Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dai Xin Yi

actually there are contraction and expansion training techiniques and excersises in xing yi chuan. the xing yi nei gung techniques are designed for this purpose. it is said that both li no neng and his student che yi chai both modified xin yi liu hei from its original form to create xing yi chuan. although the monkey squat and tiger step excersises are not in the system. xing yi has other nei gung that compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    actually there are contraction and expansion training techiniques and excersises in xing yi chuan. the xing yi nei gung techniques are designed for this purpose. it is said that both li no neng and his student che yi chai both modified xin yi liu hei from its original form to create xing yi chuan. although the monkey squat and tiger step excersises are not in the system. xing yi has other nei gung that compensate.
    Although you may think they are similar, they are not the same thing, or even remotely close in my opinion. There is no, shu-zhan in Xing Yi, at least not the same thing I am thinking of.

What nei kung are you thinking of and can you give me some examples?

JB.
    Last edited by Xin Yi Liu He; 12-15-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added text

Li Zheng was a Xin Yi Liu He Chuan practitioner coming from Henan. Li Zheng was also Zhang Zhicheng's disciple. We believe he taught Dai Longbang who in turn modified (Li Zheng's XYLHQ), into, what we now label, Dai Shi Liu He Xin Yi Chuan.

If and that is if Li or Che learned from Dai, they would of learnt Dai Xin Yi, not straight Mai Zhuangtu style.

JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Yi Liu He View Post
    Although you may think they are similar, they are not the same thing, or even remotely close in my opinion. There is no, shu-zhan in Xing Yi, at least not the same thing I am thinking of.

What nei kung are you thinking of and can you give me some examples?

JB.
    its hard to explain it in writing and its really hard to find xing yi nei kung video's because alot of xing yi teachers either don't know it or don;t show it because they think it is the essence of xing yi or some nonsence like that. i've seen alot of dai style nei kung like the squating monkey so i know the similarities. your very quick to point out that the styles don't look alike when in fact they actually do they are just done defferently. but they are based on the same principle the same economy of motion.

. i've seen alot of Dai style nei kung like the squating monkey so i know the similarities. your very quick to point out that the styles don't look alike when in fact they actually do they are just done defferently. but they are based on the same principle the same economy of motion.
    I can agree with the comment on economy of motion, but I am going to have to agree to disagree with your other comments. Xing Yi does not have the rolling of the dan tian on a vertical axis and this is what shu, zhan is all about.

I also have to ask you what reference do you have regarding Dai training methods?

JB.
    Last edited by Xin Yi Liu He; 12-15-2007 at 10:36 PM. Reason: added text

actually it does have that at least in my system it does. as for the dai stuff i've seen a few masters i'm gonna not name here both from china and europe who are dai style practitioners and when comparing their nei gung with that of xing yi i have to say the systems are one and the same. just like xin yi liu hei guan ten animals is the same.all one family

actually it does have that at least in my system it does. as for the dai stuff i've seen a few masters i'm gonna not name here both from china and europe who are dai style practitioners and when comparing their nei gung with that of xing yi i have to say the systems are one and the same. just like xin yi liu hei guan ten animals is the same.all one family
    I can agree that they are related, there is no doubt about that, but they are not the same.

As for Dai practitioners, they can only pretty much descend from Dai Kui or Dai Hong Xun (Dai Kui's uncle). I heard Dai Hong Xun, was actually taught by his nephew, but I am not 100% sure. Most people I know come from Wang Ying Hai's line (Wang has taught a lot of people without reservation), Li Tailiang and Yang Fan Sheng from Xin Yi Dao were taught by him, etc.

Yan Long Chang has taught fewer students and you could say only opened his doors recently so to speak.

There is also Huo Yongli, who has students who represent him in Japan. Jarek also received some tuition from him as well.

As for people practicing in europe, I am pretty sure they come from Xin Yi Dao, I know there is someone teaching in Moscow as I have a friend there which learnt from him for a while.

JB.

P.S, you know you can't roll dan tian in san ti shi?
    Last edited by Xin Yi Liu He; 12-16-2007 at 04:30 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Yi Liu He View Post
    I can agree that they are related, there is no doubt about that, but they are not the same.

As for Dai practitioners, they can only pretty much descend from Dai Kui or Dai Hong Xun (Dai Kui's uncle). I heard Dai Hong Xun, was actually taught by his nephew, but I am not 100% sure. Most people I know come from Wang Ying Hai's line (Wang has taught a lot of people without reservation), Li Tailiang and Yang Fan Sheng from Xin Yi Dao were taught by him, etc.

Yan Long Chang has taught fewer students and you could say only opened his doors recently so to speak.

There is also Huo Yongli, who has students who represent him in Japan. Jarek also received some tuition from him as well.

As for people practicing in europe, I am pretty sure they come from Xin Yi Dao, I know there is someone teaching in Moscow as I have a friend there which learnt from him for a while.

JB.

P.S, you know you can't roll dan tian in san ti shi?
    your correct in a way as you can't roll dan tian in ertain santi shi.