在那儿呢)。某天,他穿起街牌,第二天他可能穿的却是一个干净的皮夹克和上档次的帽子。

2. Raekwon

他一开始从纽约城的大毒枭哪里获得穿衣灵感,最后也可以穿一件简简单单的纯白Supreme。没有他怎么能 接近顶端,别说不是他引起了你对老式的Polo衫和Tommy Hilfiger的兴趣。大厨(Raekwon的别称Chef)甚至挽起一条裤腿走上过Tommy的T台, 就是那么有范儿。

1. Ghostface Killah

正如他在“New God Flow”里的歌词——” Ya nigga, y’all had my, I had my Jesus piece since 94”。在这点上,他的豪华首饰,长袍,和鬼脸面具都是一他的最具代表性的符号。就像武当派本身,如果鬼脸 要去做些风格的改变,他会毫不犹豫的倾尽全力去执行它。

 武当(2)型男(1)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Jian Hong Shi

When Your Mom Is the Longtime Manager of Wu-Tang Members and Your Dad Is a Shaolin Monk
    Featuring Jian Hong Shi, age 15, grade 10.
    By LAURA BENNETT
    FEB 08, 20189:04 AM

Jian Hong Shi and her mom, Sophia.
    Photo illustration by Slate. Photo courtesy of Sophia Chang.

In this series, kids (and not-exactly-kids-anymore) review how well their parents balance life and work. To nominate a potential subject ideally between the ages of 5 and 17, email humaninterest@slate.com.

Laura Bennett: Can you tell me a little bit about your relationship with your parents?

Jian Hong Shi: Well, my mom and I are very close. I feel super comfortable telling her if anything happens with my friends. She gives me very good advice.

What kind of advice?

She always gives me the grown-up answer, like, when I am having a problem at school: You should pull them aside and talk to them. I tell her, Mom, we’re not as mature as you think we are. They are gonna think that is weird.

My parents haven’t been together since I was around 5 or something like that, so they don’t live in the same house. My dad and I are not as close because he’s not at home as much as my mom is. But when I do see him, he is super goofy and silly. So I’m always laughing when I’m around him.

What does your mom do for work?

Well right now, she’s writing a book and doing public speaking. She also briefly worked at a cannabis company. That was kind of a wild thing because she’s never smoked a day in her life. But while I was growing up, she managed hip-hop artists.

Do you remember how she became a manager of hip-hop artists?

She had been close with the Wu-Tang Clan for a long time. So I think it happened organically. She worked with a lot of different artists in Wu-Tang, like RZA, GZA, ODB while he was alive, but that was before I was alive. [She also managed D’Angelo and A Tribe Called Quest.]

Does she manage anyone now?

Nope, she’s completely out of that now. She says that she doesn’t want to manage other people now. She wants to focus on herself. I think she’s come to a place in her life where—she told me, for example, that her friend said, “Sophia, I want to stop seeing you work with egotistical men.”

Your mom mentioned to me that she was very aware of raising a daughter who was a hip-hop fan, because hip-hop is not always kind to women. Was that something she talked about with you?

She always made it very clear to me when certain lyrics were misogynistic. She would ask me if that was how I thought I should be treated. And I was like, “No mom. I just enjoy the music.” If we are in the car and the radio is on, and we hear some really misogynistic lyrics, she always goes: “Oh that’s nice.” “Oh, haven’t heard that one before.”

She always wanted me to know my worth. Through her job, I always saw her as a powerful female figure, not someone who was easily swayed by male opinion. Also, the artists she worked with, she knew them on a deep personal level—she knew their heart and their intent.

Do you like Wu-Tang’s music?

I do. I went through a phase when I listened to just Wu-Tang, when I was like 12. It was super eye-opening for me. I loved how all the different Clan members had their different flows and styles and voices, even though they were one Clan.

“I had this moment last year where I was super tired and I started thinking about a bunch of stuff and I sat back and realized what my parents did and got super happy.”
    — Jian Hong Shi
    What do you think your mom loves about Wu-Tang’s music?

I think the production and sampling as well. But also the wordplay and the metaphors and how they all blended together as one but people who were fans really felt like they knew each of them, their strengths and their weaknesses. I think she really respected that whatever deal they had, the RZA made sure it was inclusive. No one was ever left behind.

What was it like to know these guys personally and also be such a big fan?

I felt super grateful. The RZA is actually my godfather. I’ve known him and his kids since I was really young. So when I listened to his music, it was learning about the RZA instead of him as a father and a friend. So that was really cool.

It is pretty wild to have a mom whose job means you get to have the RZA as your godfather.

Yeah. It’s crazy. I don’t think I realized how influential and huge these artists were until later. At the time I just thought, this is just mom doing her job.

What does your dad do?

He’s a 34th-generation Shaolin monk from the original Shaolin temple in China.

Whoa.

Yeah. I used to be kind of embarrassed about telling my friends because they’d be like, “Oh yeah, my dad is an accountant or something.” But now I’m super proud of it. Anyway, he’s a monk. And he created his own temple, the USA Shaolin Temple. His English wasn’t that great and he didn’t really know about America, so my mom really helped him with the business side. Now it has branches in Austria and South Africa and Mexico. It makes me really proud of him. He helps a lot of people both physically and mentally.

Here’s a ridiculous question: Do you think your parents have interesting jobs?

Yes. Over time I became kinda used to it. But I had this moment last year where I was super tired and I started thinking about a bunch of stuff and I sat back and realized what my parents did and got super happy. Then I fell asleep.

But it was a fascinating moment where I was like, “Wow, I should really talk to my dad more about his experience coming from China to here and creating his own business. I should talk to my mom more about how she built herself and became successful on her own.”

Who generally works crazier hours, your mom or your dad?

My mom would get calls during dinner and would never pick up. She would call them back afterwards and that could go pretty late. Or she’d only pick up calls that came directly from the artist or from her mentor, Michael Ostin. With my dad, once he was home, he was home.

What stresses your parents out the most about their jobs?

For my mom, it’s working with people who aren’t as dedicated to their job as she is. People who aren’t passionate and are just doing it for the money. For my dad, I don’t really see him stressed.

Well, he is a monk.

Yeah, you’re right, he’s very calm. He never really loses his temper. He’s super in touch with the monk he was in China, when he was under all of those rules. He didn’t have enough food to eat. He had no heat. Having that all inside him helps keep him grounded.

When you were growing up, did your parents have rules for you around screen time?

My dad really hates it when my brother and I are on our phone. Because he’s like, “It will ruin your eyes.” Not because he is worried about what we’ll see. I don’t think he’s too aware of exactly how much is out there on the internet. With my mom, it’s more that she doesn’t like the idea that strangers can talk to me.

How did your mom inform your music taste when you were growing up?

She was obviously very deeply involved in hip-hop. But also on Sundays, when we would clean the house, she would always have old-school R&B on. Like Maxwell, Tony! Toni! Toné! Uh, I guess Robin Thicke doesn’t count as old-school R&B.

Do you have a sense of what you want to do for work one day?

I’m super interested in architecture. My school offers classes on it. I’m going to take them and if I do end up enjoying them, great.

Would you ever want to manage hip-hop artists?

Probably not. Just because that doesn’t really interest me, not because I’ve seen a negative impact on my mom. She used to always tell me, you’d be so good at this. But it’s not really my interest, so I’d feel like I wasn’t really doing what I wanted to do.

Would you ever want to be a monk?

No. No no no no no. Yeah, no. There are way too many rules.

Laura Bennett
    Laura Bennett is Slate’s features director.
    When I was in Wudangshan with Yanming and Sophia, she was pregnant with his first child. I should've realized that because of some of Sophia's actions, but at the time, I was too swept up with with the trip. I've never met either of their children.

Thread: Shi Yan Ming & Shaolin Temple USA
    Thread: Wu Forever!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

People Say lawsuit

Wu-Tang Clan Slapped With a Copyright Infringement Lawsuit Over Their Song "People Say"
    BY JOSHUA ESPINOZA
    MAR 16, 2018

Wu-Tang Clan
    Image via Getty/Andrew Lipovsky

Wu-Tang Clan has been accused of ripping off a 1960s singing group.

On Friday, members of The Diplomats filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against the legendary hip-hop collective over their 2017 track “People Say.” According to legal documents obtained by The Wrap, the soul trio claims Wu-Tang’s producer Mathematics lifted the “People Say” melody from their 1969 record “I’ve Got the Kind of Love.” The plaintiffs also point out that the title of the Wu-Tang cut is taken from lyrics featured in their song.

“Throughout its duration, ‘People Say’ contains and embodies multiple recognizable and protectable elements of Plaintiffs’ ‘I’ve Got the Kind of Love,'” the lawsuit reads. “These original, protectable elements include but are not limited to the melody, chords, lyrics, instrumentation, and rhythmic elements of ‘I’ve Got the Kind of Love.’ (Even the title ‘People Say’ is a lyric from ‘I’ve Got the Kind of Love.’)”

“People Say” is the lead single off Mathematic’s 2017 studio album Wu-Tang: The Saga Continues. According to The Wrap, members of The Diplomats became aware of the similarities in recent months, after fans kept bringing it up online. The trio claims that they did not give Wu-Tang or Mathematics proper authorization to use their material, which is why they’re asking a judge to stop all future performances and sales of “People Say.” The Diplomats are also seeking for unspecified damages.

You can compare both tracks below.

continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Continued from previous post

...for comparison...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

RZA's teacher 'living proof of the American dream'

Associated Press
    Published on Oct 3, 2018
    (3 Oct 2018) RZA directed Wesley Snipes for the first time in the upcoming movie "Cut Throat City." But the two have a longtime shared teacher in New York Shaolin kung fu grandmaster Shi Yan Ming. (Oct. 3)
    THREADS
    http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...lin-Temple-USA
    Wu Forever!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wu-Tang: An American Saga

Wuniverse forever

OCTOBER 11, 2018 10:00AM PT
    Wu-Tang Clan Scripted Origin Series Ordered at Hulu
    By JOE OTTERSON
    TV Reporter
    @JoeOtterson

Wu Tang Clan Lovebox Festival, Gunnersbury Park, London, UK - 13 Jul 2018
    CREDIT: SCOTT GARFITT/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK

Hulu has given a straight-to-series order to a scripted drama that will explore the rise of the Wu-Tang Clan, Variety has learned.

“Wu-Tang: An American Saga,” which has received a 10-episode order, is inspired by “The Wu-Tang Manual” and “Tao of Wu”, and based on the true story of the Wu-Tang Clan. Set in early ’90s New York at the height of the crack cocaine epidemic, the show tracks the Clan’s formation. The group was a vision of Bobby Diggs, aka The RZA, who strives to unite a dozen young, black men that are torn between music and crime but eventually rise to become the unlikeliest of American success stories.

The series is created, written, and executive produced by Alex Tse–the writer of the “Superfly” remake–and The RZA. Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo will also executive produce via Imagine Television, with Wu-Tang member Method Man also executive producing. Fellow Wu-Tang members Ghostface Killa, Inspectah Deck, Masta Killa, GZA, as well as the Estate of Ol’ Dirty *******, will serve as consulting producers on the project. Creative executive James Seidman will oversee the project for Imagine.

“I’m delighted to be partnering with Hulu and Imagine to explore the vast story of the Wuniverse,” said The RZA. “Wu-Tang through our music has always strove to inspire as we entertain. This opportunity to continue the Wu – Saga in a 10-episode series will exponentially increase our inspirational style of entertainment. In the immortal words of ODB ‘Wu-Tang is for the Children.'”

The Wu-Tang Clan has released five gold and platinum albums, selling 40 million albums worldwide. The group is often hailed as one of the most influential groups in the history of hip-hop with a unique sound and distinct image.

“I’ve been a fan of Wu-Tang since the mid-90’s and recognized quickly how significant Wu-Tang and The RZA were to the world of hip-hop music and culture,” Grazer said. “Over the years I’ve gotten to know RZA and it’s clear that he is the soul and storyteller of Wu-Tang. Working with RZA and Alex Tse on this series has been a highlight of my career and Hulu is the perfect partner to bring this story to a global audience.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ep1: Wu-Tang In Space Eating Impossible™ Sliders

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ep2: Wu-Tang In Space Eating Impossible™ Sliders

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

WU-TANG X MILK MAKEUP LIP COLORS | feat. TEYANA TAYLOR

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

RZA + Alamo Drafthouse introduce The Flying Guillotine | 360° Tour

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men

I cut out all the other films listed, only kept the relevant one.

Sundance: Rosamund Pike, Wu-Tang Clan, Jordan Peele-Produced Lorena Bobbitt Series Added to Fest
    1:00 PM PST 12/3/2018 by Tatiana Siegel

Andrew Chin/Getty Images
    RZA, GZA, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Masta Killa and Cappadonna of hip hop group Wu-Tang Clan perform on stage during day 2 of Center Of Gravity 2018 at Kelowna City Park on July 28, 2018 in Kelowna, Canada.

Given the impressive list of names in the episodic lineup, it is clear that Sundance has become a destination for small-screen fare that screens against the festival's bread-and-butter indie films.

The Sundance Film Festival unveiled its lineup of the indie episodic, shorts and special events on Monday. Among the standouts are a documentary series from producer Jordan Peele about the infamous case of John and Lorena Bobbitt dubbed Lorena and a comedic series with Rosamund Pike and Chris O'Dowd in the leads titled State of the Union (Nick Hornby created, and Stephen Frears directed). Also of note is the series Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men, which traces the arc of iconic rappers and features the participation of every member.

Given the impressive list of names in the episodic lineup, it is clear that Sundance has become a destination for small-screen fare that screens against the festival's bread-and-butter indie films.

With the shorts lineup mostly comprised of up-and-comers, it’s difficult to predict what might be this year’s Whiplash (Damien Chazelle’s feature film started its life as a short at Sundance). Films that look promising on paper include A.V. Rockwell’s Feathers, which tackles the world of boys school hazing and will debut on Day One of the festival.

“This year’s crop of shorts are rowdy, reflective, visionary -- we are excited to discover so many new voices and perspectives on today’s world,” said Sundance senior programmer Mike Plante.

Of the projects announced today, 53 percent were directed or created by one or more women, 51 percent were directed or created by one or more filmmaker of color, and 26 percent by one or more people who identify as LGBTQIA. A dozen were supported by Sundance Institute in development, whether through direct granting or residency Labs.

Today’s announcement follows last week’s unveiling of the 112 films that will screen across 10 major categories including the U.S. competition, world competition and NEXT sections including the Harvey Weinstein doc Untouchable, the Shia LaBeouf-Lucas Hedges pairing Honey Boy (about a child TV star and his ex-rodeo clown father) and Rashid Johnson’s modern reimagining of Richard Wright’s seminal novel Native Son.

The 2019 edition of the fest is set to run Jan. 24-Feb. 3 in and around Park City.

Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men/U.S.A. (Director: Sacha Jenkins, Executive Producers: Peter J Scalettar, Peter Bittenbender, Chris Gary) — The cultural history of Wu-Tang Clan; artists who escape the poverty, violence, and oppression of their neighborhoods through music. They encounter wild success and heartbreak along the way to becoming the most recognized musical movement in the world -- all while walking the tightrope that links business with brotherhood. Cast: All members of the Wu-Tang Clan. World Premiere
    THREADS
    Wu Forever!
    Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wu-Tang Clan on NPR's Tiny Desk

Follow the link for the clip.

TINY DESK
    Wu-Tang Clan
    December 5, 2018 5:00 AM ET
    ABBY O'NEILL

The Wu-Tang Clan gathered at the Tiny Desk to commemorate the 25 years since the release of the group's landmark album Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). With more than 60 albums between the various members, The Clan's combined discography left them spoiled for choice when it came to narrowing down the set list for their performance. The result was an extended, 20-minute medley of songs from across the group's iconic catalog.

The retrospective mashup of Wu classics started with the posse cut "Triumph." Backed by strings (The Green Project), the performance morphed into an old-school cipher as Raekwon, Inspectah Deck and Cappadonna traded verses with Masta Killa and U-God. Young Dirty *******, son of original member Ol' Dirty *******, provided a spark of energy reminiscent of his father.

At one moment in the performance, RZA — the mastermind behind the Clan's success — omits some explicit lyrics from earlier in his Wu journey, while alluding to the #MeToo movement mid-cadence. But it's the poetic interlude, read from his phone at the close of the set, that better reflects his current state of consciousness. "Wu-Tang is for the kids!" RZA proclaims. The core of the group began as childhood pals in Staten Island in the early '90s, when the crew's creative philosophy was influenced by everything from Saturday afternoon kung-fu flicks to the spiritual wisdom of the Five-Percent Nation. As they've matured, Raekwon still describes the Wu as "superfriends." They've allowed each other to grow and form various offshoots in recent years. But when the Wu-Tang Clan comes together, they still bring a love for the culture and for their brotherhood.

SET LIST
    "Wu Classics"

CREDITS
    Producers: Abby O'Neill, Morgan Noelle Smith; Creative Director: Bob Boilen; Audio Engineer: Josh Rogosin; Videographers: Morgan Noelle Smith, Kaylee Domzalski, Maia Stern, Bronson Arcuri, CJ Riculan; Editor: Kaylee Domzalski; Production Assistant: Brie Martin; Photo: Cameron Pollack/NPR
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More on this above.

Wu-Tang Drama Series Ordered By Hulu From The RZA, Alex Tse & Imagine TV
    By Nellie Andreeva
    October 11, 2018 10:00am

Photo by Scott Garfitt/REX/Shutterstock

The story of one of the greatest rap groups is coming to television. Hulu has given a straight-to-series order to Wu-Tang: An American Saga, a 10-episode drama from Wu-Tang Clan front man The RZA, writer Alex Tse (Superfly) and Imagine Television.

Created and written by The RZA and Tse, the series is based on the Wu-Tang Clan, one of the most influential groups in hip-hop history, and will explore and expand the band’s world.

Alex Tse

Set in early ’90s New York at the height of the crack cocaine epidemic, the show tracks the Clan’s formation, a vision of Bobby Diggs aka The RZA, who strives to unite a dozen young, black men that are torn between music and crime but eventually rise to become the unlikeliest of American success stories.

Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo will executive produce with Tse and Wu-Tang Clan members The RZA and Method Man. Fellow Wu-Tang Clan members Ghostface Killa, Inspectah Deck, Masta Killa and GZA as well as the Estate of Ol’ Dirty *******, will serve as consulting producers. James Seidman will oversee the project for Imagine.

“I’ve been a fan of Wu-Tang since the mid-90’s and recognized quickly how significant Wu-Tang and The RZA were to the world of hip-hop music and culture. Over the years I’ve gotten to know RZA and it’s clear that he is the soul and storyteller of Wu-Tang,” Grazer said. “Working with RZA and Alex Tse on this series has been a highlight of my career and Hulu is the perfect partner to bring this story to a global audience.”

Wu-Tang: An American Saga marks the first series order for Imagine since it became an independent production company/studio. It also marks Imagine’s second project at Hulu following another music-themed collaboration, the Emmy and Grammy Award winning documentary, The Beatles: Eight Days A Week – The Touring Years.

“The Wu Tang’s unique musical form and authentic storytelling continues to speak to our times,” said Craig Erwich, Hulu’s SVP of Originals. “This series is a conversation worthy event that will bring their history and music to life in a way that hasn’t been seen before.”

The Wu-Tang Clan, often hailed for its unique sound and distinct image, has released five gold and platinum albums, selling 40 million albums worldwide.

“I’m delighted to be partnering with Hulu and Imagine to explore the vast story of the Wuniverse,” said The RZA. “Wu-Tang through our music has always strove to inspire as we entertain. This opportunity to continue the Wu – Saga in a 10-episode series will exponentially increase our inspirational style of entertainment. In the immortal words of ODB “Wu-Tang is for the Children.”

For Tse, the project brings back childhood memories.

“Ever since I heard “Da Mystery of Chessboxing” on the B-side maxi-cassette single of “C.R.E.A.M.” I’ve been a lifelong Wu fan,” he said. “I’ll be celebrating this by buying a pair of Clarks Wallabys.”

Imagine’s series slate also include Empire on Fox and Genius and Mars on National Geographic.

Tse is repped by Lighthouse Management & Media, CAA and Schreck Rose Dapello.
    THREADS
    Wu Forever!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Wu-Tang District

Check out the new “Wu-Tang District” in the Park Hill section of Clifton
    By Alexandra Salmieri | For the Staten Island Advance | Posted May 04, 2019 at 07:03 PM

Alexandra Salmieri | For the Staten Island Advance

STATEN ISLAND N.Y. --The streets of Park Hill are officially “The Wu-Tang District."

The rain didn’t stop Staten Island residents from honoring the world-famous rap group who hails from the Park Hill section of Clifton.

Hundreds of supporters filled the streets as Councilwoman Debbie Rose (D-North Shore)highlighted their struggles, achievements and fame.

Rep. Max Rose (D-Staten Island/Brooklyn) and Assemblyman Charles Fall (D-North Shore) also made appearances at the ceremony prior to the unveiling.

“This is a great day where we have an opportunity to honor our own hometown heros, the young men who put Staten Island on the map internationally. They overcame all types of challenges, to not only become rap artist and hip-hop artist but to inspire and challenge the music world,” said council woman Debbie Rose.

Following the unveiling, Wu-Tang members celebrated with close family and friends at The Richmond in Stapleton.

Congressman Max Rose showed his support at the Wu-Tang Clan's day-long celebration in the Park Hill section of Clifton on May 4, 2019. (Staten Island Advance/ Alexandra Salmieri)

The corner of Vanderbilt Avenue and Targee Street has been renamed the Wu-Tang Clan District in recognition of their contribution to Staten Island. May 4, 2019. (Staten Island Advance/Alexandra Salmieri)

Wu-Tang Clan members gathered on stage to share their thanks with the Staten Island community. “The real value is in the love, to help you see all things clearly,” said Cappadonna.

Staten Island artist Gano Grills stands in front of the mural he painted to honor the Wu-Tang Clan in the Park Hill section of Clifton on May 4, 2019. (Staten Island Advance/Alexandra Salmieri)

The corner of Vanderbilt Avenue and Targee Street has been renamed the Wu-Tang Clan District in recognition of their contribution to Staten Island. May 4, 2019. (Staten Island Advance/ Alexandra Salmieri)

Assemblyman Charles Fall with Staten Island native Daniella Kelly White at the Wu-Tang Clan's day-long celebration in the Park Hill section of Clifton on May 4, 2019. (Staten Island Advance/Alexandra Salmieri)

Scenes from the VIP after party at The Richmond in Stapleton on May 4, 2019. (Staten Island Advance/ Alexandra Salmieri)
    There are a lot more pix. I only linked the first few...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Miley & Wu

Wu-Tang Clan brings “Enter The Wu Tang: 36 Chambers” to Shoreline on June 22. I'm so there.

Miley Cyrus Sings "Drugs Rule Everything Around Me" on Her Wu-Tang-Inspired Song "D.R.E.AM."
    👀👀👀
    BY ERICA GONZALES
    MAY 31 2019, 1:54 AM EDT

[IMG]https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/miley-cyrus-performs-at-the-radio-1-big-weekend-at-stewart-news-photo-1151662951-1559244598.jpg?crop=0.747xw:1.00xh;0.107xw,0&resiz e=980:*[/IMG]
    JO HALE GETTY IMAGES

Miley Cyrus is back on her music grind with a six-track EP, She Is Coming, her follow-up to her 2017 album Younger Now. The project just released at midnight, but one song is already getting a lot of attention: "D.R.E.A.M." (Drugs Rule Everything Around Me) featuring Ghostface Killah.

The track is an obvious reference to Wu-Tang Clan's legendary 1993 hip-hop hit, "C.R.E.AM. (Cash Rules Everything Around Me)," if the title and feature artist didn't already give that away. Miley even samples "C.R.E.A.M." on the song. (Wu-Tang originally sampled 1967's "As Long as I've Got You" by The Charmels for their version of the track.)
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips