Thread: Kung Fu Why

Hybrid View

Kung Fu Why

Howdy

Since I know a lot of peoples here ......I dont names you

Im curious to know Why you choice to train MA? and mostly Why the CMA ?...
    So much style from so much country.....

AND WHY YOU CHOICE THE STYLE YOU TRAIN or have train now ?

three questions.....

Come on for the chrismas time let your heart talk

Steeve

uummmm...

Because....

Chinese Martial Arts rule....

Duh!!!!

MMMMMMMM Ng jit

CMA Rules.......other styles have also their rules.....

Come on Men give me ur best shot Im sure u could be more intellect of that ....

Are you a chu gar ( southern mantis )players my friend..... from Sifu Sammy Wong lineage?

since you are there whats the difference between the chu gar ,chow ga ,the iron something
    and the jook lum .........Do you know about the Chuka (malysian style....phoenix eyes fist style)

Steeve
    Last edited by Steeeve; 12-13-2007 at 06:38 PM.

I do cma, more spacificaly jook lum because It RULES NO SERIUOSLY where I live the only Arts I was exposed to at the time were TKD and karate I didn't know of any other arts. I was playing around w/ my cuz and he hit and it hurt like a somb!tch then he says " oh I do Kung fu Now " I came to 1 class and was so impressed, I decided to join. I stuck w/ it because to this day in my opinion I havn't seen anything as effective. (at least in my area)
    "All the skill in the world won't hold up to a real confrontation if you are too afraid to use it."

Blog Entries
    well,

for myself, i grew up around martial arts. both my father and brother were karate people. I remember my father used to set bricks on fire around the house and break them with his bare hands.

as a kid, i thought my father was god. i remember he used to get disqualified for breaking noses in tournaments back in the days too.

Then with my brother being a bruce lee fan, i followed in their footsteps. but karate, judo, tai mantis, all didn't have what i was looking for.

then i came across hung sing choy lee fut. since being from the streets, this was the most impressive style i saw. very realistic. so i stuck with it.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I was always attracted to Kung Fu over styles from other countries, regions, and cultures. I had the belief that Kung Fu (when taught and trained correctly which I admit is rare) was more balanced than other martial arts. I wanted to learn striking, internal cultivation and energy work, philosophy, culture, and grappling without having to mix martial arts or traditions. So originally I went looking for Kung Fu pretty exclusively. Within Kung Fu, though I started with Hung Gar because it was the toughest, most traditional class I could find in my area. In short I picked Hung Gar because it just so happened that the most skilled Sifu in my area taught Hung Gar. I stayed Hung Gar, b/c it is not only the most balanced system I have found (for me) but it also just fits my personality, psychology, etc. Basically it is the best style for me. It is a good fit. It has been very effective for me both personally and interactively with stylists from other traditions.