Thread: Qigong Expo

Qigong Expo

I've been hearing about more and more of these, so I'm starting this thread. We've got one running for World Congress on Qigong and TCM in San Francisco already, and probably a few more, were I to be a little more expansive on my search. Perhaps I'll add those later.

For now, how nice it is to be a laowai at a Chinese expo...

Qigong Expo Attracts Many Nationalities
    Pub Date: 13-09-06 07:55 Source: www.chinadaily.com.cn

A Chinese instructor of qigong, a martial arts practice with Taoist and Buddhist philosophy, helps an foreign enthusiast during a practice session at a qigong expo held at Weiwu Square in Bozhou, Anhui province, Sept 5, 2013. The expo attracted 166 qigong aficionados from 10 countries.

A Chinese qigong instructor helps aficionados from different countries during a practice session at a qigong expo in Bozhou, Anhui province, Sept 5, 2013.

A Chinese instructor of qigong, a martial arts practice with Taoist and Buddhist philosophy, helps an enthusiast during a practice session at a qigong expo held at Weiwu Square in Bozhou, Anhui province, Sept 5, 2013.

Qigong aficionados from different countries practice the exercises at an expo held at Weiwu Square in Bozhou, Anhui province, Sept 5, 2013.

Qigong enthusiasts practice the exercises at a qigong expo in Bozhou, Anhui province, Sept 5, 2013.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

That is how one spreads qigong! As stated in another thread, I used to go to Canada (more often) in mid 80s to early 90's and there were small groups promoting CHQA health exercises for minimal cost and you could spend 4-5 hours if you had an open mind. It's all good, I think!

More people should learn the art of qigong

Qigong is interesting, and easier to master than than the traditional Chinese martial arts like tai chi. Just one or 2 movements a day is enough to help you generate the intrinsic energy and make you healthier. Of course, if you can do more, all the better and it is more desirable. In any case, it is heartening to see that more and more people are benefiting from it.